Saban can be a real jerk to reporters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://smokeroom.com/2018/09/02/nick-saban-maria-taylor-alabama-louisville-quarterback-question/

Alabama football coach Nick Saban should be ashamed of his behavior following the Crimson Tide’s win over Louisville.

Saban was asked by ESPN’s Maria Taylor about the quarterback situation between Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts, which is a reasonable question given the fact that both played. Instead of handling it like a gentlemen, the legendary Crimson Tide coach snapped at Taylor and told her to stop asking. You can watch the outrageous video below.

The question was fair, it was timely, it was important and it was well within the bounds of what to ask after a football game. If Saban can’t handle a question like that, then he needs to find a different line of work.

If I was the athletic director of a college and my coach treated a reporter that way, I’d have them march out for a public apology. If the AD of Alabama has any guts at all, he’ll have Saban do exactly that.

-------------------

He can keep doing stuff like that because of his great recruiting and record as a coach but he goes too far with some of his mess. Imagine if it was a guy asking the question - he would have been threatening to cut access probably.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
As a Dolphins fan who got burned by Satan, far be it from me to defend him, but I did not think his response was out of line. I thought the question was out of line, and unnecessary. The media are instigators and provocateurs who love trying to inject themselves into the story. Don't feel sorry for this ESPN reporter, she got exactly the kind of reply she was hoping to get, so that she could get herself featured and talked about. Frankly I'm surprised they haven't tried to make something racial out of it.

Saban is a dick. Period.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is Saban. Exactly the response you'd expect. But the media does ask for it too.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Saban was our coach not a single person here would think he is a dick.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As a Dolphins fan who got burned by Satan, far be it from me to defend him, but I did not think his response was out of line. I thought the question was out of line, and unnecessary. The media are instigators and provocateurs who love trying to inject themselves into the story. Don't feel sorry for this ESPN reporter, she got exactly the kind of reply she was hoping to get, so that she could get herself featured and talked about. Frankly I'm surprised they haven't tried to make something racial out of it.

Disagree on that one. That question was quite appropriate and one the public wanted asked. With her being a female reporter I think a run of the mill coach would be asked by the school to apologize for how he acted there.

This same jerk literally threatens the local media with losing their access when they give him questions he doesn't like.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. He’s just all business and can’t stand any BS. I like his style.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I heard his reply I figured she triggered him with some sort of "which one was the worst" type of "?" but then when
she only said what answers did you get from tonite I realized he was looking for a conflict..........I think it was a fair question but probably about the gazillionth time he has been asked about Hurts and the Hawiian ..........fck him.........He needs to get those hemorrhoids fixed so his disposition will improve.........

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
He is an *******. Question wasn't out of bounds. What did you see from your two QBs tonight?

If she pressed further, he would be right to get a little snappish, but this was him being an *******.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1) G.Gordon is spot on. Reporters know irritating spots & target them. Media has evolved into tragedizing everything
2) Sabin is likely "raw" about having to reject Hurts, whom I'm sure he likes very much. He's likely in turmoil inside?
3) How many times have interviewers tried to herd Saban into that castration chute? So he's fed up with it.
4) Sporting news should aim to reveal the new, not hack at unhealing sore spots.

News-hacks know what they're doing, what they're hacking at. News hacks heretofore have always ruled the roost rudely. Refreshingly, there's a movement now of permissible pushback against media pricklers. The egg should be on her face ... and any other pointed dagger-diggers. It's verbal volleyball, so let the interviewee have his return shot.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’m sure in the next day or so, he’ll issue a statement saying he was sorry for his response. Like someone else said, surprised the media ain’t labeling him as a racist and sexist cause the reporter was a black female.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
1) G.Gordon is spot on. Reporters know irritating spots & target them. Media has evolved into tragedizing everything
2) Sabin is likely "raw" about having to reject Hurts, whom I'm sure he likes very much. He's likely in turmoil inside?
3) How many times have interviewers tried to herd Saban into that castration chute? So he's fed up with it.
4) Sporting news should aim to reveal the new, not hack at unhealing sore spots.

News-hacks know what they're doing, what they're hacking at. News hacks heretofore have always ruled the roost rudely. Refreshingly, there's a movement now of permissible pushback against media pricklers. The egg should be on her face ... and any other pointed dagger-diggers. It's verbal volleyball, so let the interviewee have his return shot.

Aww. Poor Saban. He needs a raise.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Evidence that Sabin's comment was okay was how well that reporter took it; she did not miss a beat.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's quite clear from the way he answered the question and kept looking into the camera that he wasn't so much talking to her personally, he was addressing the media in general. "Why do you keep askin'," about a controversy that is obviously no longer a controversy.

One QB is clearly better, and he is now the starter, and that's it. Why keep harping on it? Why ask Satan to spell out the fact that one guy is better than the other when even Ray Charles, who's both blind and dead, can easily see that at this point?

Ray Charles is dead? wtf.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator