Sanchez over Newton

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Oh, how the tables have turned. Cam looked like he only plays well when being ahead and Sanchez looked like the Heisman winner. Butt fumble redemption?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know I've never cared for Newton, but he's obviously hurt. The dude can't even move in the pocket, much less run. One thing is for certain - if Newton loses his ability to run, he SUCKS.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Thought it was interesting Rivera said he was fine, no new injuries. I thought he could barely get out of the huddle at times. He's obviously hurting some, but he's also been one of the bigger drama queens so it's hard to discern the extent of injuries over the woe is me attitude. Losing Steve Smith hurt in in more ways than receiving.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Panthers made "Butt Fumble" look All Pro, he will crash and burn again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Newton had offseason ankle surgery, and it's obvious he's nowhere close to 100%. Then he broke his rib in the preseason, and I think it's still affecting his ability to throw.

This was always the biggest problem with Newton and why he's a huge risk to the Panthers if they are thinking of giving him a 9-figure contract extension. The guy will never be a good pocket passer - never. His quarterbacking has always relied on keeping defenses off balance with his running abilities. Take that away and you get the awful QB we saw last night. Sacked nine times. Nine. There's no way a healthy Newton could ever be sacked 9 times.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm 34. Outside of a few decent seasons, the Jets have never been anything in my lifetime. As much as the butt fumble will always be attached to Sanchez, the reality is it's more indicative of the Jets as a whole.

He still makes some dangerous throws(like the pump fake where he basically drew the defender to a spot, and then threw it to him, very Brantley-esque) but will be wildly better under a real HC and a great offensive system. I spent much of his college career wanting him to lose because of possible UF implications, but I think he's a decent QB. Was good to see him have a solid game.

And yeah, without mobility, Cam is fairly average. He still makes some impressive plays though, and is as good or better than plenty of other NFL QBs.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
soflagator;n102492 said:
I'm 34. Outside of a few decent seasons, the Jets have never been anything in my lifetime. As much as the butt fumble will always be attached to Sanchez, the reality is it's more indicative of the Jets as a whole.

He still makes some dangerous throws(like the pump fake where he basically drew the defender to a spot, and then threw it to him, very Brantley-esque) but will be wildly better under a real HC and a great offensive system. I spent much of his college career wanting him to lose because of possible UF implications, but I think he's a decent QB. Was good to see him have a solid game.

And yeah, without mobility, Cam is fairly average. He still makes some impressive plays though, and is as good or better than plenty of other NFL QBs.
:exactly:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102518 said:

Your boy, the ex Florida quarterback, Cam Newton, is without doubt the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL
or
he is Vince Young 2.0

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Newton's line gave up 9 sacks, and his line played horrible. He is obviously not 100%. He isn't a great NFL qb, especially as mentioned above you take away his ability to use his legs. But no quarterback will be successful with that kind of line play infront of him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Darthgator;n103139 said:
If Sanchez does well in the eagles offense, what does that say about Rex Ryan?

Not really sure anything groundbreaking needs to be said about him at this point. Pretty obvious that he's a subpar coach with a weird foot fetish.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n103324 said:
Not really sure anything groundbreaking needs to be said about him at this point. Pretty obvious that he's a subpar coach with a weird foot fetish.

A foot fetish is perfectly normal you jerk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n103328 said:

But it isn't normal when it is your brother's foot you have fetish about T.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n103328 said:

Notice I prefaced it with "weird". Maybe it's the fat, middle-aged, unattractive wife part of it that doesn't sit well with me.

But, no, I once took a class just to to sit next to a girl with nice feet.

Enjoy 'em, my friend.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n103333 said:
But it isn't normal when it is your brother's foot you have fetish about T.

Whoa you got a thang for your brother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb