Scared money don’t make money

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Wow, and you think I am the sensitive one... :rotfl:

But please tell me, how has that word been redefined? It is, and always has been a derogatory term. When did that change?

The word being redefined is the word racist. It really means someone who believes their race is superior to another or all others.

Calling me racist because I don't think that spelling of that word is a big deal is the very meaning of redefinition.

Especially given that the supposedly offended race is the one that uses it. Plus the context is that Colin Powell saying that is funny because he wouldn't say it despite the fact he could.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The word being redefined is the word racist. It really means someone who believes their race is superior to another or all others.

Calling me racist because I don't think that spelling of that word is a big deal is the very meaning of redefinition.

Especially given that the supposedly offended race is the one that uses it. Plus the context is that Colin Powell saying that is funny because he wouldn't say it despite the fact he could.
I don't care how it is spelled nor whom is using the word. It is still demeaning and inappropriate. It is still a racist term no matter who utters/prints/posts it. The mods of this board should remove the meme at the very least. You don't have to agree, that's fine. Probably not the first time you were wrong either.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I don't care how it is spelled nor whom is using the word. It is still demeaning and inappropriate. It is still a racist term no matter who utters/prints/posts it. The mods of this board should remove the meme at the very least. You don't have to agree, that's fine. Probably not the first time you were wrong either.

I wasn't wrong when I was demeaning and inappropriate with your wife last night. She was a very bad girl.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How about this... I have ZERO problem with ignoring posts/content that I don't like. But some things are absolutely inappropriate IMO and should NOT be posted. If you are ok with what was posted above then you too are a racist piece of trash.
adjust your skirt.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Why are the mods allowing the meme that Slug posted above to remain? Wasn't it NVgator that got put in timeout a few months back for outright using the "N" word? What's the difference here? BNA? Ox?

At the very least, remove the image.
Here's a primer for you...

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Here's a primer for you...

No No...its much better to adopt a zero tolerance policy towards words. That always works out well because it removes all requirements to actual thought. And when you can't convince everyone else, just redefine another existing word and label them with it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
No No...its much better to adopt a zero tolerance policy towards words.

did anyone watch The Wire?

if there were a drinking game where you had to take a shot every time one black person called the other the 'n' word, you'd be comatose within the first 15-20 minutes.

so the 'n' word is used EXTENSIVELY today in certain circles - not the circles I run in, but ...you get the idea.
it all comes down to context -

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

But please tell me, how has that word been redefined? It is, and always has been a derogatory term. When did that change?

I don't care either way. Delete it or not, don't care.

But you are wrong.
Blacks have and do use my nigga as a term of endearment.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What message would I be delivering if I were to censor a DIRECT QUOTE from our first black Secretary of State?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Black people, mostly men, have always used the word nigg*r among each other in a non-derogatory way, sort of synonymously with, "brother."

Sometime in the 1990's, when using the word in that fraternal way, they started changing the "er" at the end to "a," and calling each other, "nigga."

Does it seem to you like the 50,000+ white people screaming, "my nigga," in this video are using it in a derogatory way?

No, right? That was 1999.

Since then, the non-derogatory use of the word, "nigga," has spread to other cultures.

Where I live, if you go to a watch a high school football practice, this is what you will hear:

Blacks use the word nigga constantly among each other. The meaning can change depending on the context and their tone of voice, but it's basically just a way of addressing each other. It's used more or less the same way you would use dude, man or bro. "My nigga" means my friend, my boy, my homie, my brother, etc.

Most Latins also use the word nigga among each other, almost as much as blacks but not quite. They use it the same way as blacks.

Blacks and Latins use the word back and forth between each other, but not as frequently as they use it among each other. Blacks call Latins nigga a little more often than the other way around, but they do use it inter-racially.

Latins never call black players nigga in a derogatory way, as a slur. Even if they say something like, "you a b*tch ass nigga," it's only the b*tch ass part that's supposed to be derogatory.

If there are no blacks around, a lot of white players call each other nigga too, in the same fraternal way as the others.

If there are Latins and whites together but no blacks, they call each other nigga fairly liberally.

Blacks sometimes call white players nigga, and when they do, the white players are appreciative. They take it as a compliment. It means they are accepted.

If a black player says to a white one, "you a REAL nigga," he walks away beaming.

Whites are hesitant to call blacks nigga, though. That's the least common inter-racial use of the word.

A white will address a black as nigga only if the black does it first, and even then, whites do it sparingly. But "nigga" is never used by whites as a derogatory racial slur.

Ironically, without the "er" on the end, the modified version of the word has basically come full circle from the original. Blacks used to feel insulted when called that by whites, and now whites feel respected when called that by blacks.

With all that said, Latins and whites do occasionally use the original version of the word, with the "er" ending, as a derogatory slur toward blacks. It's mainly when they are talking sh*t about certain black players who are not around at the time. If they want to be insulting to their faces, they use other, non-racial pejorative words.

Hope that answers your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator