Roster heights/weights updated

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
See the other posts about Jefferson. You're way off. To answer, yes....he does look "tiny" (compared to his peers around the SEC who also play DE). This will be his first year as a full-time starter....we HOPE he's "a stud". If he was truly a "stud" he would have beaten out Bryan Cox and/or Jordan Sherit - the DE starters last year (Jefferson started a few games due to injuries to the starters ahead of him). He's now 242 pounds. That's the same size Jarrad Davis played at last year.....and he was a LB. I'm hoping the roster is wrong, but you saw the pictures. He's standing next to his peer group at DE and he's the smallest guy among them (and he's only 6'1 to boot, which isn't exactly tall for the position). He's the perfect size for an Alabama LB....but he's playing DE. Maybe he only comes in on 3rd and long?
I'm willing to admit that I may be wrong about him. I just think he and Gardner are the two most gifted football players on D.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm willing to admit that I may be wrong about him. I just think he and Gardner are the two most gifted football players on D.

Bruce, I don't think you're wrong about him....I was just pointing out that IF he's indeed 242lbs that's just simply not a good thing. Like I mentioned, that's what Jarrad Davis played LB at last year. He's a down lineman in the SEC, plus he's short. He should have gotten his weight to 255-ish (give or take a few). 242lbs isn't an every down DE in the SEC. The only good thing here is he likely comes back next year, as no NFL team wants to draft a 6'1 242lb football player to play DE. He's an excellent football player, but his size will put limitations on what he can do. I hope the roster is wrong and he's actually - at least 250lbs.

I agree w/ you on Gardner. I think he'll continue our trend of having great DBs.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Bruce, I don't think you're wrong about him....I was just pointing out that IF he's indeed 242lbs that's just simply not a good thing. Like I mentioned, that's what Jarrad Davis played LB at last year. He's a down lineman in the SEC, plus he's short. He should have gotten his weight to 255-ish (give or take a few). 242lbs isn't an every down DE in the SEC. The only good thing here is he likely comes back next year, as no NFL team wants to draft a 6'1 242lb football player to play DE. He's an excellent football player, but his size will put limitations on what he can do. I hope the roster is wrong and he's actually - at least 250lbs.

I agree w/ you on Gardner. I think he'll continue our trend of having great DBs.
AND Jarrad Davis was a force on the edge at that size. I think Jefferson has more pass rushing skill than Davis too. With Jefferson on one side and Clayton or Zuniga on the other, I wouldn't trade those guys for anyoneelse's DEs. Maybe Hand and whoever at Bama. And yes I know Davis was LB rushing the edge and Jefferson will probably have a hand on the ground. But I bet he beats a majority of the O-Tackles he faces this year and makes plays. I just see his weight as an advantage.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GA#1: **** we forgot to update the roster
GA#2: Damn it I thought you were going to do it
GA#1: Fcck just take the last one and change some numbers around
GA#2: On it!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AND Jarrad Davis was a force on the edge at that size. I think Jefferson has more pass rushing skill than Davis too. With Jefferson on one side and Clayton or Zuniga on the other, I wouldn't trade those guys for anyoneelse's DEs. Maybe Hand and whoever at Bama.
The problem at that size is setting an edge and supporting the run defense. Not saying he can't, but that size doesn't help. I can't remember the Vikings DT (McDaniel maybe), who was undersized but was a pro bowl talent. Cece will have some work to do

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
The problem at that size is setting an edge and supporting the run defense. Not saying he can't, but that size doesn't help. I can't remember the Vikings DT (McDaniel maybe), who was undersized but was a pro bowl talent. Cece will have some work to do
I agree that maybe being "undersized" might create a problem for him setting the edge on run plays. I don't think that's how teams will attack us running the ball though most of the time. We have speed and I think teams (especially Bama and lsu style running attacks) go straight up the middle. So DT, MLB & the Safety spots will have to be solid. But I guess that is what everyone is wondering anyways. Is our D going to have a significant drop. Everyone has their opinion but I think we're pretty much the same on D as last year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that maybe being "undersized" might create a problem for him setting the edge on run plays. I don't think that's how teams will attack us running the ball though most of the time. We have speed and I think teams (especially Bama and lsu style running attacks) go straight up the middle. So DT, MLB & the Safety spots will have to be solid. But I guess that is what everyone is wondering anyways. Is our D going to have a significant drop. Everyone has their opinion but I think we're pretty much the same on D as last year.
One thing is for sure, the better teams will find weaknesses and we'll have to adapt. Given the size of Slaton, Campbell and Conliffe, running off tackle may prove more appealing especially with someone like Guice running. Maybe we start playing cover 1 and just throw numbers at them. We don't have RFN on the squad to erase mistakes. I see what you are saying, but Law is right on size. If he was 265 or 270, it'd make me feel better, but we just won't know until they play. We also don't know if he's going to be playing a buck role or if the roster numbers were complete bs to mess with UM. But the season will be here soon and it will provide many answers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So here's a picture of TJ Moore....listed at 6 feet tall on the roster:

6_5069787.png

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_mbcmdl61wk1rx8lgjo1_500.gif

enough with the LDR thing/rumor/fake news/cluster waiting to happen, it's pissing me off...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So here's a picture of TJ Moore....listed at 6 feet tall on the roster:

6_5069787.png

The roster has had a few updates since they realized an intern got drunk then posted up the "new" heights and weights:

- TJ Moore is now 6'5, but Desir-Jones is still listed at 6' (he was 6'4 on last year's roster)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.