RUMOR: Mac Looking for an out?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Nuss gets replaced, it will only be for theater. It's Mac's offense. Quit thinking a new OC is going to change anything.

Only a good QB is going to change anything on offense.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying not to get that far in my head. Trying to use all my,brain power into wishing for mac to get the Oregon job first.

This thread may turn in the next three pages, but this is the exact sentiment I get from reading it so far. It seems like the vocal people on this board are in such a rush to get rid of what we have that they don't care if there's a plan to replace him. As bad as you think he is, it could be much, much worse. There is no one I know (personally) and no one on this board who could do his job better than he has.

I'm not sure he's the answer and I'm very concerned about Mac and his staff's ability to recruit well enough and to implement a consistently successful plan. I suspect he really can draw up plays that do give us a 'decided schematic advantage,' but if you don't have the players or can't get them to execute it properly, then you don't succeed. I get it.

Some of you are convinced that Mac isn't the answer and you may be right. At this point, as Jay has said, unless there's change it doesn't look like he'll succeed here. Nonetheless, Mac is better than many who do this for on his level and him walking away would put us in a bind. It would be bad enough to lose a HC when the AD's office plans for and initiates it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good point Euro. Out of the 128 HC/OC duos in the NCAA there are apparently seven worse. I sure hopenwe dont hire on of them but then again two of our last three OCs have been 100+ guys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as you think he is, it could be much, much worse. There is no one I know (personally) and no one on this board who could do his job better than he has.
Uh, did someone put forth the idea to hire a member of Gatorchatter? :crazy:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If Nuss gets replaced, it will only be for theater. It's Mac's offense. Quit thinking a new OC is going to change anything.

Only a good QB is going to change anything on offense.

I somewhat agree but I am not completely convinced that Mac is participating in the play calling. The offense as a whole seems like it could work with the proper play calling at crucial times such as goal line offense or simply first down choices or 3rd down conversion choices. It seems like the wrong plays are continuously called. If Mac is allowing Nuss to have full control of the plays, its very possible a new offensive mind could correct alot of our issues.......maybe....

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, did someone put forth the idea to hire a member of Gatorchatter? :crazy:

Since this is your board, I assume you've read some posts on here since Saturday. Everyone acts like they know better. Yeah, I said it to remind everyone who is so happy to help him pack or offer a truck to help him move - who treat him as if he hasn't contributed anything and is just an enemy of the program - that they'd be much worse.

...but you get all of this. You'd rather have a bunch of people pissing and moaning. I don't understand why you foster misery and discourage optimism or hope.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First, it would put UF into the stone age if he left. Anyone who says different most likely ate paint chips as a child. If he stays 2-3 more years we will be in the football stone age already

Second, I highly doubt that he uprooted his family to move to Gainesville to he run out of town by a mob of bent fans after FSU. By family, I assume you mean his wife since all the kids are grown or attending Alabama. We could have the patriots coaching staff running the show and it wouldn't make up for the fact that our players were out physicaled saturday based on talent.
Nobody disputes the gap in talent between us and most of our rivals but talent can still be properly prepared and used properly, you know like figuring out who your best players are at each position before the 9th game of the year. I don't think it is a very good sign when fans can watch a game and call the plays before they happen. I truly innovative offensive coach could figure out a way to manufacture offense but yet we stay in triple digits nationally. I won't even get into the piss poor recruiting that has occurred so far. Go back and check and you will see that it is far worse than any UF coach in the modern era.

So I guess I ate paint chips as a kid because I am struggling to see any way anything changes with Mac unless HE makes major changes. If not, then why delay the pain any longer?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Since this is your board, I assume you've read some posts on here since Saturday. Everyone acts like they know better. Yeah, I said it to remind everyone who is so happy to help him pack or offer a truck to help him move - who treat him as if he hasn't contributed anything and is just an enemy of the program - that they'd be much worse.

...but you get all of this. You'd rather have a bunch of people pissing and moaning. I don't understand why you foster misery and discourage optimism or hope.
I foster realistic commentary. This program has been going downhill for 7 years, and it's not looking any better - in fact it's looking worse. I understand that some fans cannot handle negativity; most of them either avoid message boards or go to a place like Swamp Gas that bans anyone not toeing the line. And I don't blame them for that nor have any ill will whatsoever. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good point Euro. Out of the 128 HC/OC duos in the NCAA there are apparently seven worse. I sure hopenwe dont hire on of them but then again two of our last three OCs have been 100+ guys.

Are we measuring using results? If so, there are 6 worse in our division.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I foster realistic commentary. This program has been going downhill for 7 years, and it's not looking any better - in fact it's looking worse. I understand that some fans cannot handle negativity; most of them either avoid message boards or go to a place like Swamp Gas that bans anyone not toeing the line. And I don't blame them for that nor have any ill will whatsoever. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing.

You do not. What did I say that was not realistic?

After you answer that, how have you called in to question anything that is negative that isn't realistic?

Right. You haven't. T's post that I quoted was an admission that reality didn't matter, only getting what was eclipsing his view of everything else. He wrote what is happening in this thread. ...and I pointed it out. ...with realistic balance. Earlier in the thread, Law put forth the false dichotomy of 'pumpers and realists' and I laughed. The difference is I see through that crap. You absolutely do not foster realistic commentary. You allow it all and you (like all of us) mock what you don't like.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
...sorry to interrupt you rubbin' one off to all the misery and criticizing detached from any reality. Carry on.
You slam HIM for being detached from reality?
You do not. What did I say that was not realistic?

After you answer that, how have you called in to question anything that is negative that isn't realistic?

Right. You haven't. T's post that I quoted was an admission that reality didn't matter, only getting what was eclipsing his view of everything else. He wrote what is happening in this thread. ...and I pointed it out. ...with realistic balance. Earlier in the thread, Law put forth the false dichotomy of 'pumpers and realists' and I laughed. The difference is I see through that crap. You absolutely do not foster realistic commentary. You allow it all and you (like all of us) mock what you don't like.
While I certainly don't want you to go anywhere, have you ever considered the idea that fan message boards are not for you? You seem to have an idea of what they should be in your mind that isn't anywhere close to reality.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Are we measuring using results? If so, there are 6 worse in our division.

Uh...well are they because one in our division beat us like a drum....i'd venture to say we are likely the 3-4th best team in our division and lucked our way into Atlanta

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You slam HIM for being detached from reality?

Absolutely. Why didn't you answer my questions?

What did I say that was not realistic?

While I certainly don't want you to go anywhere, have you ever considered the idea that fan message boards are not for you? You seem to have an idea of what they should be in your mind that isn't anywhere close to reality.

I'll give you this, you very clearly perceive that I do have a clear idea of what something should be. ...but it's not about a message board. A message board is just a place where people, real people, interact. My ideas of what ought to be have much less to do with message boards and much more to do with basic character (which shouldn't change depending on your setting) and logic and truth. I'm frustrated by and disappointed in people who so clearly misrepresent the truth of a situation. You can see it in my replies to the race comment by LongTooth in the same way you see it here. I replied to you with specific ideas and evidence. ...just like I did to LongTooth. I'm very 'realistic.' ...and open to real discussion. The problem is that I'm I'm bringing 'realism' into the echo chamber of solution-less bytching.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh...well are they because one in our division beat us like a drum....i'd venture to say we are likely the 3-4th best team in our division and lucked our way into Atlanta

So.... is Tennessee the best team in the division?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So.... is Tennessee the best team in the division?

They showed they were at least better on the field than us, didn't they?

Jerrit McElwain; it's really okay defending your dad but he just sucks as a coach okay?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They showed they were at least better on the field than us, didn't they?

Jerrit McElwain; it's really okay defending your dad but he just sucks as a coach okay?

No. They didn't. That's why they're not playing Saturday. Ask South Carolina and Vandy if you can't figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.