RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
No. They didn't. That's why they're not playing Saturday. Ask South Carolina and Vandy if you can't figure it out.

That's fine. They missed their opportunity but they are still the better football team than us. Jerrit, tell your dad to take the Oregon job...

Edit: If we also played their west opponents we wouldnt be playing this weekend also.

Bama and A&M Would **** Us Harder than Muslims **** Goats

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that I'm bringing 'realism' into the echo chamber of solution-less bytching.
This is where you lose me. By say "solution-less", you are implying that the members of this board or Gator fans in general can offer any real solutions. They can't. We are held prisoner to the Athletic Director. I think "solution-less bytching" is a great description for every fan message board, for any sport, in the world. In fact, they should be called "solution-less bytching boards" and not message boards.

People vent and say stupid things. You chuckle and move on. Someone says "fire Mac immediately and bring in Dan Mullen!" and everyone screams and flips out. It's great stuff. Who sits around and takes this stuff so seriously? We're all here primarily to be entertained by each other, and this board does a great job doing that.

Message boards don't offer solutions, Euro.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Nuss gets replaced, it will only be for theater. It's Mac's offense. Quit thinking a new OC is going to change anything.

Only a good QB is going to change anything on offense.
Ok, lets say we get a great qb and have a good offense for a year or 2. We'll be right back to where we are. He's already proven he can't make an average qb even serviceable. If we're gonna rely on him signing an all world qb every class we're screwed.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is where you lose me. By say "solution-less", you are implying that the members of this board or Gator fans in general can offer any real solutions. They can't. We are held prisoner to the Athletic Director. I think "solution-less bytching" is a great description for every fan message board, for any sport, in the world. In fact, they should be called "solution-less bytching boards" and not message boards.

People vent and say stupid things. You chuckle and move on. Someone says "fire Mac immediately and bring in Dan Mullen!" and everyone screams and flips out. It's great stuff. Who sits around and takes this stuff so seriously? We're all here primarily to be entertained by each other, and this board does a great job doing that.

Ox, don't even worry about it. Nothing is more comical than the occasional poster that comes on an incessantly bytches about people bytching. Its totally ironic and great entertainment, just let him continue :)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There is no one I know (personally) and no one on this board who could do his job better than he has..

No one on here is good enough in his eyes, yet he wants solutions. Totally contradictory statements. We're not qualified to offer a solution.

He's about to go off the deep end.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's fine. They missed their opportunity but they are still the better football team than us. Jerrit, tell your dad to take the Oregon job...

Edit: If we also played their west opponents we wouldnt be playing this weekend also.

Bama and A&M Would **** Us Harder than Muslims **** Goats

I know that you would love for reality to be different (see what I mean Ox? Where are you calling out this B.S.?) but it isn't. We won more east games than they did. We won more in the west than they did. We beat all the teams in the east and they lost 2. We beat one of our two opponents in the west. They didn't. We also played both of our games in as away games when we should have had one as a home game. Going from The Swamp to Death Valley is about as big of a swing of advantages as you can get.

I know you'd like it to fit your narrative and I'm sorry to own you like this, but you shouldn't pipe up with your stupidity - and continue with it - when you are wrong.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, don't even worry about it. Nothing is more comical than the occasional poster that comes on an incessantly bytches about people bytching. Its total ironic and great entertainment, just let him continue :)

No one has taken anything I've said to task. You just want to dismiss me so you can enjoy your wallowing. :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This whole thread =

raw

Famc5JB.gif

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ox- can we just create a safe space forum for those who want zero negativity? Not only would it provide shelter for the sensitive snowflakes, but would provide hearty laughs for the rest of us.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I know that you would love for reality to be different (see what I mean Ox? Where are you calling out this B.S.?) but it isn't. We won more east games than they did. We won more in the west than they did. We beat all the teams in the east and they lost 2. We beat one of our two opponents in the west. They didn't. We also played both of our games in as away games when we should have had one as a home game. Going from The Swamp to Death Valley is about as big of a swing of advantages as you can get.

I know you'd like it to fit your narrative and I'm sorry to own you like this, but you shouldn't pipe up with your stupidity - and continue with it - when you are wrong.

"We Beat All the Teams in the East" - Tennessee disagrees with this assessment

"We Beat one of our Two Opponents in the West" - One boat raced us; the same one that lost 56-3 to Auburn and got beat by Missouri and If you can't see that a team who gained 400 plus yards against us and should have won the game and would have 9 times out of 10, I can't say anything other than you cant fix stupid.

"Death Valley Swing" - Game was at noon and tickets were $15 dollars on StubHub...it wasn't some magical big game environment.

I try to refrain from commenting about posters but your IQ level is about as high as McElwain's PBJ sandwiches. The reality as you call it is that we aren't a good football team. Remember you are sitting here defending a coach whose team hasn't put up more than 20 offensive points in the month of November. Offense sitting at 120th in the nation and dead last in the SEC.

"But he got to Atlanta".....Yay!!! Except for the fact that the SEC East is rated worse than the MWC....keep pumping Jerrit....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox- can we just create a safe space forum for those who want zero negativity? Not only would it provide shelter for the sensitive snowflakes, but would provide hearty laughs for the rest of us.
We all know good and well that this board is incapable of zero negativity.:giggle:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, Euro was always whining/ bytching/crying bc we thought Chimp sucked, too but he was definitely not Coach9.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is where you lose me. By say "solution-less", you are implying that the members of this board or Gator fans in general can offer any real solutions. They can't.

Everything on here is just talk. That doesn't mean that they can't say that they want Mac gone and say who they want to replace him. It has gotten so out-of-ballance that it doesn't even matter if what they're calling for would make things better or worse.

I think "solution-less bytching" is a great description for every fan message board, for any sport, in the world. In fact, they should be called "solution-less bytching boards" and not message boards.

There are things that are funny. There are also things that aren't. Not necessarily because they're bad or wicked (I'm not just trying to make sure everything has good character in that way), just because they aren't funny. So, when I find if funny, I give it a like or quote it and give the poster props. Law wasn't funny at the end of Muschamp's career when he said THE SAME THING over and over and over.

What you aren't acknowledging is the - wait for it - reality that most people are here to share discussion and information about a team they love. They really do care about the Gators. When the Gators do well, it actually makes them happy and when the Gators fail, or worse yet, fail big and repeatedly, it makes those fans miserable. You know that's true.

...and in light of this our words affect others. If you are constantly around people who are positive, you'll be more positive. If you're around people who are negative, you'll be more negative.

You don't mind it if someone gets it for saying something stupid (like bring in Dan Mullen!). Their comment isn't funny (unless it's meant to be) but the replies are. I get that. However, when the vocal ones become so negative that anyone with any positive comment or element of a comment gets shouted down, that's a problem for a message board. I haven't been all rainbows and cotton candy about where we are, I'm just not as unbalanced as some here.

If what you want here is "solution-less bytching," then it would be better for me to move on. That doesn't turn my crank at all. If what you want is a community where Gator fans discuss, dissect, share in celebrating and commiserating and build community around our common love of the Gators, then I would want to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator