Saban dismisses UCF's self-proclaimed national title

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In Elementary school, my nephew never lost a fight. Does this mean that the WBF should recognize him as a world champion?
The thing that always goes over everybody's heads when they make this kind of ridiculous analogy is that your nephew isn't competing in the WBF. UCF is part of the FBS. It should never be set up where a team can win every game and not even have a chance to play for the title. Any team that has not chance at the title, no matter what they do on the field, needs to be put in a different league.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The thing that always goes over everybody's heads when they make this kind of ridiculous analogy is that your nephew isn't competing in the WBF. UCF is part of the FBS. It should never be set up where a team can win every game and not even have a chance to play for the title. Any team that has not chance at the title, no matter what they do on the field, needs to be put in a different league.

I agree with this.

That said, you really know nothing about his nephew. Seems speculative.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. It's like the NFL. People get so emotional about things. Just recognize the Super Bowl Champs and move on, ya know.

Just cause the Eagles are the current Super Bowl Champs, doesn't take away they are the Eagles therefore Fck the Eagles.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
:)

So who he won against is completely insignificant, it's just whether or not he's part of the establishment.

Got it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I bet UCF could have had a few more quality wins and still been locked out of the playoffs.

NotQyteNeo

May 15, 2018
Why is Villanova an unsurprising Basketball National Champion this year? Because back when they were an up-and-coming mid-major, they got their shot to earn it on the field(court). This is the case in every other NCAA sport and FB division.

Only FBS is still happy to settle it with a shady committee. Until that gets corrected, I say all the UCFs, Boise State's, TCU's, Utah's etc who are never given their shot should all be considered National Champs.

latest

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I love it. F Saban and Bama. They claim a bunch of bogus titles. Good for Frost for calling them out. Hell, Frost is at NU now. He's gonna be a good one...you can tell.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

There's some news, a guy with a questionable claim on being the best team last year publicly doubts the somewhat less questionable claim of another program.

My advice for Saban is coach up your team better win the SEC West and the SEC and quit relying on politics for your shaky claim for being the best team in a given year.

I know shaky national title claims are a UAL tradition. So maybe Saban is just following the tradition of his employer.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
Would like to see Frost go up against Saban in about 3 years. Also, would like to see Miami get a shot @ GA. in about 2 years. Also, will be pulling for UF to beat GA this year and for anyone to beat Bama.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone think a non P5 school will ever make the playoff?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure it’ll happen sooner or later.

How? Sometimes two p5 champs are left out. You'd need 3 conference champs with 3 losses basically. I doubt that happens anytime soon.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How? Sometimes two p5 champs are left out. You'd need 3 conference champs with 3 losses basically. I doubt that happens anytime soon.
Whining will win over the committee at some point.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Does anyone think a non P5 school will ever make the playoff?

Since the 1964 NCAA basketball tourney had 25 teams and now there are 68 teams, I fully expect the football playoff to grow and eventually there will be at least on non P5 team in every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator