Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
My brother-in-law works in the AD staff for University of Southern California (USC). He texted me tonight and told me that he hoped UF has a solid Plan B because CK to UCLA is very real due to the booster money that has been committed in the last 24hrs to outbid any other suitor for CK's services. He says the only way CK goes somewhere else is if he thinks another team is closer to winning now but UCLA will not lose on money or recruiting geography. He says the USC athletic department is VERY aware of what is going on because they believe CK wants back in PAC 12 because it is easier road to the playoffs and CK knows how to pull national talent so he is not worried about USC dominating the local talent. He said the last 24hrs have gone from "no chance" to "UCLA is the leader in the club house". Take it or leave it but I the text just came in about 15 minutes ago so I thought I would post it.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
My brother-in-law works in the AD staff for University of Southern California (USC). He texted me tonight and told me that he hoped UF has a solid Plan B because CK to UCLA is very real due to the booster money that has been committed in the last 24hrs to outbid any other suitor for CK's services. He says the only way CK goes somewhere else is if he thinks another team is closer to winning now but UCLA will not lose on money or recruiting geography. He says the USC athletic department is VERY aware of what is going on because they believe CK wants back in PAC 12 because it is easier road to the playoffs and CK knows how to pull national talent so he is not worried about USC dominating the local talent. He said the last 24hrs have gone from "no chance" to "UCLA is the leader in the club house". Take it or leave it but I the text just came in about 15 minutes ago so I thought I would post it.
"Thinks another team is closer to winning now". So UCLA is close to winning now?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
"Thinks another team is closer to winning now". So UCLA is close to winning now?
This is the guy on the chopping block? What about free speech? He has more likes than posts. That man has a rights people died for....

So how many Oxbucks to save him and Nav's hide? Oxbucks must buy influence or what good are they?.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OK, but what does “UCLA” stand for?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
UCLA is all good if he never wants to be in the NFL again. It will be same product beating the same teams losing to more physical team 9/10 times. He can prove that he deserves a chance again by competing with the big boys. More money is a load of crap. I hope he realizes when you have huge donors you also have huge obligations to :nutswinger:Whenever they want.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm drinking a celebratory bourbon since we are hiring Chip Kelly. It's Blanton's not Woodford.

Swampsoup

Nov 21, 2017
Talked to my friend who is a local connected media member and alumni. I will tell you that his "guys" are JF and UM and he is not a CK fan. Over a few beers he told me that CK is our new football coach. TIfWIW...which isn' much (no hard evidence) Go Gators!

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Are you serious? Look at our schedule. Who have we played? Vandy, Tenerec, UK, Uab...come on man open your eyes.
Ox jokes about banning people all the time. Unlike a lot of other sites, it takes quite a bit to get banned. I only know of Alvin and hopefully that DB Lawrence of Florida from the other board was banned before he ever had a chance to post here....

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Talked to my friend who is a local connected media member and alumni. I will tell you that his "guys" are JF and UM and he is not a CK fan. Over a few beers he told me that CK is our new football coach. TIfWIW...which isn' much (no hard evidence) Go Gators!
Hot damn, I’m sold!!!! Getting my season tix back tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.