RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He better not get 4 years if we are a mess again on offense with his poor recruiting results so far.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thread is silly.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
This whole thread is silly.
This whole thread is about a bunch of disillusioned Gator fans with very little to hope for. A dream, even a silly one, is better than no dream at all. Kinda like the dream many of us have about what we would do if we won the lottery.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He sure as hell better not get a 4th year if we still stink it up on offense next fall and go like 6-6 or 7-5. We would then officially be the new Tennessee, but with a much worse offense...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
How much would Mac owe us if he leaves?

Quite a lot. $5 million I believe. For those that want Mac gone ASAP, the solution is simple...don't give him a raise and don't extend him. If he gets pissed he may voluntarily leave on principle and pay us in the process. That would make the financial situation in finding a replacement easier on UF.

The bottom line is that from a financial perspective, we have him trapped and there is no good reason whatsoever for us to give Mac a raise or extension, at least until he shows us better results on the field and the recruiting trail.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Same info slightly different source:

@finebaum: Mike Bellotti names 4 coaches on his short-list for the opening in Eugene, OR.

Matt Rhule
Jim McElwain
Willie Taggart
Dan Mullen

I think from that group Mullen wins out. He's done as well as a coach can at Missy State and now it's time to parlay that into a better and higher paying gig, which Oregon is. Plus he'll get better talent at Oregon.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I won't give up hope. It Muscrap was given a HCing job after what he did to us Bugs Bunny can get another HCing position. Sorry about that Bugs you brushed your teeth. Colgate would love to get a hold of him with their new whitener.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quite a lot. $5 million I believe. For those that want Mac gone ASAP, the solution is simple...don't give him a raise and don't extend him. If he gets pissed he may voluntarily leave on principle and pay us in the process. That would make the financial situation in finding a replacement easier on UF.

The bottom line is that from a financial perspective, we have him trapped and there is no good reason whatsoever for us to give Mac a raise or extension, at least until he shows us better results on the field and the recruiting trail.
Ding ding ding

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think from that group Mullen wins out. He's done as well as a coach can at Missy State and now it's time to parlay that into a better and higher paying gig, which Oregon is. Plus he'll get better talent at Oregon.
If I'm Oregon I'm going with Taggart...hell I would take him over Mac at UF right now.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure the UAA shut down the tracking on its planes after the whole Mac hire.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait. Then who the hell do we get? You see any superstars looking right now?

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I personally think Mac is just trying to get a raise, which he may get a little bump. I just hope we don't extend him for like 4 yrs so we end up owing him 10 mil when we fire him in 2 yrs, like we're still paying dumbchamp.
His comment about "support" in his press conference points to that as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trapped? You think he can get someone else pay him $4 million to take his 117th ranked shytshow to their school?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nope....only Foley makes those kind of hires! :lol:
Mari, any news? We are in danger of getting the whole show back for next year, aren't we? One TD drive was enough to scare off the guillotine for Nusschamp?

It's funny that we are apparently required to take orders from Saban, the same dude that said Chimp and Derek Dooley are doing great jobs and shouldn't be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.