Rumph turns down Clemson

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Clemson was trying to hire him away and he had no interest...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't even aware Rumph was still working for UF. Haven't heard his name in a year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Rumph turns down Clemson

Apparently Clemson was trying to hire him away and he had no interest...

I am not sure we know any of this. What the tweet said was the Rumph received "overtures" from Clemson and Rumph is "remaining" at UF.

So:

1. We don't know Rumph "Turns Down Clemson." We just know they approached him.

2. We don't know Clemson was trying to hire him, they may have made overtures to several potential Dline coaches. There may or may not have been an offer and the way things work at Universities, more often than not there is not a offer if you are not going to accept.

3. We don't know Rumph had no interest in Clemson. He might have had some interest, but not enough to go. He might have had a lot of interest, but they could not get together on salary or title or something. He might have had some interest but someone the Clemson people knew better was also interested.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure we know any of this. What the tweet said was the Rumph received "overtures" from Clemson and Rumph is "remaining" at UF.

So:

1. We don't know Rumph "Turns Down Clemson." We just know they approached him.

2. We don't know Clemson was trying to hire him, they may have made overtures to several potential Dline coaches. There may or may not have been an offer and the way things work at Universities, more often than not there is not a offer if you are not going to accept.

3. We don't know Rumph had no interest in Clemson. He might have had some interest, but not enough to go. He might have had a lot of interest, but they could not get together on salary or title or something. He might have had some interest but someone the Clemson people knew better was also interested.
:facepalm:

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I live 15 minutes from Clemson drive through the campus everyday on my way to work. On the local radio about 10 minutes ago they said they talked 2 people directly on the staff and they were told they never offered Rumph anything. This guy is super close to the program announces games on Campus and works for ESPN now here is his opinion. If you didn't know Rumph didn't leave Clemson on the best of terms either. This is the same guy that said we were locked for Locksley telling us this happened.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They offered or they didn't......either way he's staying.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I live 15 minutes from Clemson drive through the campus everyday on my way to work. On the local radio about 10 minutes ago they said they talked 2 people directly on the staff and they were told they never offered Rumph anything. This guy is super close to the program announces games on Campus and works for ESPN now here is his opinion. If you didn't know Rumph didn't leave Clemson on the best of terms either. This is the same guy that said we were locked for Locksley telling us this happened.

Not like they'd ever admit they got turned down.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

I'm so sorry

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Weird. I thought you couldn't hire a dude when he already has a contract?

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
The shine will be off of him next year when we have either freshman or 250lb rush ends in the middle of the line and we give up an average of 200 yards a game and even directional schools get near that average. Just sayin'.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's mind numbing that our programs' hottest news are unwelcomed coaches staying, coaches bolting yet their vacancies remain unfilled, inept player recruiting by coaches or coaches sniffing other venues... at this time of year, it should be all about the players... makes you want to belt out an exuberant Go Gators! doesn't it? :mad:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another recruiting Win for us and moves us into the Top 10 baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb