Saban and Alabama ignored failed drug tests

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You should check out MyDegreefromUFandEnsuingCareerChatter.com. I started it at the same time as this one, but it hasn't garnered as much interest. Turns out most people want to talk about Gator sports and not their career as a tax accountant.
har har. yeah, I get that but some of you act like the football team winning or losing is IMPORTANT. some folks want players and coaches to cheat in order to win. I'm just wondering why the football team doing well is so essential to emotional well-being of some of the people here.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The NCAA is too busy counting cash to police CFB. And even when they do get on the trail, it is worse than our judicial system: months and months of discovery followed by months and months of analysis followed by months and months of months and months. By time it is all over, the players and parties involved are long gone.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You should check out MyDegreefromUFandEnsuingCareerChatter.com. I started it at the same time as this one, but it hasn't garnered as much interest. Turns out most people want to talk about Gator sports and not their career as a tax accountant.

I guarantee that the majority of Gator grads value their degree and the paycheck that comes with it more than the football program. Yes college football is fun, it's even ok to be passionate about it, but it doesn't pay the bills. Seriously, so much BS in one post.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are so silly. UF is an ok but not great degree. Please don't act like we're Ivey/Ivie (lol) League. Yeah, I know, your degree pays the bills, so does mine, but the VALUE of the degree isnt in any way related to the football program. It won't go up bc the football team is winning nor would it go down if a player at UF (or many) were caught taking peds or otherwise got in trouble. If it did, you would have been fired when Hernandez was arrested.

The two are completely independent. We can still try to compete in football without it affecting your job, trust me on this one.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Other than bragging rights, I'm not sure what people like Mari get out of our team winning titles. For me, my degrees from UF mean far more to me and potential employers than 96, 06, or 08
My whole family went to UF and all graduated...but we still want to be successful on the field also. That fact you can't relate to someone wanting the program to be successful means you probably never played football a day in your life!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
My whole family went to UF and all graduated...but we still want to be successful on the field also. That fact you can't relate to someone wanting the program to be successful means you probably never played football a day in your life!

It's not that people don't the program to be successful, It's just that right and wrong matter. We should be making every effort to out cheaters not copying them.

And for the record, I never played organized football.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's not that people don't the program to be successful, It's just that right and wrong matter. We should be making every effort to out cheaters not copying them.

And for the record, I never played organized football.
I agree...but football coaches are like drug dealers (when it comes to selling each other out) On the street you get killed along with your family...in football your career gets killed and then your family suffers because of it. CFB is dirty as hell...everyone is cheating (including our beloved team) and everyone knows it!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree...but football coaches are like drug dealers (when it comes to selling each other out) On the street you get killed along with your family...in football your career gets killed and then your family suffers because of it. CFB is dirty as hell...everyone is cheating (including our beloved team) and everyone knows it!

I have no doubt that we are doing some cheating and dropping bags (although not as big as others) to get some players. I think all big schools do this and I have no issue with that as it doesn't put the kid at risk.

I do have issues with PEDs and giving the kids substances that may impact their quality of life 20 years from now. I have a moral problem with that and I don't care if everybody else does it... I don't want to.

Oh... and to the comment earlier about the NCAA spending all their time counting CFB money and not policing... tell that to Will Grier. It was just last year that our QB who could have been a star got suspended for a full f'n year for taking an over the counter supplement from GNC! Don't tell me they are policing it at UF.

Maybe Bama just has a way of masking whatever they give their kids...but again... I don't want to do it and risk the kids health. I'd rather go 0-13.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
You guys are so silly. UF is an ok but not great degree. Please don't act like we're Ivey/Ivie (lol) League. Yeah, I know, your degree pays the bills, so does mine, but the VALUE of the degree isnt in any way related to the football program. It won't go up bc the football team is winning nor would it go down if a player at UF (or many) were caught taking peds or otherwise got in trouble. If it did, you would have been fired when Hernandez was arrested.

The two are completely independent. We can still try to compete in football without it affecting your job, trust me on this one.
Yeah, unless you count programs like Accounting, LLM in Tax, Building Construction, Medicine, Brain Research, Biomedical Research, Electronic Engineering (look up the UF grads who started NVidia, the graphics chips in 80% of your computers), etc. That's not to mention IFAS and the impact it's had on Florida's history and economy. UF also does $900M of research every year (God bless Dr. Cade).

That's just the stuff I know off the top of my head, and so I'm surely leaving out most of the world class programs at UF. We also used to have a crazy # of National Merit Scholars, but I admit I'm remembering that from 20-25 years ago.

I'm not saying all programs are at the same level, but UF degrees can be world class not just "OK".

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I have no doubt that we are doing some cheating and dropping bags (although not as big as others) to get some players. I think all big schools do this and I have no issue with that as it doesn't put the kid at risk.

I do have issues with PEDs and giving the kids substances that may impact their quality of life 20 years from now. I have a moral problem with that and I don't care if everybody else does it... I don't want to.

Oh... and to the comment earlier about the NCAA spending all their time counting CFB money and not policing... tell that to Will Grier. It was just last year that our QB who could have been a star got suspended for a full f'n year for taking an over the counter supplement from GNC! Don't tell me they are policing it at UF.

Maybe Bama just has a way of masking whatever they give their kids...but again... I don't want to do it and risk the kids health. I'd rather go 0-13.
Yeah I didn't make the comment about Grier but I get the point. It's kinda funny how Bama has dudes walking up and down the sideline with veins popping out of every extremity like the Hulk and they don't get tested. Yet...our 215 pound QB gains 30 pounds in 2 yrs and the NCAA runs to test him after he shreaded Ole Miss. Seems Kinda convenient for our rivals if you ask me!

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

When you put it that way, it really makes me think how truly awful it'd be to go 0-13 (eclipsing even 0-10-1). Not that it's a real possibility anymore, but none of us could take that. Would we rather mothball the program than go 0-13?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying all programs are at the same level, but UF degrees can be world class not just "OK".
Drive to DC, Chicago, or NY and tell them your a Gator. See if they even know the difference between Gator and Nole. They won't.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Drive to DC, Chicago, or NY and tell them your a Gator. See if they even know the difference between Gator and Nole. They won't.

The good companies do. There are a lot of Gators in Chicago and DC and NY and here in Austin. You would be surprised. UF actually has a very good reputation, especially in engineering.

#13 on the list of top public schools by Forbes. If you think a degree from UF isn't considered valuable... you are wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larafishbane/2016/07/07/top-25-public-schools-2016/#16dc7e045bed

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys dont think Spikes, Hernandez and Company were on roids? Cool story.

My HS football team was almost all on roids in the 80s. Some put on 40-50 pounds, but the biggest guys were around 240. That used to be the size of an grown man NFL lineman who worked out for a living.

Where do you guys think the 280-315 pound athletic lineman come from? Where do you think these HS kids that size come from? Its isnt all from whey and soy protein powder, I assure you.
Antibiotics. Like the chickens...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The good companies do. There are a lot of Gators in Chicago and DC and NY and here in Austin. You would be surprised. UF actually has a very good reputation, especially in engineering.

#13 on the list of top public schools by Forbes. If you think a degree from UF isn't considered valuable... you are wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larafishbane/2016/07/07/top-25-public-schools-2016/#16dc7e045bed
I don't know too many big companies that discriminate between public and private schools, though some certainly greatly prefer private, no small vs large public if they do. Many smaller schools are higher rated (ie New College in Florida).

You seem convinced UF is a hotshot engineering school. I've never heard that but it isn't my area. Across the board, UF is a good but not great school, and a regional school. Many still know us best for being one of Playboy's top party schools for decades. Or don't know the difference between clowns and Gators.

Back to the point, regardless, football doesn't affect that one way or the other.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know too many big companies that discriminate between public and private schools, though some certainly greatly prefer private, no small vs large public if they do. Many smaller schools are higher rated (ie New College in Florida).

You seem convinced UF is a hotshot engineering school. I've never heard that but it isn't my area. Across the board, UF is a good but not great school, and a regional school. Many still know us best for being one of Playboy's top party schools for decades. Or don't know the difference between clowns and Gators.

Back to the point, regardless, football doesn't affect that one way or the other.

Amazing that I know so many engineers from UF that work at Intel, AMD, IBM, ARM, Microsoft, etc... How do these people keep getting such great jobs with such an average degree...

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Engineering isn't my area either but I've definitely heard about how good our engineering programs are. It may not fit your narrative but doesn't mean it's not true.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

You guys are so silly. UF is an ok, but not great football program. Please don't act like we're the blue bloods of the college football world. If we were, 1984 would have turned out a lot differently

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.