S&C coach named?

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016

That’s kinda what I suspected, but very cool. Appreciate the insight into this aspect of the program. Now I’ll ask what you think of the new hire.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
fit-muscular-man-in-shorts-near-weights.jpg

... as Gators, we want to look good inside the uniform and play solid outside... :cool: be savage

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't know if he's gonna be any good but anything has to be better than what we've had for the last 9 years. Even Chump's teams were suspiciousy injury prone - have to believe that wasn't at least in part on S&C.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is one aspect of the program I'm confident Mullen won't eff up. I know this was a big focus of Scott Stricklin.
I agree with this. Frankly, I doubt the offense will ever be much better than average to below average, but he has a history even with Cowbell talent of putting tough lineman and tough teams on the field.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Many of McElButt's boys were so busy with credit card scams they didn't have much time for the weight room.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So has he arrived in Gainesville yet?

Our guys are only 2-3 years behind every other SEC school so it seems to me that every day that passes is a lost opportunity to be introduced to an actual strength program versus PB&J therapy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even Chump's teams were suspiciousy injury prone - have to believe that wasn't at least in part on S&C.
Mostly depth issues but also had to do with chimp wanting to run a hundred percent practices all the time. iron sharpens iron and bone breaks bone.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So has he arrived in Gainesville yet?

Our guys are only 2-3 years behind every other SEC school so it seems to me that every day that passes is a lost opportunity to be introduced to an actual strength program versus PB&J therapy.
I don't think so. Mullen specifically said in his intro presser that he told the team to enjoy their holiday because when they get back in January they're in for a shock.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching Experience
2016-present: Mississippi State (Head Strength Coach)
2014-15: Mississippi State (Assistant Strength Coach)
2014: Toledo (Graduate Assistant Strength Coach)
2013-14: Ohio State (Strength Intern)
2013: Bowling Green (Strength Intern)

Pretty sure he worked under Marotti.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is starting to give off a bit of a ghey vibe. Just sayin'.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Don't know if he's gonna be any good but anything has to be better than what we've had for the last 9 years. Even Chump's teams were suspiciousy injury prone - have to believe that wasn't at least in part on S&C.

I thought so, too. I don’t think they got out-toughed by & large, 2012 they bone-crushed their way to 11-2 despite the offensive woes. But the injuries seemed so prevalent.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a huge difference between average, and absolute savage.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I should think our S&C scientist should come from UF's great medical research school. That program should involve someone with a commanding knowledge of muscle-fiber physiology, kinesiology, etc. Ever seenthose hook-ups they give Olympic athletes? to get at the science of the physical body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb