Sandusky

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Not to justify or enable Sandusky Jr (I would be the first in line to clip off his marbles), but he was probably abused by Senior. Abuse victims tend to repeat the abuse in which they suffered.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not to justify or enable Sandusky Jr (I would be the first in line to clip off his marbles), but he was probably abused by Senior. Abuse victims tend to repeat the abuse in which they suffered.
As I remember it, one of his sons testified against him as a victim, and that son may have been adopted.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alumni Guy has already said this, but it bears repeating- Children who are abused often grow up acting out the abuse done to them on others. Killing them or the gene pool is not the answer.. Intervention whle the child abuse is ongoing would be helpful. but good luck with that. Human life is not equally valued.

As a society we tend to ignore family abuse, especially in the past, and even today, the financial resources to hire adequate personnel who also need to be adequately trained in patterns and assessment btw, is not there. That includes the mentality and laws of the judicial system. People tend to think there are agencies to deal with this, all is well, and in fact it is not. Ask me how many people in education, judicial system, foster care system, and social work counseling are walking wounded just from caring about and fighting for these kids and not being able to overcome a system that is unresponsive to child victim's needs.

The sexual abuse of the male children is what drove a lot of women to leave physically abusive men, and while you might think, what monsters the guys were, as their childhoodss were unfolded to me by the abused partner, it was clear these men for the most part had once been the same little fearful and often angry little chilldren (infants--11 year olds) that had come in to our center with their moms.

Obviously, not all victims of abuse grow up and find themselves acting out abuse, but it is not uncommon at all. nor is perpetration of abuse in general necessarily something that cannot be changed as the perpetrator heals from his or her abuse which allows further change. Therapeutic approaches that are effective vs those that aren't is often part of the problem as well.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

The first thing I thought of...and no that doe snot justify anything. It means that abused kids are predisposed to abuse themselves. Terrible.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Alumni Guy has already said this, but it bears repeating- Children who are abused often grow up acting out the abuse done to them on others. Killing them or the gene pool is not the answer.. Intervention whle the child abuse is ongoing would be helpful. but good luck with that. Human life is not equally valued.

As a society we tend to ignore family abuse, especially in the past, and even today, the financial resources to hire adequate personnel who also need to be adequately trained in patterns and assessment btw, is not there. That includes the mentality and laws of the judicial system. People tend to think there are agencies to deal with this, all is well, and in fact it is not. Ask me how many people in education, judicial system, foster care system, and social work counseling are walking wounded just from caring about and fighting for these kids and not being able to overcome a system that is unresponsive to child victim's needs.

The sexual abuse of the male children is what drove a lot of women to leave physically abusive men, and while you might think, what monsters the guys were, as their childhoodss were unfolded to me by the abused partner, it was clear these men for the most part had once been the same little fearful and often angry little chilldren (infants--11 year olds) that had come in to our center with their moms.

Obviously, not all victims of abuse grow up and find themselves acting out abuse, but it is not uncommon at all. nor is perpetration of abuse in general necessarily something that cannot be changed as the perpetrator heals from his or her abuse which allows further change. Therapeutic approaches that are effective vs those that aren't is often part of the problem as well.
Excellent post.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish he could have gotten help when he needed it as a child, but he was forced to stay in an abusive environment because nobody at Penn St. opened their mouths. So now the cycle of sexual violence continues. And who knows? Maybe the kids abused by the Sandusky's will grow up and do the same to kids? Just goes to show how important it is to speak up and make sure justice is served long before it becomes a problem.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea how any adult can look at a child and view them as a sexual object. The parents of the abused should be the ones to dole out the punishment. Sick m'fers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't want to read all this true story, at least read the last paragraph that's in red.

Back in 1955 our neighborhood had 10 kids (5-girls, 5-boys) all near the same age (6 to 10). We would daily all gather in in Sacagawea's (pseudonym) backyard (with her 2 brothers & sister) and for hours these normal, innocent christian-raised boys and girls played kickball, whiffle-ball, and football - days full of exercise, even exercising laughter together. All those boys & girls most age 11-12 were "bubbly", quick-witty, glib. At my age 12 my family moved about 25 minutes away.

Three years later, me (15) selling school bumper stickers in front of the football stands, Sacagawea's (13 y.o) face appeared saying "I'll sell one for you." She immediately turned & sold to this admiring guy behind her, who I later learned followed her everywhere. I don't think she thought I recognized her face. She was beautiful. I more frequently met those other 4 neighbor girls because they were conspicuously out front as pretty cheerleaders & one majorette. So at age 13 Sacagawea had a personality change into a severe introvert, at 13 a sinking soul that nobody caught. I started dating her then.

Back in 1960 there was no publicity that sexual abuse of young girls by their fathers even existed. So education-wise at 14 such abuse was never admitted to my brain. Trained in the Baptist church, such sinfulness was nothing. Reading and being educated lots more in abnormal psychology, I pieced together this belief about the first girl I dated and first girl I ever kissed. Secagawaya was pretty but way too shy (now I know the term pathological shyness). I felt that rewarding teen tingling of those kisses, but something was absent in her response = she went comatose, like a trance of unconsciousness. {This abnormality was obvious enough that I tested it. Alone in my family kitchen. I handed Sacagawea triangle-cut tuna sandwich Mom made for us. We were standing. She held it between both her hands.
She was so pretty, I kissed her. I notice that sandwich rotate, on its way to being dropped. Quickly I took the receiver of the kitchen wall-phone and placed that dial-tone near her ear. Without coming out of her trance, eyes closed, she twisted her head away from that sound like it was unknown and dangerous.

Totally confused about the total absence of normal teenage endearment = if we held hands, it was always me that reached to her hand. When we hugged, I hugged and her body was merely like a dress hanging in a closet. No sweetness shared there?

One Christmas Eve, her family, all in the living room near the Christmas tree, her Dad came in and, in his tradition, he stuffed several $20 bills within the boughs of the Christmas tree for the kids to jump and push to get the most Jesus money. At that moment my 14 Y.O. girlfriend uttered in a voice like from horror movies that were yet to be produced in max creepiness : "I hate him." she uttered. So how did ignorant me, of a blessings family , respond.? I immediately scolded her. {So wrong of me.}

One day I sat in the hospital room of this 14 Y.O always noncommunicative girl. She was still under anesthesia affects. Sitting there with her mother and sister, it dawned on me that this dulled state companionship matched her human persona. { I didn't know to be more accepting of this abnormal teen non-romance?} So a few months later, I broke up with her. Her reaction was non-existant.

Furthermore, that hospital "surgery" was some kind of treatment by a Urologist. My sister was a 1st-year nurse at St. Vincents. She dropped by, looked at her chart. Privately at home, my sister assured me the pathology was minor, a crimped or twisted urethra (my later studies listed this as a "warning sign" for treating doctors to look closer for other signs of sexual abuse).

15 years later, I heard of her death due to drug involvement. By then I'd had plenty of investigation-education in textbook Child Development , and in Abnormal Psychology. I surely believe that when she started "developing" (~ 13) that her dad would sneak into her bedroom when all were asleep and "manhandle" her body. I think this is where even any honest "romantic" physical contact extended to her caused her to retreat into "tranced unawareness" "not there". She disassociated in psych terms.

The real importance of this story is the truth that the best corrector-eliminator will always be for the "little girl" to report her abuser immediately ... but then that little girl will be taken from the family? She will have ruined the family? Such are the worries or even the abuser's implanted threats to command silence, shame. This societal evil is one of the most "cryworthy" villanies still going, still growing.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea how any adult can look at a child and view them as a sexual object. The parents of the abused should be the ones to dole out the punishment. Sick m'fers.
I can promise you i woulda shanked jerry sandusky in the courtroom had that been my kid.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I made a statement like this to my dad once about how I couldn't understand how someone could abuse or harm a child and he told me " that's good, cause if you could understand then you would be one of those sick people too". That's very true.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If pedophilia is learned behavior how come homosexuality is born behavior?
There are studies out there that say men can be genetically predisposed to being attracted to children/teenagers. But if the first sexual experience a child has is with an adult, it can normalize the behavior in their eyes and almost becomes their preferred method of sexuality. Not a stretch to think they would seek out that behavior as adults. Having said that, it doesn't make it ok that it happens. If someone feels like they have those urges, they should seek immediate psychological help to combat it. Otherwise it turns into a vicious cycle.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is most certainly genetic. Literally every gay person I've ever known (and I've known quite a few), have said they always felt that way. It's also sexual behavior between two consenting adults. Do you remember the day you decided you liked women, or was it always what you were attracted to? Now apply that same exact logic to a homosexual.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
What is suprising, and depressing, to me is how much of this has occurred and gone unnoticed and continues to be so in this day and age. I had a good friend growing up who confided in me she was molested as a child. And one of my early 20's girlfriends at one point admitted to me she was molested as a 6yr old by her 12yr old cousin, then raped as a 13yr old by her then-boyfriend. It breaks my heart for people to live with this, and makes me have quite violent thoughts of payback for those that did this to them. These women were strong and fairly recovered from those earlier experiences, but they shouldn't have happened in the first place.

My big focus now is how to ensure my kids are protected from such opportunities, and how to make them aware it exists and how to stay safe without scaring the bejeezus out of them. Then, I'd wonder how to make them strong enough to look out for their friends, to notice any signs they see without becoming over reactive to wrong indicators. Bottom line, it sucks kids need to be educated on this and it isn't easy to do - however one cannot assume they can always be there to protect the kids. Kids need to know.

I generally consider myself a good and kind man. But these types of perpetrators I cannot abide, and I have extreme thoughts on retribution against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb