Roper to be let go by Muschamp

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
He just needs to hire someone off the david shaw coaching tree and stop pretending that he wants to run something else.
I think he more covets the Gus Malzahn and Dan Mullen coaching trees. Have heard Hevesy might even get a call. Muschamp and Mullen are similar in that they want to run to set up more running. Passing is only used when it is more than 3rd and "your life is in jeopardy", otherwise run anyway....then punt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he more covets the Gus Malzahn and Dan Mullen coaching trees. Have heard Hevesy might even get a call. Muschamp and Mullen are similar in that they want to run to set up more running. Passing is only used when it is more than 3rd and "your life is in jeopardy", otherwise run anyway....then punt.
I don't think he likes the uptempo offense of malzahn. Doesn't give him enough time to eat the clock.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
qraz0.gif
Great to have you back Lois Einh.....uh, Ray Finkle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lane Kiffin watched South Carolina's bowl practice, weighed in on upcoming OC hire

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...linas-bowl-practice-weighed-upcoming-oc-hire/

This week, Kiffin was dishing out advice to South Carolina coach Will Muschamp, who has an offensive coordinator opening of his own to fill. According to The State, Kiffin and Muschamp spoke over the phone recently and also attended an Outback Bowl practice:

“We talked on the phone a week or two ago for a little bit, kind of like coaches do,” Kiffin said. “I know he’s got a big decision to make so I’m sure he’ll make a great one.”

He said he didn’t particularly give any names to Muschamp, but instead discussed the sort of style he thinks the Gamecocks should target:

“In my opinion, whether it’s right or wrong, in the age we are in, you have to go fast and have somebody who understands how to go fast,” Kiffin said. “It’s not just snap the ball. There’s a lot to it. Otherwise, everybody would do it. It’s how you practice; it’s how you format everything; it’s how you teach your players how to play and how you don’t rotate players on drives and things like that. There’s a lot to it. I just think that’s the direction to go because there are so many free plays when you do that.”

South Carolina will have Bryan McClendon as the interim OC for the New Year’s Day matchup against Michigan. Whether or not he lands the full-time job, though, remains to be seen.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Lane Kiffin watched South Carolina's bowl practice, weighed in on upcoming OC hire

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...linas-bowl-practice-weighed-upcoming-oc-hire/

This week, Kiffin was dishing out advice to South Carolina coach Will Muschamp, who has an offensive coordinator opening of his own to fill. According to The State, Kiffin and Muschamp spoke over the phone recently and also attended an Outback Bowl practice:

“We talked on the phone a week or two ago for a little bit, kind of like coaches do,” Kiffin said. “I know he’s got a big decision to make so I’m sure he’ll make a great one.”

He said he didn’t particularly give any names to Muschamp, but instead discussed the sort of style he thinks the Gamecocks should target:

“In my opinion, whether it’s right or wrong, in the age we are in, you have to go fast and have somebody who understands how to go fast,” Kiffin said. “It’s not just snap the ball. There’s a lot to it. Otherwise, everybody would do it. It’s how you practice; it’s how you format everything; it’s how you teach your players how to play and how you don’t rotate players on drives and things like that. There’s a lot to it. I just think that’s the direction to go because there are so many free plays when you do that.”

South Carolina will have Bryan McClendon as the interim OC for the New Year’s Day matchup against Michigan. Whether or not he lands the full-time job, though, remains to be seen.
Kiffin may get sued for causing Chump to have heart problems.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kiffin may get sued for causing Chump to have heart problems.

If Muschamp were smart (and we know he's not), he'd take Kiffin's advice on an OC. Kiffin is a jackass, we can all admit that, but he can downright coach offensive college football.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If Muschamp were smart (and we know he's not), he'd take Kiffin's advice on an OC. Kiffin is a jackass, we can all admit that, but he can downright coach offensive college football.
Yep

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb