Rumors on Mac from other site

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The thing about a coaching change is that the freshmen know as much of the playbook as the seniors.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm watching the Temple v Navy game with one eye as I read post with the other. It is amazing to me that Coach Collins of Temple (who left Gators after last year) actually has a very exciting offense. How is it that Mac could produce such a boring product? Never mind. I know the answer.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't think so. I think it has more to do with priorities. When your priority is DON'T YOU DARE MAKE A MISTAKE on a throw, then you get little errors constantly. If you praise guys for taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds they take less risk. Good offenses take some risks, have some turnovers, but produce points. UF's QBs since at least Tebow have had Hippocratic Oath coaching. So they start out assessing where there is the danger of a turnover and never really have time to see where a play might be developing.

I hear you but you’ll see guys who learned those lessons and others like touch on short passes etc. in college start making them all over again when they get to the NFL. But yes, coaching is key and obviously sub par since Mullen left. And even so, Mullen didn’t fully polish Tebow’s ability to read defenses, pocket passing or his throwing motion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then why delete my last sentence where I noted his deficiencies re: Tebow? Bad donkey.
Mullen was sub par. worse than Front Butt and Fedora at least. probably worse than Zaunbrecher.

All he knew was option.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

This was right after the UGA game and his facial expression tells me all i need to know about the man #Bum

I wondered about that. Just why was his wife down on the field with him after a game? I have never seen that but perhaps it is common.

I heard his excuse, but when I fail I am not happy, not smiling, not like that.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 7665
This was right after the UGA game and his facial expression tells me all i need to know about the man #Bum

I wondered about that. Just why was his wife down on the field with him after a game? I have never seen that but perhaps it is common.

That turd was smiling in anticipation of a full buy-out, mega payday, which most believe was his plan all along. Glad it was thwarted. It was criminal that he was ever interviewed, much less hired. Undeserving.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mullen was sub par. worse than Front Butt and Fedora at least. probably worse than Zaunbrecher.

All he knew was option.

Kestahn Moore diving into the line for 1.5 yards on first down won us two national championships, you ingrate.

I liked Fedora’s offense & expected him to do better at UNC. Zaun’s bubble screens got wearisome.

We all miss the Fun n’ Gun but even Spurrier didn’t run his offenses the same at SC.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Shelley Meyer was on the field after the game all the time. I don't know about other coaches wives though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

It's very common. Shelly Meyer was ALWAYS down there. I don't remember Jerri Spurrier on the field much. Muschamp's wife and kids were down there regularly too.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel was god awwwwwwful and was amazing with literally one summer of coaching with Skip Holtz.

Mac and Nuss simply ****ty coaches

Totally agree with the sentiment that Mac and Nuss suck.... but Driskel was under muschamp.... who ALSO SUCKS

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Totally agree with the sentiment that Mac and Nuss suck.... but Driskel was under muschamp.... who ALSO SUCKS
i stated that just as a reference for Franks. I haven't given up on him because of what happened with Driskel who turned a corner with new coaching

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

It's not uncommon for spouses to be on the field after the game. He was actually asked about that big smile in the post game presser. He said his wife had told him not to hang his head, the same thing his Dad had taught him. Nothing to be gained from frowning and pouting.

That being said, his WIDE smile is a lot different than just don't hang your head. I absolutely would not expect an invested coach to look that upbeat, even for a brief moment, after enduring a beatdown like UGA administered. I agree that it's more an expression of relief that his tenure at UF was over and a big exit payday was eminent. Thankful he didn't get his full reimbursement.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Exactly...i get pissed off (as does any competitive person) if I lose in anything yet this clown just got blowed off the field and he's out there smiling/laughing? :eek3: That there shows me he didn't give a damn about winning and he was just here for a check!!!! #Bum

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Just took a 42-7 a$$ beating and he's got a big smile on his face, after the Tennessee game he looked like his dog just died when they interviewed him after the game.

In a take off of the Super Bowl MVP "I'm going to Disney World" spots they did a few years back the caption to this photo should read, Hey coach, you just lost 42-7 to one of your biggest rivals what are you going to do now? His response, I'm going to Unemployment World.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know you're dealing with a major bozo when Cover2 has harsh words for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.