Savage S&C Kicks off today Jan 18

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm happy w/ what I've read so far. This new S&C coach is only 28 years old! And he's ready to bust some people's asses! And Mullen showed up and ran with the team? That's awesome and anyone that thinks otherwise is a full-fledged retard!

Amen brother. I am really liking this so far!

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
What is also awesome is hearing from the players who are saying they are embracing the challenge and acknowledge a 4-7 season....the first step of recovery is to admit you have a problem and the players are admitting they were soft. Good sign.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
What is also awesome is hearing from the players who are saying they are embracing the challenge and acknowledge a 4-7 season....the first step of recovery is to admit you have a problem and the players are admitting they were soft. Good sign.
Circumventing the previous S&C coordinator/program by utilizing local gyms is also a promising indicator that the players wanted to improve themselves physically in spite of the ineptitude of the former S&C staff.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This is so cruel!!!!!

Don't these coaches understand that our players have feelings and they are sensitive and you just can't barge in here and expect them to get excited or look forward to this program.
The reality is that we will need counselors more than ambulances.....Oh, the trauma!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great that Mullen's putting his foot down on hard training ... and he puts it down for 2+ miles in that cold morning.
This really shows what a sham-slack HC high-paid employee McElwain was - the cheat, the lousy example for young men. McElwain took money (salary) millions fraudulently.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is Mullen allowed to have contact with the team? I thought this was a hands off time?

I'm sure he's not deliberately breaking NCAA rules and risking punishment by going for a morning run w/ the team. Unless he pulled a Will Grier and didn't run it by the compliance department.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The team split into groups for a 2.2-mile run around campus that included stops at four stations for specific training drills.

How cool would it be for them to run the gator gallops with the fans?

Probably too much chaos, plus I’m sure they like their own float(s) to ride and wave from. But still...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Early reports are that the players are getting OWNED and DESTROYED and having their azzes HANDED to them. They are saying its rough but its gonna be worth it come gamedays. Mullen DID run with the team and the players were impressed to see him out there so that pushed them even more. This team is gonna be TOUGH on Saturdays. Just you wait and see! Go Gators!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How tough was Savage's 'inawegural' day at S&C Program? Players said Savage tweeted that he was transferring back to MSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see that Mullen was there with them. Shows that he is invested. Players will play hard for a coach they know will invest and go through things with them instead of PB&J sessions in the coaches office. What stood out to me was this quote from the article...

"This workout for us was very simply to kind of shock the system,'' Savage said Tuesday. "To let them know the culture here is going to change. The atmosphere here is going to change. Our goal is to create a winning culture, not only a winning team. Our culture will go a lot further than anything else."

Our culture at UF has been broken for a long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Circumventing the previous S&C coordinator/program by utilizing local gyms is also a promising indicator that the players wanted to improve themselves physically in spite of the ineptitude of the former S&C staff.
Im not sure I buy this. So the old staff would let them workout, unlikely.

More likely:

"why arent you working out?"

" uhhhhh I been working out at curves instead. it is closer to my girlfriends luxury apt. trust me I will be ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator