Saban on Butters 'n Nuss

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A reporter asked Saban if Kiffin was given the freedom to open things up more, and Saban responded with a three-minute answer saying it’s the way it has always been. Here’s his full answer.

“I’ve been begging the offensive coordinators around here to open it up ever since I’ve been here,” Saban said. “Jimbo Fisher was the best offensive coordinator I ever had that did what I wanted to do, and everybody wants to run the ball. Now, we always had a very good team to run the ball, and we had a very good defense, and it was really smart to play the way we played. Now, we have more skill players that are good perimeter players, and I think we are doing what we need to do on offense to take advantage of that. Lane does a really, really good job of taking advantage of what players can do.

My philosophy hasn’t changed at all. I’ve always asked for this. Why don’t we throw the ball on this look, instead of running this play where we can’t block everybody, which is what we do now?

https://247sports.com/Article/Saban-Ive-been-begging-to-open-it-up-since-Ive-been-here-31432085

We aren't the only ones who got tired of Butters N Nuss conservative crap.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really trying to find a little light for a fan in here, it's not happening in this thread :lol:

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Let that sink in... Saban would rather sing the praises of a disowned pariah who was railing his daughter, than compliment Butters and Nuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was right around the time he hired KIffy. He may not have known that Kiffy was plowing his daughter and his wife.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry...but I've been told that Mac and Nuss were the best thing that ever happened to Saban. I mean look what he's done without them. He's noth...errrr...f ing Foley.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NUSS= Never Understand Stupid Shyt.

bayou gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
That was right around the time he hired KIffy. He may not have known that Kiffy was plowing his daughter and his wife.

Gotcha. I didn't read the article. I was just going off the excerpts that you posted. Didn't realize it was that old. Hell, I wouldn't have been surprised to learn Saban gave that interview on the phone, in his living room, as Lane walked butt naked past him into his master bedroom. He's just being honest. Either way, he knows that Mac and Nuss both suck. At this point, who doesn't?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Let that sink in... Saban would rather sing the praises of a disowned pariah who was railing his daughter, than compliment Butters and Nuss.

That was from 3 years ago but forget that and get to the good stuff...what’s the scoop on Kiffin nailing Saban’s daughter?! Give us all the details as I’ve heard zilch about it.

bayou gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
That was from 3 years ago but forget that and get to the good stuff...what’s the scoop on Kiffin nailing Saban’s daughter?! Give us all the details as I’ve heard zilch about it.

You've never heard about that? Check it out. Google is your friend. It damn near broke the internet. Put it this way... the news of Saban's daughter broke, a few months later Layla filed for divorce, and then Kitten and Saban had an openly hostile on-the-field relationship that led to Lane getting fired before the title game. It was kind of openly known over in Tuscaloosa for a while. They had been seen out together too many times for it to be a secret. As long as they were winning, I don't think Saban gave a damn. Hell, he'd probably sacrifice her like Abraham planned to do to Isaac, if he knew it would give him a title. Maybe that's what happened... hmmmm...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You've never heard about that? Check it out. Google is your friend. It damn near broke the internet. Put it this way... the news of Saban's daughter broke, a few months later Layla filed for divorce, and then Kitten and Saban had an openly hostile on-the-field relationship that led to Lane getting fired before the title game. It was kind of openly known over in Tuscaloosa for a while. They had been seen out together too many times for it to be a secret. As long as they were winning, I don't think Saban gave a damn. Hell, he'd probably sacrifice her like Abraham planned to do to Isaac, if he knew it would give him a title. Maybe that's what happened... hmmmm...

I actually Googled it after I replied to your post and read up on it. I also saw a picture of Saban’s daughter and I’ll say this...she’s no looker that’s for sure. If Lane hit it, my guess is it was just to get back at Nicky for all those sideline azz chewings.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Kiffin can run an offense but he would probably have us on probation for 4 or 5 yrs after he left. However i would take him over the bums we have now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.