RUMOR: A QB won't be back next year

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe LDR is planning on entering the NFL draft. He probably won't play in the bowl game because he doesn't want to risk getting hurt. (/tongue_in_cheek)
Now, Hee Haw said he was the back up to AA. He's ready to go...where we don't know.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You're going to stick to that story (and bring it up 100000 times) no matter what, huh?
Yup....Just another poor decision by a sub par coaching staff.....Just wait until this clown of a coach doesn't have Muschamps defensive players next year......He better think of something quick or sh!t is gonna get ugly.....like sub .500 ugly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Where did you hear that? LDR does seem a little sensitive when it comes to the fans however.
I've heard from a pretty big booster a whole different take on the Grier story.....Yes, he did something he shouldn't have but there is a question about who knew what.....And it wasn't WG or his dad that made the decision to leave....I'll just leave it at that for now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard from a pretty big booster a whole different take on the Grier story.....Yes, he did something he shouldn't have but there is a question about who knew what.....And it wasn't WG or his dad that made the decision to leave....I'll just leave it at that for now.

I have always wondered how someone gets nailed for PEDs in college because they test for it so infrequently due to the tests being costly I guess compared to a standard drug test. I always figured the NCAA was tipped off on most of the positive tests since its so rare to ever hear of one unlike the NFL. I can't remember if it was here or not but I remember some posts about someone being accused of turning Grier in or something like that.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I see LDR like Brian Schottenheimer. He will stay here and be a "solid" back up, and learn to be a coordinator to follow his Dad into coaching.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So you are saying that LDR turned Grier in for PED's or the support staff did?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Title of thread is misleading if you are using the term 'QB' to describe LDR. Using the term 'crybaby' or 'whiny pussy brat' would be more accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you are saying that LDR turned Grier in for PED's or the support staff did?
Of course he is, but last year it was Treon he blamed.

Paranoia runs deep in the pothead crowd and the snitch is always trying to get them.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Of course he is, but last year it was Treon he blamed.

Paranoia runs deep in the pothead crowd and the snitch is always trying to get them.
Wrong again....Treon was merely a puppet to finish out the season. What we got after the suspension is what happens when politics come between players, coaches and who someone's dad might be......

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All I'm saying is "some people" knew what was going on with Grier....in fact almost everyone knew and was OK with it until it happened.....

So you have a second source or proof that "some people" knew he was on PED's. I would start to tread lightly, there are members of this board who personally know the people who oversee these things (including myself). You are making accusations of their personal and professional reputations.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you have a second source or proof that "some people" knew he was on PED's. I would start to tread lightly, there are members of this board who personally know the people who oversee these things (including myself). You are making accusations of their personal and professional reputations.
I used to know a lot of people in the Meyer staff. Primarily because I was friends with someone entrenched with the family itself. Had beers with some grad assistants and support staff several times over a few years. I would never want to work for a football staff. It's loaded with pettiness and back stabbing. Constant drama.

I can confidently say that if Mac's organization is run anything like Meyer's, people knew he was taking PED's. It's not even a question. If they didn't know, it's because they have specifically set up operations to not know. This goes to the whole argument about not knowing boosters are handing out money. The coaches may not know 100%, but they see the signs. They know enough to ask questions and figure it out. There is a willful ignorance amongst the upper echelon if they don't "know".

So if you want to talk about professional reputations, first and foremost, there isn't a lot of professionalism within the organization. What is shown externally is not what happens behind closed doors. Second, I'd say there is a 95% chance or better that the overseers knew or should have known he was taking PEDs. If they didn't, they either aren't good at their jobs or have intentionally insulated themselves for CYA purposes, which means they know that shady shyt goes on. Not real good for professional reputations either.

To the point about Meyers time here, he knew about approximately 30 felonies that were covered up by coaches and others. And yes, the smart business owners in Gainesville will call the football department prior to calling the police. It's no surprise that Meyer's office assistants had to review Gainesville Mugshots every morning.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Then come clean with everything you know......Personally I don't believe this staff is going to make it here longer than next year so don't hold back if you know anything....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I used to know a lot of people in the Meyer staff. Primarily because I was friends with someone entrenched with the family itself. Had beers with some grad assistants and support staff several times over a few years. I would never want to work for a football staff. It's loaded with pettiness and back stabbing. Constant drama.

I can confidently say that if Mac's organization is run anything like Meyer's, people knew he was taking PED's. It's not even a question. If they didn't know, it's because they have specifically set up operations to not know. This goes to the whole argument about not knowing boosters are handing out money. The coaches may not know 100%, but they see the signs. They know enough to ask questions and figure it out. There is a willful ignorance amongst the upper echelon if they don't "know".

So if you want to talk about professional reputations, first and foremost, there isn't a lot of professionalism within the organization. What is shown externally is not what happens behind closed doors. Second, I'd say there is a 95% chance or better that the overseers knew or should have known he was taking PEDs. If they didn't, they either aren't good at their jobs or have intentionally insulated themselves for CYA purposes, which means they know that shady shyt goes on. Not real good for professional reputations either.

To the point about Meyers time here, he knew about approximately 30 felonies that were covered up by coaches and others. And yes, the smart business owners in Gainesville will call the football department prior to calling the police. It's no surprise that Meyer's office assistants had to review Gainesville Mugshots every morning.

I'm not referring to coaches, and I knew a few of the coaches on Meyers staff as well. Meyer extremely organized where this staff isn't. I'm referring to the support staff, who are here regardless of the coaching staffs in place. Also one of his secretaries, med staff, organization, travel, media relations etc. in the building. Coaches come and go, a good amount of UF support staff stay regardless of the changes.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then come clean with everything you know......Personally I don't believe this staff is going to make it here longer than next year so don't hold back if you know anything....

So no to second source or proof.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do I need a second source? I tend to believe the one I've heard and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots......

Connect the dots to a theory you have had for a while. Like someone speaking to a particular audience because they know what they want to hear.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Connect the dots to a theory you have had for a while. Like someone speaking to a particular audience because they know what they want to hear.
The audience wants to see good football so next time you're with the staff could you tell them to either give us some or leave???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.