Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the uncertainty behind the scenes was as bad, maybe worse, when we chased Meyer. Social media played about 1/50th the role it does now.
We sure got to hear days of the Networks talking heads assuring us that no coach would choose UF over ND.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I take back my “F*ck you Axl Rose” thread that caused Jereed to say that. Now that he’s back together with Slash and I’ve seen them play Orlando & Miami, all if forgiven.
Of course it was you. You were also the Mary Wise thread right???

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We sure got to hear days of the Networks talking heads assuring us that no coach would choose UF over ND.

He was so open about it being his dream job, I just assumed he'd take it. In retrospect, it made a lot of sense that he didn't.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I thought this was an open board. The past several pages look anything but that to me. It's become as snarky and divided as an Alt Right rally in Eugene. Esp you, Law, the guy who swore up and down to me three weeks ago that UF was going after Frost and that everything said to the contrary was a diversion.

Until someone posts confirmation from the UAA, I think it's fair to say neither side is right or wrong. It's opinion. That's all we have until it is what it is.
Sounds like somebody needs a safe space.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Only Gators latest:

uesday, Nov. 21 — Day 23
9:52 p.m.: LandryFootball.com reports that Chip Kelly’s agent met with UCLA on Sunday, the same day Florida flew to New Hampshire to meet with Kelly himself. It also notes that Kelly’s meeting on Tuesday with two senior athletic department officials and the Bruins’ heaviest donor “went well” The discussion with the Bruins appears to have centered around donor commitment and Kelly potentially having the necessary funding to build the program he wants from multiple standpoints.

Chomp: Kelly’s agent meeting with UCLA on Sunday certainly debunks prior reports that the sides had no legitimate contact at that time. If this report is accurate and Kelly’s primary concern regarding UCLA was its financial commitment, there is a case to be made that he may actually favor the Bruins with that being his lone reservation. UCLA bringing out the big guns in Casey Wasserman, the founder of the former megapower management company Wasserman Media Group, is a massive revelation. If Wassterman promises Kelly to give him whatever he needs to win — such as Nike founder Phil Knight did for him at Oregon — Kelly-to-UCLA may be more real than anyone believed 24 hours ago.

Ok, now I'm worried.

That Dunn flight to LA looks ominous now.

Man, contract was ready, staff was in the air, and we got pipped by the Bruins....

Oh well, if he didn't want to be here then sadly it's for the best. But if we blow it with Frost and end up with a Taggart or Jackson then I really don't know where the excitement for what is becoming a second/third tier program will come from.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
College Football Top 25, Top 4 for Week 13
  1. Alabama (11-0)
    2. Miami (10-0)
    3. Clemson (10-1)
    4. Oklahoma (10-1)
    5. Wisconsin (11-0)
    6. Auburn (9-2)
    7. Georgia (10-1)
    8. Notre Dame (9-2)
    9. Ohio State (9-2)
    10. Penn State (9-2)
    11. USC (10-2)
    12. TCU (9-2)
    13. Washington State (9-2)
    14. Mississippi State (8-3)
    15. UCF (10-0)
    16. Michigan State (8-3)
    17. Washington (9-2)
    18. LSU (8-3)
    19. Oklahoma State (8-3)
    20. Memphis (9-1)
    21. Stanford (8-3)
    22. Northwestern (8-3)
    23. Boise State (9-2)
    24. South Carolina (8-3)
    25. Virginia Tech (8-3)
I live in the hotbed of S. Fla high school football. Within 25 minutes from Dwyer, Glades Central, Pahokee, Heritage, Oxbridge ect. If ever there is a reason to get this coach announced, it is because if you look at the list above, the schools in bold are ALWAYS here and ALWAYS looking to poach the top talent away from UF and FSU. We are at our most vulnerable right now.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was an open board. The past several pages look anything but that to me. It's become as snarky and divided as an Alt Right rally in Eugene. Esp you, Law, the guy who swore up and down to me three weeks ago that UF was going after Frost and that everything said to the contrary was a diversion.

Until someone posts confirmation from the UAA, I think it's fair to say neither side is right or wrong. It's opinion. That's all we have until it is what it is.

Did you forget what the off-season was like just a few months ago? It doesn't get any more snarky and divided as that. I'd say this thread is pretty normal for gatorchatter. :lol:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I've got a list of members that are going to be banned for life if we land Kelly.

I noticed you said IF.

My point exactly. I'm not saying we don't get him. But I really don't know at this point. No one does. And the longer it goes on, the less likely I think we do.

So with all the complete lack of class that some on this board display with regularity and are not banned for and you will ban us for disbelieving at the moment?!

Then go ahead, Ox. Ban me. IDGAF anymore. IDGAF about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.