Say it ain't so Ole Miss!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is important to note, this is all ole piss. At least the articles I've read state this. The NCAA hasn't released its NOA yet. If ole piss is going this far, things must be awfully bad.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorNation's gonna catch hell from Ole Miss fans once it's revealed the NCAA got a letter from someone named Brad stating "I have 8 more alligatorations on Ole Miss FB program."

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If the loss of few scholarships is the worst they can do to you we should be coming off of 10 years of self imposed sanctions come August.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's too bad for their newly signed class - not that it was that impressive (#30). But I guess those guys should have seen the writing on the wall. Looking at their list for 2017, I think the DT Tony Gray was the only one I remember us being interested in, and I think we did better than him with the guys we signed at DT.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the loss of few scholarships is the worst they can do to you we should be coming off of 10 years of self imposed sanctions come August.
Sorry, not this year. By the end of summer we will be 5-8 down, even if you count walkons who were awarded schollies, which I wouldnt. (IMO those guys would get another year only if we lost more people than expected between Feb and Sep .)

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is important to note, this is all ole piss. At least the articles I've read state this. The NCAA hasn't released its NOA yet. If ole piss is going this far, things must be awfully bad.
NCAA and SEC won't tolerate anyone else paying as much as Bammer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I expect the NCAA to drop the hammer and Missy will cry foul.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Sorry, not this year. By the end of summer we will be 5-8 down, even if you count walkons who were awarded schollies, which I wouldnt, thise guys would get another year only if we lost more people than exoected between Feb and Sep .
Fuk beans!!!

LurkingGator

Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2016
While we are at it, I saw this posted on the comments section of an article about the Ole Miss situation:

http://usc.247sports.com/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

It was posted by a USC fan on a USC board. And it isn't exactly hard evidence of cheating. Or for that matter anything that we didn't know. But the poster did some good work.

If I read correctly, twenty members of the 2016 Alabama roster posted on Instagram bragging about cars and cash with themselves posing in pics. That is almost 25% of the scholarship players at Bama. Who happened to to have fancy vehicles or mystery cash. And who bragged about it on Instagram.

How many players have nice cars and mystery cash and didn't brag at all? How many bragged, but just not on Instagram?

Is it fake? It was posted on a 247 UCS forum, so it is not like anybody there is going to call the poster out. Is it real, but me and the USC fan are just blowing it out of proportion?

I remember hearing about Bentleys and Escalades with some other Bama players as far back as Julio Jones. But I have never seen pics of any big time recruits posting things like this. I remember Dee Liner posting his pic and making the news in 2013: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1719940-alabama-dl-dee-liner-flashes-wads-of-cash-on-instagram or http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jul/30/sports/la-sp-sn-alabama-dee-liner-cash-20130730 But I don't think he ever played a down. Great name for a defensive lineman, though. That's what you would name a create-a-recruit player in the old NCAA College Football game.

It was pretty obvious that Ole Miss was cheating because they were way out-kicking the coverage on recruiting. Is Alabama getting away with it because they are a storied program and because Saban was good before he got there?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It would be pretty easy to get all the tickets Bammer players have gotten and see what vehicle they were driving. Then you determine what booster owned it.

This isn't rocket surgery. If you actually investigated I'm sure you'd have great difficulty not tripping over a hundred violations at Bammer.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Rocket surgery? I bet those guys get paid a lot!

Then again, it could be the same ones looking for Bammer inproprieties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb