Saban and Alabama ignored failed drug tests

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys dont think Spikes, Hernandez and Company were on roids? Cool story.

My HS football team was almost all on roids in the 80s. Some put on 40-50 pounds, but the biggest guys were around 240. That used to be the size of an grown man NFL lineman who worked out for a living.

Where do you guys think the 280-315 pound athletic lineman come from? Where do you think these HS kids that size come from? Its isnt all from whey and soy protein powder, I assure you.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure like everything else, we'd go real cheap on the PEDs and they'd have no effect on our players. This coaching staff couldn't even cheat right.

No we just make them buy their own at GNC... then they get caught.

Bama probably provides them in the water and also gives the kids stuff to cover it up during tests. Who cares if it hurts the kid. We just want to win! These 18 year old kids aren't important at all... we should only care about winning at title and not doing what is best for the kids. The reputation of the University of Florida is meaningless... who cares if we cheat and the reputation goes to crap... at least I can buy another championship t-shirt!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ok Captain American, we'll never be elite again in today's college football. You have to get your hands a little dirty or your just going to be average. I'd like to do everything right and win at the highest level, but it's just too naive to think it can happen that way anymore.

Then shut the program down. I love college football but not so much that right and wrong don't matter.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So PEDs = "a little dirty"? I would rather us never win a title again vs. give 18 year olds PEDs that could screw them up for life.
And by screw them up you mean put them in the best physical shape of their life, bang a bunch of coeds and then go make millions in the NFL? Poor youth!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
No we just make them buy their own at GNC... then they get caught.

Bama probably provides them in the water and also gives the kids stuff to cover it up during tests. Who cares if it hurts the kid. We just want to win! These 18 year old kids aren't important at all... we should only care about winning at title and not doing what is best for the kids. The reputation of the University of Florida is meaningless... who cares if we cheat and the reputation goes to crap... at least I can buy another championship t-shirt!

Some of these cats aren't going to get it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And by screw them up you mean put them in the best physical shape of their life, bang a bunch of coeds and then go make millions in the NFL? Poor youth!

Yeah... because we know all the long term affects of this stuff... Roids were so good for you... nobody ever had issues...

But it is clear where your priorities are... banging girls and making money... if that is what you think life is about you have a lot to learn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Other than bragging rights, I'm not sure what people like Mari get out of our team winning titles. For me, my degrees from UF mean far more to me and potential employers than 96, 06, or 08
You should check out MyDegreefromUFandEnsuingCareerChatter.com. I started it at the same time as this one, but it hasn't garnered as much interest. Turns out most people want to talk about Gator sports and not their career as a tax accountant.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im landing that domain right now.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... because we know all the long term affects of this stuff... Roids were so good for you... nobody ever had issues...

But it is clear where your priorities are... banging girls and making money... if that is what you think life is about you have a lot to learn.
18-28.....yep, thats about all you care about. Its only after you get married, have kids, get old and your parts stop working unmedicated do you hop up on the soap box and preach life lessons.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My cousin walked on at FSU in the 80's. He said the team Dr's had roids by the bucket full. Anything he needed they'd gave him.

Law is correct, many of these kids start this in HS. If anything having it administered and managed by a team Dr. in college is better than going off on your own and taking it. But they're all doing it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My cousin walked on at FSU in the 80's. He said the team Dr's had roids by the bucket full. Anything he needed they'd gave him.

Law is correct, many of these kids start this in HS. If anything having it administered and managed by a team Dr. in college is better than going off on your own and taking it. But they're all doing it.
I think the hgh type stuff they are taking today are much less dangeroua than roids of the 80s.

Military spec ops guys get those, too, and amphetamines for missions directly from the MDs and PAs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saban promotes PEDs 'cause he's mad that he wasn't allowed Human-Growth-Hormone when he was a kid.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Definite advantage in recruiting when you can promise drug test results will be ignored. It would not surprise me if the Bama staff supplies whatever the player wants.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need more thugs, druggies, and shady players on the team to win NCs just like in the Meyer Era.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure like everything else, we'd go real cheap on the PEDs and they'd have no effect on our players. This coaching staff couldn't even cheat right.

I hope you're at least aware that you're making up fictional situations, assigning Mac an "F" and reinforcing your own perceptions and assumptions. ...over and over and over. You're not alone, but you're one of the worst about it.

It's like this guy who has to emotionally bolster himself by convincing himself he's right. :rolleyes3:

stuart-smalley.jpg

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok Captain American, we'll never be elite again in today's college football. You have to get your hands a little dirty or your just going to be average. I'd like to do everything right and win at the highest level, but it's just too naive to think it can happen that way anymore.

This is what I have been saying for a year or so now.
The days of taking the high road and winning are over. In the past there was at least some hope that cheaters would be punished and that doing the right thing would be considered righteous and admirable.
Today nobody gets punished and only fools continue to play the game by the rules that are no longer enforced. The only evidence that you need is to look at the programs that are successful especially the teams making the playoffs:
Bama
FSU
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Clemson
Oregon

If you listed these schools and asked me what they have in common, my response would be that they are charter members of the "Cheaters Hall of Fame." The only other thing they have in common is they are all doing better recruiting in Florida than we are.
So we can keep doing the right thing and keep losing. I think we are all getting used to the idea already so it won't be that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.