RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Mac, if you're reading this, Taylor Jacobs F'd your wife.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I guarantee the sh*t that has been going on at UF over the last 10 yrs is about to stop. Fuchs/Strickland are being very vocal and aggressive about getting Florida Football back on top.

They are? Any links to stories/comments? I haven't heard sh*t from this new AD.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have to assume Oregon will open up the wallet for a Peterson or possible Chip Kelly return. If Mac is on their list it's probably way down.
As far as we are concerned I'd like to see how Durkin handles Maryland. He is young, knows our league and program well, and is a good recruiter.
In a few years he could possibly be ready for the job.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I, for one, think the obvious choice is Dan Mullen...Strickland knows him well & he's a good recruiter here in the SE...just my $.02

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And yes, while this is fun to talk about, I'm pretty sure Mac isn't going anywhere.

However, as a reminder if you think you have some inside information and yet don't want to be exposed, PM or email me. I'll expose it and keep your name out of it. :suspect:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is all a pipe dream. I agree. Mac will get his third year. I hope he gets recruiting turned around and grows some tougher skin. It will get worse before it gets better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
From the other thread:
If McElwain chooses to leave before Jan. 31, 2017, he would owe the Gators $3.2 million ($2 million of which would go to Colorado State), before Jan. 31, 2018 – $3 million ($1.5 million to CSU), before Jan. 31, 2019 – $2.5 million ($1 million to CSU), before Jan. 31, 2020 – $2 million ($500,000 to CSU), on or after Feb. 1 2020 – $1.5 million.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yes, while this is fun to talk about, I'm pretty sure Mac isn't going anywhere.

However, as a reminder if you think you have some inside information and yet don't want to be exposed, PM or email me. I'll expose it and keep your name out of it. :suspect:

Can we make up stuff?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Perception. Unless we could grab a proven winner like Dabo (not a huge fan, but you know what to expect) or Petersen (probably not going to leave the west coast), getting another up and coming coach or a coordinator may not be the answer, and that's likely what would happen. That being said, I am sick of futility at the helm.
The good thing about Dabo is that boy knows how to recruit talent and he is already in the state to keep them if you were in Florida

Sep 29, 2015
Probably not, but I get tired of this gator fans are the reason people don't want to come here crap. Every fan base is vocal on social media and its something a coach has to live with. every fan base that has been extremely mediocre and downright pittiful looking for 8 years is going to be extremely vocal on social media until things look better. You want them to shut up then make us look like we wouldn't loose to a high school team some days and recruit better. Muschamp beat the highest of expectations out of most of us for a while, but expecting simple improvements and better recruiting are not something we should be ashamed of expecting.

I'm thinking "fans" here means big money boosters and people with influence close to the program. I'm guessing Mac and any other coach gives zero fks about what GCMB has to say about him. I could be wrong though. Otherwise I agree that all big time programs fans are restless when you score zero offensive points against your bitter in-state rival; it's part of the deal and why you make the big bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator