Roper says players don't know where to line up

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin Taylor. Maybe he thinks he should only be in to run the ball and not to block?

As for the team not knowing where to line up and having to rely on Driskel to get them in their spots... As noted, the team can't be that stupid... This would probably come down to the motivation factor to play for someone who shouldn't be on the field anymore. Or to not work hard for a boneheaded coach who plays someone that should be benched when the entire planet excluding Muschamp and Driskel's mom and dad knows that he should indeed be benched. It's probably just Muschamp and Driskels dad though, I'd have to think that Driskels mom even knows he should be benched at this point...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our players aren't any dumber than anyone else's. It's not some strange phenomenon. I choose to blame the coaches that have 6 -7 figure contracts

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, it isn't that our players are too dumb, our offense is too complex.

Duh.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Driskel is in charge of making sure that everyone is lined up correctly. Houston, I think we have a problem.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ntcrze;n79882 said:
Jeff Driskel is in charge of making sure that everyone is lined up correctly. Houston, I think we have a problem.

Jeff Driskel is 1-0 against you. In your house, no less.

So yes, Houston, you have a problem.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well if true then anybody who does not know how to line up does not play. Focus on say 10 plays and practice them exclusively until those that are expected to start can run them perfectly. No excuse these players have been playing football for years. If they still can't get it make them simplier.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I definitely see a whole lot of stupid on the field each week, a whole lot of stupid...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Right or wrong, players have to buy-in. If I were to guess, I'd say they simply aren't buying in at this point.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n79769 said:
Sounds like poor coaching to me if true. It's a new playbook, but they should at least know where to line up by now.
+1

After a spring practice, summer ran players only, fall practice and now 1/3 through our season, this kind of nonsense falls on the coaching staff. A false start, or holding is on the individual at that time, but lining up wrong has to be the fault of poorly ran practices and coaching.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n79969 said:
Right or wrong, players have to buy-in. If I were to guess, I'd say they simply aren't buying in at this point.

It makes me think of Spurrier's documentary based on the input of "believe". I don't think our guys "believe" in Muschamp
or any of his package.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
HogtownGator;n79816 said:
No, I don't think Roper will be here next year, but I don't WM will be either. Nothing is functioning well under this HC. It as if no one -- from players to assistants -- knows what the hell they are doing. Only one guy can fix that and he doesn't seem to be able to.

Hard to believe ANY of the coaches on the current roster will be retained....however, Roper has a 3 year deal. I imagine he'll be around to assist w/ TRYING to keep the recruiting class intact.

Remember the stories about Zook's staff wearing Illinois gear in the Gator coaches offices before they were officially released?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
During the Zook Error a position coach was quoted as saying essentially that a lot of players were borderline "special ed". At the time I thought wow that's interesting.
Now seeing the excuse being used in the Mushamp Error I'm wondering:

Is this just what bad coaches say? Blame their players for being stupid?

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Well, teaching players at DUKE is probably different than teaching player at Florida. Maybe we need more pictures :-)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gatoravatara;n80052 said:
I noticed this as well. Under Muschamp, whether we lose or win, it is not fun. The players are not having a good time. It is painful for the fans. None of the coaches are having fun.
+100000000

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n80052 said:
I noticed this as well. Under Muschamp, whether we lose or win, it is not fun. The players are not having a good time. It is painful for the fans. None of the coaches are having fun.

I'm just curious how you know what the players and coaches are thinking or feeling?

If you really have some inside info, please document it.

As bad as we think the team is playing, I don't see a lot of misery on the faces during the game. After losing, yes there are hurt looks and even some hurtful remarks on social media but even that is miniscule.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I don't see anything like the Butt Hurt that was obvious last year, of course if we lose 6 more games, open rebellion is possible!

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
1189.jpeg

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty disappointing to hear this from our offensive coordinator at this point in the season. If his scheme is too complicated, then build it up...learn 3 sets with 3 options off of each set...then add a 4th set...then a 5th...and so on. Next thing you know, the other team might not know exactly what play you are going to run.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At this point nothing at all surprises me with this staff and team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb