RUMOR: Franks laughs about getting pulled...tensions high in locker room

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The more that jerk off talks the less I believe the rumor. That being said, I think the team needs a spark. I don't think the team will play or prep as hard when they don't have confidence in their qb.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I doubt the rumor is true. TV kept putting the camera on him on the sidelines after getting pulled and he was acting fine. Never even smiling much less laughing. Embraced Trask after he led to score.

Give Trask/EJ a shot next week anyway.
I was ten rows up right in front of him. Trust me he was smiling.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He was right about the facial hair so there’s that.

I’m rewatching the game now and have not seen Franks separate himself from the team yet.

It’s like political ads......why make shyt up when the truth is obvious enough.

Make a change and let’s see what we could do with real playmakers on the field. EJ, Pierce and Toney should get serious touches. They said Toney came into this game with 23 touches the entire season.

Let’s shake it up without blowing up the team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. EJ, Pierce and Toney should get serious touches. They said Toney came into this game with 23 touches the entire season.
That's just fkking astonishing. He is really the only player who makes things happen, OL be damned, on this team.

How does he have 23 touches in 9 games?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
While I can’t condone violence. The sh!tter is definitely full and needs to be emptied. Give Trask the ball and let the Donkey weep.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What do we really have to lose giving Trask a chance. I still don't understand why EJ redshirting is so important. Let him play and develop for next year.

I was talking to a friend tonight and to us the logical plan is:

A. Start Trask next week rather than play EJ against Muschamp's defense that might hurt his confidence.

B. Start EJ the following week against Idaho and give him the whole game.

C. Start Trask against FSU but give serious time to EJ.

D. Then play Trask in the bowl and EJ still gets his redshirt.

Then you have a good idea about both going into spring practice and next season.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
What is so damn precious about EJ's redshirt. That line of thinking is absurd. If he can play, play him. The fact that we're rolling Franks and Trask out there makes me think he's yet another bum. That or Mullen is a complete dolt.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is so damn precious about EJ's redshirt. That line of thinking is absurd. If he can play, play him. The fact that we're rolling Franks and Trask out there makes me think he's yet another bum. That or Mullen is a complete dolt.
Don’t count out the Dolt conclusion.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Me and oxking have openly wondered this as well. Why is it that important? Hell, Jalon Jones will probably be taking Emory's job anyway.
Maybe as a coach you think it’s in his best interest. It’s a judgement call.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I was talking to a friend tonight and to us the logical plan is:

A. Start Trask next week rather than play EJ against Muschamp's defense that might hurt his confidence.

B. Start EJ the following week against Idaho and give him the whole game.

C. Start Trask against FSU but give serious time to EJ.

D. Then play Trask in the bowl and EJ still gets his redshirt.

Then you have a good idea about both going into spring practice and next season.
The problem with this is Jones would not be getting good playing time against better defenses. Letting him play against Idaho is like him playing against our defense in practice. What I mean by that is the level of talent they have is kinda like our defense not being able to go 100% at him. Hes not really getting a feel for the speed of college football playing against them.

The last thing you want is for him to be making his 1st start against Miami next year. Miami might not be a power house but their defense will be fast.

I think if Jalen is going to be better anyway why not burn the redshirt. I'd play Jones the whole 1st half against SC and really open the offense up to him. He might surprise and play really well when the light go on. He might struggle as well but you can get an idea of the player he's going to be. I thought he made a good decision in the UGA game the ball was just a little underthrown.

Why play him at all if you don't think he's ready? I don't want any player on the field if he's not capable of playing the position unless hes forced in do to injury.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
He was right about the facial hair so there’s that.

I’m rewatching the game now and have not seen Franks separate himself from the team yet.

It’s like political ads......why make shyt up when the truth is obvious enough.

Make a change and let’s see what we could do with real playmakers on the field. EJ, Pierce and Toney should get serious touches. They said Toney came into this game with 23 touches the entire season.

Let’s shake it up without blowing up the team.

Toney should've had 100 touches this year. He doesn't get the ball nearly enough. I don't understand the stubborn, bland play calling today. Toney lined up at RB early on and took a sweep off the right side and nearly got a first down. It was a play that wasn't well blocked but Toney made a hole with his speed. We have plenty of skill players that are just getting wasted right now. Even with a ****ty O-line and a bad QB, we should be able to move the ball with Toney, Jefferson & Grimes. This is where I think Trask will be a huge improvement over Franks, he'll be more accurate and make smarter decisions and can actually get the ball to the skill players better than Franks. But it won't make a difference if Mullen is really this bad at play-calling and in-game adjustments.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure this will drop tensions...

Props to Pastor Trask for posting this, and for his son Kyle giving the spiritual leadership this team needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator