Rumors on Will Grier

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think Grier feels that he is just carrying too much baggage to stay. He might feel he would be starting out in the dog house + sitting out that will be too much to overcome here. His dad is probably bending his ear to play elsewhere. It really was a catastrophe of stupid.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If your father was a former NFL QB, who would you rather coach your 5* QB son? Kirby Smart or Jim McElwain? I'm not sure UGA is the team to beat. It may be Michigan at this point.

His father was not an NFL QB. Same name but different dude.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to get the same feeling as well. The more the situation (suspension) is quiet, the more the smoke builds. Got a feeling this could really blow up. Maybe Mac does feel moving ahead in another direction is best.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have 300.00 saying that Mac lands Franks or Eason but for sure one of them...anyone?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have 300.00 saying that Mac lands Franks or Eason but for sure one of them...anyone?
We better land one of them.
Perhaps if Grier is going to transfer, coach should tell him to go ahead and do it, then lock down on one of these guys and play up Grier not being there.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We better land one of them.
Perhaps if Grier is going to transfer, coach should tell him to go ahead and do it, then lock down on one of these guys and play up Grier not being there.
Grier's basically not there anyway. We need a QB for the first 6 games of the season, and that QB can't be Treon Harris. These guys know that and have to see the opportunity.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier's basically not there anyway. We need a QB for the first 6 games of the season, and that QB can't be Treon Harris. These guys know that and have to see the opportunity.
I certainly hope so. I hardly doubt they view Del Rio as real competition anyway, so perhaps an incoming recruit QB's only point of contention is if Grier stays, does he take back over the reigns from a true freshman.
If he stays, and steals the job back, then these guys could be sitting for some time before they get it back, whereas there may be other schools they can step in and be a 4 year starter.

If Grier isn't going to transfer, then great, we'll deal with that. However, if there is any truth to this, then the coaches should probably go ahead and move him along.

I have zero desire to see Harris be our QB after this season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't make any more of this than need be. The quarterback position amounts to the biggest crapshoot of the recruiting process and you can never have enough good ones on the roster. Let the chips ball where they may and may the best man win.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't make any more of this than need be. The quarterback position amounts to the biggest crapshoot of the recruiting process and you can never have enough good ones on the roster. Let the chips ball where they may and may the best man win.

^This. High School greatness doesn't always translate to NCAA greatness or even goodness. Bring in the best talent, and let the competition sort it out. If someone feels the need to go else where or transfer because they don't want to compete, how would they handle the SEC schedule where competition is at a premium.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His father was not an NFL QB. Same name but different dude.
my bad, just going by what was posted here. double checked and the Sporting News actually says don't confuse his dad with the NFL QB

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is in Grier's best interest to stay. While I agree we need a QB for game 1 next year, Grier showed he understand the offense, is accurate and can throw the ball on time. The reality is that there aren't a lot of college QBs who see the game well enough to throw a ball before a receiver gets out of their break. You certainly are going to have a tough time finding a true freshman who can do that... even after 6 games.

I think the best bet for a starter next year is Del Rio. He has been practicing with the team and learning the offense so he probably has a better chance of being able to see where the open guy is. He is also from a football family and that may help from a football knowledge perspective.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone tell me why it wouldn't be in his best interest to stay? Unless you've somehow convinced yourself Del Rio is more than a collegiate journeyman, it's not like anyone's going to have a serious leg up on him by Game 7 next season. We're raw and underweighted at QB for the time being.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone tell me why it wouldn't be in his best interest to stay? Unless you've somehow convinced yourself Del Rio is more than a collegiate journeyman, it's not like anyone's going to have a serious leg up on him by Game 7 next season. We're raw and underweighted at QB for the time being.

It would be in his interest to stay, however, he may have other reasons to not stay. IMO that decision should be made sooner than later, as far as the interests of the team/coaches are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator