Saturdays Down South giving no respect to Gators

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
SEC Week 9 predictions (and bets)

Both Micheal Bratton and Chris Marler have Georgia covering the spread and winning by 13. It is time for the Gators to take the leg humpers to the wood shed and get in trouble with the ASPCA for animal abuse.

QB Curve: Feleipe Franks is better than you remember. Is that enough for Florida to take the East?

They also have Franks ranked 8th in the SEC behind both Borrow and Stidham. Total bull in my opinion. Look a their number of touchdowns and the TD to INT ratio. Based on those stats, he should be in the top half of the league. He has also shown steady improvement as the competition has gotten tougher.

I would like to see of of these articles on the Gators bulletin board. Work em silly Gators!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you are right...... Time to earn some more Respect on the field.

:chomp:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd prefer it be this way going in. Dooley the Dwags into thinking we don't even belong on the same field. Lord knows he did it to us enough.

Franks is going to need to make some tough throws for us to win. I think he's gained enough confidence over the past four games to do it.

This is going to be his coming out party or the blast of Arctic air that sends him back into hibernation.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yeah, from F'bomb to SDS, to CFBN, to every knucklehead with a forum of any kind, the consensus is we ain't got much of a chance. There are a few who haven't ruled out a "major upset" such as LDR, and somewhat surprisingly, Jesse Palmer. But they're definitely the exception as opposed to the rule. There are several factors at play, some are real and some, I believe, are imaginary. Allow me to elucidate:

1. The lack of respect for a Gator team that has begun to find itself, under the guidance of what I am rapidly coming to believe is an elite HC and staff, is palpable. This stems primarily from the awfulness of the previous regime and the fact that there was zero player development going on heretofore - making the roster appear even shakier than it actually was.

2. UGA is substantially overrated. The reports of the ascent of the Dwags into CFB Valhalla are greatly exaggerated. In my humble opinion, Kirby Smart is either a great snake-oil salesman, a proficient cheater, or the luckiest SOB who ever lived. He has not however proven himself to be a great game day coach or designer of genius-level game plans. After some of the eggs he's laid (LSU, Auburn, etc.) that fact should be self-evident. The question of conditioning raised by KS himself, and the observations made by others concerning the under-whelming effort put forth by the Dwags during their recent humiliation in Red Pole, would seem to confirm that thesis.

3. The generally negative, even openly hostile attitude toward the Gators on the part of a considerable segment of the media is painfully obvious. From the clown parade on Gameday, to Baldy Von F'bomb, to that surpassingly ceckless funt Dari Noka of the All Bama all the time network, you can cut the antipathy toward UF with a knife. And no, I'm not exaggerating - those ass hats hate us and make no pretense to the contrary. Even People like Doering and Palmer seem to go out of their way to prove their "impartiality" by dumping on UF at every opportunity. Chris rated UF at the absolute bottom of the conference after a disappointing loss to a better than expected KY team. And Palmer routinely picks against UF, whether the circumstances call for it or not. Media darlings, we definitely are not.

But fortunately, none of that is going to make a damn bit of difference come Saturday. I believe in this Gator team. I also believe that UGA can and likely will lose two in a row. To hell with GA and their white trash fan base. UF will play well and demonstrate their superiority in STs, defense and coaching with a solid win that will NOT be an upset. I believe that the better team will win and that team will be UF. Of course if I'm wrong, that doesn't necessarily mean that most or all of the above isn't true. But after all, I'm just a fan who gets to say stupid shyt just like everybody else. I just don't get paid for it like the douche-nozzles enumerated above. Go Gators! UF33-UGA24.

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Yeah, from F'bomb to SDS, to CFBN, to every knucklehead with a forum of any kind, the consensus is we ain't got much of a chance. There are a few who haven't ruled out a "major upset" such as LDR, and somewhat surprisingly, Jesse Palmer. But they're definitely the exception as opposed to the rule. There are several factors at play, some are real and some, I believe, are imaginary. Allow me to elucidate:

1. The lack of respect for a Gator team that has begun to find itself, under the guidance of what I am rapidly coming to believe is an elite HC and staff, is palpable. This stems primarily from the awfulness of the previous regime and the fact that there was zero player development going on heretofore - making the roster appear even shakier than it actually was.

2. UGA is substantially overrated. The reports of the ascent of the Dwags into CFB Valhalla are greatly exaggerated. In my humble opinion, Kirby Smart is either a great snake-oil salesman, a proficient cheater, or the luckiest SOB who ever lived. He has not however proven himself to be a great game day coach or designer of genius-level game plans. After some of the eggs he's laid (LSU, Auburn, etc.) that fact should be self-evident. The question of conditioning raised by KS himself, and the observations made by others concerning the under-whelming effort put forth by the Dwags during their recent humiliation in Red Pole, would seem to confirm that thesis.

3. The generally negative, even openly hostile attitude toward the Gators on the part of a considerable segment of the media is painfully obvious. From the clown parade on Gameday, to Baldy Von F'bomb, to that surpassingly ceckless funt Dari Noka of the All Bama all the time network, you can cut the antipathy toward UF with a knife. And no, I'm not exaggerating - those ass hats hate us and make no pretense to the contrary. Even People like Doering and Palmer seem to go out of their way to prove their "impartiality" by dumping on UF at every opportunity. Chris rated UF at the absolute bottom of the conference after a disappointing loss to a better than expected KY team. And Palmer routinely picks against UF, whether the circumstances call for it or not. Media darlings, we definitely are not.

But fortunately, none of that is going to make a damn bit of difference come Saturday. I believe in this Gator team. I also believe that UGA can and likely will lose two in a row. To hell with GA and their white trash fan base. UF will play well and demonstrate their superiority in STs, defense and coaching with a solid win that will NOT be an upset. I believe that the better team will win and that team will be UF. Of course if I'm wrong, that doesn't necessarily mean that the most or all of the above isn't true. But after all, I'm just a fan who gets to say stupid shyt just like everybody else. I just don't get paid for it like the douche-nozzles enumerated above. Go Gators! UF33-UGA24.
This post should be pinned today and through game day.

Edit: And through the rest of the season, should we win, as I also predict.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
That respect thing doesn’t bother me much...what I do get a little pissed off about is that everyone is head over heels on LSU and glorifying Burrow and we absolutely manhandled them on the lines and made Burrow look like he is yet not a single mention of that is made when they discuss LsU

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This post should be pinned today and through game day.

Edit: And through the rest of the season, should we win, as I also predict.

We have sucked for the last nine years and are on our fourth coach in that time period. But, we should be upset because the top analysts have noticed that we have sucked? I understand us all being very excited - I’m loving the fact that we have hope to beat Georgia’s a$$ this week - but I’m amazed at how many Gators truly believe there is a collective national hatred for us. Part of the LSU love on a national basis is that they have the best loss among everyone, ie to us at the Swamp.

The word I did agree with is a national “apathy” toward Florida. It’s been well earned though.

Only wins change that reality. Starting Saturday.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We have sucked for the last nine years and are on our fourth coach in that time period. But, we should be upset because the top analysts have noticed that we have sucked. I understand us all being very excited - I’m loving the fact that we have hope to beat Georgia has asked this week - but I’m amazed at how many Gators truly believe there is a collective national hatred for us. Part of the LSU Love on a national basis is that they have the best loss among everyone, to us at the Swamp.

The word I did agree with is national apathy toward Florida. It’s been well earned.

Agreed. The national media talking heads aren’t playing the game on Saturday. Let them continue to doubt until we outright earn it. We do that with a win on Saturday, whether it’s in blowout fashion or a close, hard fought game. Just win baby.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We have sucked for the last nine years and are on our fourth coach in that time period. But, we should be upset because the top analysts have noticed that we have sucked? I understand us all being very excited - I’m loving the fact that we have hope to beat Georgia’s a$$ this week - but I’m amazed at how many Gators truly believe there is a collective national hatred for us. Part of the LSU love on a national basis is that they have the best loss among everyone, ie to us at the Swamp.

The word I did agree with is a national “apathy” toward Florida. It’s been well earned though.

Actually the word was antipathy, and I stand by my earlier statements. Also, for the record, the belief that UF is treated like a red-headed step child by the SEC (including the misnamed network previously mentioned), and by a considerable segment of the media, predates our recent woes by many decades. But if you recall, I did end my little screed by saying that all the talking heads in the world won't make a damn bit of difference come Saturday. I guess we do at least agree on that much. And as someone once said, opinions are like a$$ holes - some more so than others.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Actually the word was antipathy, and I stand by my earlier statements. Also, for the record, the belief that UF is treated like a red-headed step child by the SEC (including the misnamed network previously mentioned), and by a considerable segment of the media, predates our recent woes by many decades. But if you recall, I did end my little screed by saying that all the talking heads in the world won't make a damn bit of difference come Saturday. I guess we do at least agree on that much. And as someone once said, opinions are like a$$ holes - some more so than others.

I wish this was true. That would mean we were relevant and winning for a while. But, I guess in the meantime we can cry media bias victimhood. I’d rather cheer in victory and truly be hated.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I'd prefer it be this way going in. Dooley the Dwags into thinking we don't even belong on the same field. Lord knows he did it to us enough.

Franks is going to need to make some tough throws for us to win. I think he's gained enough confidence over the past four games to do it.

This is going to be his coming out party or the blast of Arctic air that sends him back into hibernation.

That was absolutely hyperbolichious. :-)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, nicky calls the media love “poison,” so let them continue feeding the butt sniffers.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Ugay got whipped by lsu because theyre soft. They were also outcoached by their neanderthal coach. Both these areas we bested lsu in. With our sc and our deep bench i think we win 34- 27
Go Gators!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who wants to write for SDS can write for SDS.

They take submissions from unpaid people who just want to see their name in lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator