Saban and Meyer are the Top 2 CFB coaches. Who is #3?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chomper;n152731 said:
What has SOS done since leaving UF?.
He made the Kintucky Gamecocks into an SEC East contender. That's a damn big accomplishment.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n152688 said:
Briles has done more,with less, over time than anyone I can remember. His players and administration love him, but he will never leave Baylor because he understands loyalty and tradition.
This! What Briles has done at Baylor is even more amazing than what SOS did at Duke. This is a team that before Briles hadn't been to a bowl game since they were in the SWC and hadn't been ranked since Emmitt Smith was in High School. Now in 4 years they've got 2 Big 12 Rings, 2 New Years Day bowls, a Heisman winner, and 3 seasons ranked 13 or better. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd put Briles at #3. The rest of the country should be quite happy that Briles has decided to stick it out in Wacko. I spent a few weeks there for work and have no idea why he'd want to stay. Dude must be batcheese crazy, but he can coach up a bunch of scrubs.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n153025 said:
He made the Kintucky Gamecocks into an SEC East contender. That's a damn big accomplishment.
I love SOS, but Florida and Toothless being in the tank for the better part of his time there has a LOT to do with him competing in the East. SOS is still good, but he's never again been the coach he was in the 90s.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n153098 said:
The rest of the country should be quite happy that Briles has decided to stick it out in Wacko. I spent a few weeks there for work and have no idea why he'd want to stay. Dude must be batcheese crazy, but he can coach up a bunch of scrubs.

word on the street is he's a pretty big player in the dope game and the cartel won't let him leave Texas. Apparently he's their pipeline

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n153098 said:
This! What Briles has done at Baylor is even more amazing than what SOS did at Duke. This is a team that before Briles hadn't been to a bowl game since they were in the SWC and hadn't been ranked since Emmitt Smith was in High School. Now in 4 years they've got 2 Big 12 Rings, 2 New Years Day bowls, a Heisman winner, and 3 seasons ranked 13 or better. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd put Briles at #3. The rest of the country should be quite happy that Briles has decided to stick it out in Wacko. I spent a few weeks there for work and have no idea why he'd want to stay. Dude must be batcheese crazy, but he can coach up a bunch of scrubs.

Went to sleep in the Waco Holliday Inn. Woke up with red clay powder deposited everywhere just like snow.
Overnight windstorm. Wonder if you can ski that powder ? Drab place.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n153098 said:

Disagree. There's so much talent in that state that anyone who can recruit halfway decent will do well. Duke is a whole other ballgame.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
who cares ? Who ever aspires to be #3 at anything ? You could list every top 25 coach at the #3 spot. Just curious who do you think the #7 best coach is ?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My number #3 would be Bill Snyder...has made Kansas State relevant twice. Talk about a tough place to recruit...

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Chomper;n152731 said:
What has SOS done since leaving UF? True, his name alone was enough to elevate the USC program, but no major championships to show for his many years there despite being his teams being favored several times.

He won the SEC East and has made USC east relevant. That is a amazing job. A NC coach (Holtz) could not get them good. Others have tried. he has done a great job there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n154573 said:
My number #3 would be Bill Snyder...has made Kansas State relevant twice. Talk about a tough place to recruit...

He goes after more JUCOs than any program out there. They take the players that can't get into anywhere else.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n154596 said:
He goes after more JUCOs than any program out there. They take the players that can't get into anywhere else.

well, looks like we need to do that this year. Waive the GPA this year. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.