Founding Member
1277366372422.gif

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Only reason I can see to buy an RV is if you have pets that can't stay in hotels.
Or you are retired and use it for your primary home. If I could afford one and drive it and wife would allow I would live in one year round. I would need A/C but as indicated most camp grounds have electricity etc. Now being in a park allows you to enjoy the various things anytime. Early in the morning or late at night. Seems better than a hotel to me, but you do have to drive a large vehicle and pay for your spot. I especially would like to camp on the beach.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
DocZaius said:
**** the haters. I just got back from a trip to Alaska with my family - we rented an RV for a week and it was glorious. We moved from campground to campground, parked the RV, hiked all day and came back, slept, and were ready to move on to the next site in the morning. We could cook a nice meal, use a toilet that actually flushed and even got to take a shower once in a while.

That was pretty nice, especially considering how remote many of the places we visited were.

edit: I can't say "****" here? That's bull****. Also, we never started the generator and never camped anywhere with RV hookups - although it would have been nice to be able to have unlimited fresh water at shower time.
And no packing and unpacking, setting up and tearing down, etc. Perhaps now everyone will understand even if they would not enjoy. Now in Alaska no A/C might be needed, but in Fl in the summer I would need it.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's that fine public education kicking in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DocZaius said:
**** the haters. I just got back from a trip to Alaska with my family - we rented an RV for a week and it was glorious. We moved from campground to campground, parked the RV, hiked all day and came back, slept, and were ready to move on to the next site in the morning. We could cook a nice meal, use a toilet that actually flushed and even got to take a shower once in a while.

That was pretty nice, especially considering how remote many of the places we visited were.

edit: I can't say "****" here? That's bull****. Also, we never started the generator and never camped anywhere with RV hookups - although it would have been nice to be able to have unlimited fresh water at shower time.
Alaska has big bears. I can see wanting walls for sure.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My parents have one permanently stashed at a lake in MO...it's one you pull but has a queen sized bed, satellite tv, couch, bathroom and shower. At a lake that has either multi million dollar homes or run down old resorts from the 80s they pay only a small fee for a yearly spot and never have to move it. Even built a deck off of it for more room to sit outside and grill. they spend about every other weekend there in their semi retirement. Not a bad deal at all.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I used to have a RV and I loved it but the wife finally notified me that it wasn't a vacation for her to have to keep it clean, cook meals and such. Bye, bye RV and hello to Hotels. Have to keep mama happy.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n11561 said:
I used to have a RV and I loved it but the wife finally notified me that it wasn't a vacation for her to have to keep it clean, cook meals and such. Bye, bye RV and hello to Hotels. Have to keep mama happy.

I can see how that would interfere with her bringing you a coldbeer and a sammich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.