RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
His comment about "support" in his press conference points to that as well.
Yeah it does, and it probably pertains to facility upgrades and a bigger support staff. The one thing I will give Mac credit for is that he has seemed to finally get the ball rolling on upgrades to the facilities that Foley neglected for soooooo long. I think it will take awhile for our facilities to be competitive with fsu, let alone the upper echelon of the SEC. According to what I've heard Shane Mathews say on local sports radio in Gainesville, our facilities our probably at best like 10th in our conference. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Mari, any news? We are in danger of getting the whole show back for next year, aren't we? One TD drive was enough to scare off the guillotine for Nusschamp?
Looks like if we pull Stidham...Nuss will be back...if we pull Leatherwood (which isn't happening) Summers will be back. If either miss....good chance they are demoted or gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to what I've heard Shane Mathews say on local sports radio in Gainesville, our facilities our probably at best like 10th in our conference. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!
That's not what I heard him say. I heard Collinsworth and him call our facilities the worst, excluding Vandy and I wonder about that today, bc they have been pouring money into their facilities the last two years.

The problem with the SECN contract is that every damn school in the SEC now has big money.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like if we pull Stidham...Nuss will be back...if we pull Leatherwood (which isn't happening) Summers will be back. If either miss....good chance they are demoted or gone.
How do you demote Summers?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That's not what I heard him say. I heard Collinsworth and him call our facilities the worst, excluding Vandy and I wonder about that today, bc they have been pouring money into their facilities the last two years.
So there 13th not 10th, I knew he said they were very bad compared to the rest of the conference. It just don't sound like there is gonna be a quick fix to this whole mess.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Put his old a$$ on the support staff and let him watch film. If he can still see he do that :lol:
A guy like Summers may be a great addition to the support staff. I have read and heard he is highly respected, but a weak recruiter. One thing is for sure, Mac has got to shake things up if we're gonna see improvement.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Trapped? You think he can get someone else pay him $4 million to take his 117th ranked shytshow to their school?

That's my point...no other program in their right mind will pay him his current salary and pay us his buyout, THEREFORE there is no reason for us to give him a raise nor extend his contract. We hold all the cards.

And if there is a school willing to pony up the buyout to get him then that's a win for us, too, based on his results so far.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno man, I'd love for my next employer to seriously overpay for my skills.

I don't think TRAPPED is the word I'd use to describe my situation.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bG-LOGO.jpg

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I dunno man, I'd love for my next employer to seriously overpay for my skills.

I don't think TRAPPED is the word I'd use to describe my situation.

TRAPPED as it relates to getting a raise from his current salary level. I'm not arguing the point that he is overpaid. I'm simply pointing out to those who think Mac is using the Oregon rumor to extract more money from us that he doesn't have any leverage over UF for the reasons I mentioned. The one factor I can't account for is a dumb azz AD being willing to do something stupid. We know the last guy was prone to do such things. Let's hope the new guy isn't.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
A guy like Summers may be a great addition to the support staff. I have read and heard he is highly respected, but a weak recruiter. One thing is for sure, Mac has got to shake things up if we're gonna see improvement.
He would be great on the support staff! Especially...since he already knows the kids,coaches,system,and how everything works. I like Summers and believe he was a good coach (once upon of a time) but that time has passed. Dude is absolutely deadweight on the recruiting trail and a AVG OL coach so we need to go ahead and demote him or give him the boot....ASAP!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator