Roper says players don't know where to line up

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This is a football team with no heart and soul. There is no leadership from the coaching staff or the quarterback. Fear has set in. Florida football is dead. I don't think Will Muschamp is a stupid coach. I don't think we have stupid players. I believe Mushcamp is the wrong coach for type of players we get at Florida. Not a good fit from the beginning. I wished it would have worked out because I like Will Muschamp and wanted him to be successful. My recommendation to Foley: Fire Muschamp before the Georgia game and maybe the players, as players sometimes do, will pull together one time to win one for a fallen coach. Sometimes a team will play better for a coach they don't like after the guy is fired.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n79802 said:
Hmmmmm. I seem to remember a certain Florida - Georgia game where there was a HUGE rainstorm that was so heavy waves were coming down the steps in the stands. At one point during the game, my favorite all time Gator QB Danny Wuerffel, complained to Steve Spurrier he could not hold on to the ball with this rain. Spurrier reportedly looked at Wuerffel and then pointed at Eric Zeier, the Georgia QB and said, "See him? He doesn't seem to have a problem holding on to the ball." I think most of us remembers what happened after that.

My point? The other teams in the SEC doesn't seem to have problems with their players that not knowing where to line up. If this is true, and I don't know that it is, that would be a H U G E indictment of abject incompetence against this entire coaching staff and especially the head coach. But I'm not sure this is true so I'm not ready to skewer Champer on this until I get more information.
That's right. Have we forgotten that this offense has been ranked more than 100 EVERY year of this stellar regime. There's something inherently wrong at the top. These guys are no dumber than any others on average. If Taylor is too dumb to play, what about Mack Brown or Adam Lane? Still, these offensive (no pun intended) gurus run out the fly weight Brandon Powell on the one yard line when LSU has 11 men in the box, and yes right up the gut. This same guy Roper was telling us pregame how he was planning on using Adam Lane which according to what they've been reporting is the hardest guy to tackle. There's plenty of stupidity to go around alright but it is asinine to blame this on the students. Besides, what OC tweets this kind of crap about a player anyway. That's hard enough to swallow right there.
:deadhorse:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
HogtownGator;n79784 said:
Agreed. But, probably no more who can't be taught than any other large group of guys playing football at this level. I don't think we have a special kind of stupid among our players right now. I think this group lacks adequate motivation. I don't know why, but they look and act like guys who are not adequately motivated to accomplish the task at hand.

x1000. They also don't look like they are having fun. This offense does not resemble the offense we saw in spring and heard about in fall camp. I believe Muschamp has put his footprint all over it. Watch how we set up. The H back-TE moves from one tackle to the other on every SINGLE play. All this does is say he staying in for pass protection or we try to power run between the tackles. When was the last time we saw a designed run to the outside or a toss sweep ? Or for that matter a counter, draw, or middle screen ?

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the play where he hip-checked Driskel, his blocking assignment was on Driskel's left. The right tackle whiffed on their DE, and Taylor saw it, tried to cross in front of JD and make the block. It was alert football, not an error on his part. On at least half the other plays he was in the game he went into motion wide, as if setting up a screen play. If he has problems with the blocking scheme, they're being seen in practice, not in the game.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll trade you my Ron Zook and William Muschamp for one Galen Hall at this point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n80380 said:
I'll trade you my Ron Zook and William Muschamp for one Galen Hall at this point.

Galen Hall was a pretty good coach, but never recovered from the NCAA issues.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n80383 said:
Galen Hall was a pretty good coach, but never recovered from the NCAA issues.

True, but I miss that Great Wall of Florida recruiting and the 3 headed, gear shifting stable of Anderson, Williams and Hampton... :highfive:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yep those were some well coached teams in the 80s maybe that's why even when we didn't do so well they still were fun to watch

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Circle City Gator;n80342 said:
On the play where he hip-checked Driskel, his blocking assignment was on Driskel's left. The right tackle whiffed on their DE, and Taylor saw it, tried to cross in front of JD and make the block. It was alert football, not an error on his part. On at least half the other plays he was in the game he went into motion wide, as if setting up a screen play. If he has problems with the blocking scheme, they're being seen in practice, not in the game.

OK then the problem is our right tackle not playing properly. This is why I hate a mix and match oline. Those five or perhaps six guys need to work together sort of like your hand does. Shifting always creates issues.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Wait, so we don't know how to line up, KT and the OLine don't know how to block, the WRs and TEs don't know how to catch, the QB doesn't know how to read a defense and the defense doesn't know how to stop anyone besides Tennessee? After 4 years? That's some quality coaching right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.