RUMOR: A QB won't be back next year

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like a pipe dream but I'd be happy if it happened.

I mean I wish the guy all the best. He put himself on the line for us. The only reason I would be happy is it would take the decision to start him out of Mac's hands. Mac is going to have a tough time not starting him in Dallas if he is on the active roster.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I still don't understand why so-called "fans" on this board feel the need to belittle or make fun of our players by calling them names, etc. If you want to critique their play or any other aspect of their game, fine, but there is no need to make it personal. After all, coaches decide the starting lineup.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He had to know Grier was going to be the man. He's a back up. That's all he was ever going to be here. Maybe graduating makes a difference. That twitter war was weird too.

When he came here, Grier was an unknown and we had seen the best out of Harris. It was probably worth the gamble, especially coming from a school that was changing to a system that didn't fit his skill set.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw, I like Del Tacos. Or maybe its been too long and my memory is already poor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't understand why so-called "fans" on this board feel the need to belittle or make fun of our players by calling them names, etc.
Jeez, maybe the internet isnt for you. We are sarcastic, even (or especially) to each other. Ox probably takes more crap than anyone. Its part of the fun. What the hell else is there to do? There are only games for a few weeks of there. I dont even know what you talk about on a pumper only board but they are there if thats what you need.

Otherwise, lighten up Francis. If youre sarcastic to me, I usually give you a like.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw, Im pretty sure the LDR guesses are crap. The West Beaumont Junior College of Typewriter Repair contacted Trash, and we are pretty sure he is gone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When he came here, Grier was an unknown and we had seen the best out of Harris. It was probably worth the gamble, especially coming from a school that was changing to a system that didn't fit his skill set.

Sounds plausible but I thought I remember hearing that Grier was pretty damn good in practice(during his redshirt year). I'm not sure when the LDR thing went down. If LDR is playing QB come Sept 2017 here...I truly expect him to be the starter in Dallas.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds plausible but I thought I remember hearing that Grier was pretty damn good in practice(during his redshirt year). I'm not sure when the LDR thing went down. If LDR is playing QB come Sept 2017 here...I truly expect him to be the starter in Dallas.

That is why we better hope he starts coaching or transfers. I don't think Mac can be trusted with the QB decision if LDR is still on the team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With LDR still hoping to take the field, don't you think that still carries the invalid "pressure" of LDR's Dad
being an NFL HC.??

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Maybe LDR is planning on entering the NFL draft. He probably won't play in the bowl game because he doesn't want to risk getting hurt. (/tongue_in_cheek)

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't Luke Del Taco the "Brains" behind the Del Taco restaurant chain?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wait a minute.....This spoiled brat belly ached to Mac to get Grier booted and now he's gonna quit or more likely transfer again because he doesn't like being called a p vssy by a few fans......fitting.....The more I think we've hit bottom the more we go lower and lower.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a minute.....This spoiled brat belly ached to Mac to get Grier booted and now he's gonna quit or more likely transfer again because he doesn't like being called a p vssy by a few fans......fitting.....The more I think we've hit bottom the more we go lower and lower.

You're going to stick to that story (and bring it up 100000 times) no matter what, huh?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Where did you hear that? LDR does seem a little sensitive when it comes to the fans however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator