Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some people saying we might not get Kelly because UF wants to micro manage too much to ensure compliance and Kelly doesn't want that much going on. Not sure if BS or not but he is known for wanting full control pretty much.

CLTGator

Nov 2, 2017
... So, nothing has nothing to do with blindly eliminating your team's most productive players. Plus, what other vitals will he ignore, blindly believing in his supreme method. His wins at Oregon were with a NFL-caliber QB at the helm, heavily relying on the option. I can see that working against "out-west" defenses but wary of success against SEC defenses, wary being the operative word..

I assume you mean Mariota. He only had him I think his last year at Oregon

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

But Itraz, there are people we know that said it is impossible to do well with multiple QB's in a short time. Or that you can't field a good defense in anything less than 4 seasons....:facepalm::faint:

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
What NFL caliber QB? Darron Thomas? Jeremiah Masoli? He didn't have Mariota until his final year.

I would like to hope he can acquire Fla talent to take his system to a different level and succeed..... I mean that's what this whole exercise is about, right?

Some people have the concern that we will have missed the trend of this offensive methodology.

I say let it rip with 4 and 5 stars.... its way better than what we've had shoved at us lately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see. We're waiting to announce until Sunday to follow protocol.

I want Kelly as much as the rest of you, but you're going to have to do a better job of selling me on the idea that the coast is absolutely clear.
No. You're right. We lost out to UCLA... who didn't want him anyway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is it BEER:30 yet? I think we all need one... It's gonna be a long week...
You need to post more. I was shocked to see founding member by your name.

It is a damn cool name though. My nickname in sports was always Moose.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That is correct, but people don't like facts get in the way of their opinions

Doesn't apply in my case as I had absolutely no facts.

Again, wary about his Oregon team holding up in game after game vs SEC defenses.
His offense prevailed in a game or two, not several games week after week. I am just uncomfortable with all these "throw caution to the wind" attitudes. Kelly just might have the highest chance of not being a good fit with our "down-south" athletes. What will we do if he started recruiting mainly those far-west super-offensive athletes? ... Granted everybody seems to know but IDK.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows? I didn't even know they still had a football team. Norm Chow?

Thanks for taking one for the team, avatar. If they hit you with a kidnapping rap, I will help post bail.

People forget that wearing UCLA stuff around LA could get you shot by Bloods. Think that doesn't add the cost of a contract?

garden-blocc-crips1.jpg

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
That's the thing. I don't believe they are looking at more options.
When was the last time you heard from your source inside this adventure? I think it was three days ago and it was a single word response "soon". Since then it has be radio silence. I think he may have spoke out of turn if he is not responding to inquiries over the last three days. I am not questioning you, I am concerned about your source being eerily quite all of the sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.