Roster heights/weights updated

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was never close to that. He was maybe 5 pounds heavier than Jarrad, maybe.

So the question is: how fuked up is this year's roster? I doubt TJ Moore shrunk 5 inches since signing day....and Desir-Jones is down 4 inches?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
S&C staff needs very close evaluation. I don't know what is going on there.

At least Piniero hasn't been lost 1/2 a year to a weight lifting back injury.

That was one area I questioned during Meyer's era as well as Mushchamp's. It seemed to me that we had so many injuries that might hate been mitigated by excellent training.

I'm curious what others perceive on that

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Cece really does look tiny. Looks like a LB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It's just so damn stupid that we have, excluding freshmen, 8 undersized DEs and 2 DTs.

What is Ancrum at 255-260?

Jordan Smith looks more skinny than CeCe.

Do you even have a weightroom and nutrition program?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
One thing I noticed from the roster update and from watching a few limited practice videos so far on youtube is that Trask certainly looks the part. 6'4 240lbs. I know a lot of people haven't given him much consideration, and Im not saying he'll start this year or maybe ever, but I would not write this guy off in his time at UF. If anything I think he could be a very solid backup and could perform well as a starter if given the opportunity.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
He was 255 last year, at the most. I don't know where that oft repeated "270" bs came from. It never said that on the roster.

Those are all guys who will probably be looking for another team soon.

S&C staff needs very close evaluation. I don't know what is going on there.
I think Forsythe and Moon can be solid contributors in their careers here. I like their potential and size measurables (Forsythe is a Giant and looks the part.) Both can see great strides with more time developing here imo

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

CeCe looks tiny?? Wtf are you talking about? He's a rush end. He's standing next to other big dudes. I think "tiny" is a bit far. This kid is a stud. CeCe Jefferson isn't a kid we will have to worry about making plays or not. He's about the surest thing on the team. Him and maybe Gardner at Corner.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
It's just so damn stupid that we have, excluding freshmen, 8 undersized DEs and 2 DTs.

What is Ancrum at 255-260?

Jordan Smith looks more skinny than CeCe.

Do you even have a weightroom and nutrition program?
I really like Donkey. This kind of poster is the reason I like this board as opposed to the insane pumping on Swamp Gas. I agree that we can't be sure about the S&C program yet. But I don't think our D-line is going to be a problem. Clark, Slaton, Campbell and Conliffe are all about 300lbs. So we have beef inside. I wouldn't call them undersized. Bryan is undersized in the middle. Do you really think the DEs being slightly undersized is a problem, Donkey? I wouldn't trade our DEs for anybody else's in the country. Maybe Bama? Would you?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
CeCe looks tiny?? Wtf are you talking about? He's a rush end. He's standing next to other big dudes. I think "tiny" is a bit far. This kid is a stud. CeCe Jefferson isn't a kid we will have to worry about making plays or not. He's about the surest thing on the team. Him and maybe Gardner at Corner.

He's 6'1 240 and was never really a rush end. Heck, he played inside a good amount last year.

I'm not bagging the kid, I still think he's a good player. I'm just concerned about his weight.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I noticed from the roster update and from watching a few limited practice videos so far on youtube is that Trask certainly looks the part. 6'4 240lbs. I know a lot of people haven't given him much consideration, and Im not saying he'll start this year or maybe ever, but I would not write this guy off in his time at UF. If anything I think he could be a very solid backup and could perform well as a starter if given the opportunity.
I had no idea that Kyle posted on this board.
Hey buddy, @NoTrainJay26 is your biggest fan :thumbup:
btw, stay away from swonkey, he fckin HATES you :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's 6'1 240 and was never really a rush end. Heck, he played inside a good amount last year.

I'm not bagging the kid, I still think he's a good player. I'm just concerned about his weight.

He does look too small to be playing DE. He is a little smaller now than that LB at Bama that was rotating around at the line of scrimmage last season.

I wonder what the heck is up with him. Is he just trying to get the NFL to consider him as a LB?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He does look too small to be playing DE. He is a little smaller now than that LB Bama was rotating around at the line of scrimmage last season.

I wonder what the heck is up with him. Is he just trying to get the NFL to consider him as a LB?
hell I am agreeing with some of you guys now..WE might need to try him at LB :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He does look too small to be playing DE. He is a little smaller now than that LB at Bama was rotating around at the line of scrimmage last season.

The NFL ain't gonna notice him as a 6'1 242lb DE, that's for sure.

Again, go look at my post on the previous page. That entire roster is out of whack.

The two biggest glaring F' up's are Desir-Jones (from 6'4 to 6-foot) and TJ Moore (from 6'5 as a signee, to 6-foot).

There's a ton of other glaring mistakes (or are they?). Who knows if it's accurate?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

See the other posts about Jefferson. You're way off. To answer, yes....he does look "tiny" (compared to his peers around the SEC who also play DE). This will be his first year as a full-time starter....we HOPE he's "a stud". If he was truly a "stud" he would have beaten out Bryan Cox and/or Jordan Sherit - the DE starters last year (Jefferson started a few games due to injuries to the starters ahead of him). He's now 242 pounds. That's the same size Jarrad Davis played at last year.....and he was a LB. I'm hoping the roster is wrong, but you saw the pictures. He's standing next to his peer group at DE and he's the smallest guy among them (and he's only 6'1 to boot, which isn't exactly tall for the position). He's the perfect size for an Alabama LB....but he's playing DE. Maybe he only comes in on 3rd and long?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL ain't gonna notice him as a 6'1 242lb DE, that's for sure.

Again, go look at my post on the previous page. That entire roster is out of whack.

The two biggest glaring F' up's are Desir-Jones (from 6'4 to 6-foot) and TJ Moore (from 6'5 as a signee, to 6-foot).

There's a ton of other glaring mistakes (or are they?). Who knows if it's accurate?

I agree the roster looks funky in places but judging by the picture, he looks around 240. Who knows :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator