Scarlett and others have returned to team activities

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Ahhh, the righteous. Must be nice to be perfect.

Ahhh, the "glass houses" argument. Usually comes right before the "perp is the vicitm" rhetoric.

C'mon, we've all done stupid stuff. The question is, do we learn? I don't, and I'm guessing, neither do, you have the same background as a lot of these kids. Not an apologist, but being able to get good stuff wasn't as big a deal for me as it might be for some of these guys. Let's give the least of the offenders a chance. If they don't learn? It's on them.

Sorry, posted my first reply before I got to the end of the thread. I knew it was coming though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Thick&ThinG8r you're right.....Law is completely, 100% wrong on K. Davis. We know Law hates our smaller DE's (hell, he pretty much hates all of our DE's).
So you believe that drivel written by someone who that Cece would be playing DT? Fvkk, CeCe is 30-50 pounds undersized for a DE. He's not even that big for a LB. I guess any toolbag can give his opinion though.

Davis is crap. He was behind everyone but Smith, who was a waste of a scholarship. Hell, Zack Carter as a true freshman would have been playing before him. If you think playing another tiny one trick pony DE would have changed anything last year, think again. Hell, Sherit was useless setting the edge himself. Any team that didn't run sweeps on us didn't bother watching game film. Of course, it was just as easy to run up the middle. Or to throw.

Doesn't matter now, though, does it? The FACT is that he DIDNT play jlast year and the likelihood is he is likely gone. Play "what if" all you want.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We don't owe these bozos doodly-squat. If drawing that conclusion makes me a mean, sanctimonious old man, so be it. There are second, third.& fourth chances available elsewhere. My best wishes for this little band of thieves is bon chance and bon voyage. Aside from the good old fashioned moral turpitude displayed by these ass clowns, they present a real danger of contamination for other young players from equally deprived backgrounds. How anyone can look at the deplorable state of our program and believe that half-measures will deliver us, is beyond me. Whatever contribution any of these guys might make in the short run pales to insignificance in comparison to the best long-term interests of the program. Any enterprise that isn't founded on integrity, commitment, hard work and mutually shared goals is doomed to fail.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
We don't owe these bozos doodly-squat. If drawing that conclusion makes me a mean, sanctimonious old man, so be it. There are second, third.& fourth chances available elsewhere. My best wishes for this little band of thieves is bon chance and bon voyage. Aside from the good old fashioned moral turpitude displayed by these ass clowns, they present a real danger of contamination for other young players from equally deprived backgrounds. How anyone can look at the deplorable state of our program and believe that half-measures will deliver us, is beyond me. Whatever contribution any of these guys might make in the short run pales to insignificance in comparison to the best long-term interests of the program. Any enterprise that isn't founded on integrity, commitment, hard work and mutually shared goals is doomed to fail.
Cue jereed's privilege argument in 3.....2.....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So you believe that drivel written by someone who that Cece would be playing DT? Fvkk, CeCe is 30-50 pounds undersized for a DE. He's not even that big for a LB. I guess any toolbag can give his opinion though.

Davis is crap. He was behind everyone but Smith, who was a waste of a scholarship. Hell, Zack Carter as a true freshman would have been playing before him. If you think playing another tiny one trick pony DE would have changed anything last year, think again. Hell, Sherit was useless setting the edge himself. Any team that didn't run sweeps on us didn't bother watching game film. Of course, it was just as easy to run up the middle. Or to throw.

Doesn't matter now, though, does it? The FACT is that he DIDNT play jlast year and the likelihood is he is likely gone. Play "what if" all you want.

I believe my own two eyes....and I saw Davis start 5 games in 2016....and you said he wasn't in the top 4 DE's. That's just plain wrong...now matter how much BS you want to type.

But yep, it doesn't matter now. Regardless, you were/are wrong that he was not among our top 4 DE's to start the 2017 season (prior to his suspension).

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

Our whole team is a bunch of ifs right now. So if Davis gets healthy, cleared to play and is in a real S&C program he's in the rotation. You and Traz are not the only posters paying attention to the games. And for the record there's not an all SEC player in the whole lot of 9, so cracking our starting lineup isn't that big of accomplishment.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We need a good dose of mind over matter to get this couch potato football team moving. Hopefully, the better pieces accumulate over a few years. For now, can we just show up "with our things we run well" instead of the helter skelter Jekyll-Hyde crap and be a bit more of a menace on D, whether by muscle or scheme and maybe sniff the 50 yard line now and again on returns. I could live with that year-1.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. And for the record there's not an all SEC player in the whole lot of 9, so cracking our starting lineup isn't that big of accomplishment.
Im pretty confident that Zack Carter may be. Conliffe (at SDE), may be best of the bunch. TJ Slaton, two gap beast. I'm getting a thrill down my leg. Can't wait.

Polite maybe also, maybe. If not he will be close to being elite, I expect. He is a guy I didnt like much as a freshman. Glad to be wrong.

Throw in Zuniga off the edge w CeCe. Im not really concerned about DL at all right now.

I really anticipate a big increase in our defensive line production. Not playing two or three guys out of position every play will be huge.

I'm not a Grantham fan, but I definitely like his style of Defense much better than the last two DCs.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm not a Grantham fan, but I definitely like his style of Defense much better than the last two DCs.

It’s been difficult to get overly critical of our D for the last 8 years when compared to an offense that can’t get out of its own way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Is Miller back?

Not sure on Desir-Jones but he is being sued for owing $ 4,000 on rent people claim.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Miller is about 5'10 so yeah he's short as hell for a FB player.

I have no idea who miller is, but that guy in the blue is maybe 5'7'', his legs are shorter than his upper body. But if he's actually 5'10" and just oddly shaped than that guy is probably 235 to 245 lbs.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My father died when I was 11. My mom worked 2 jobs to support my sister and I. She got me a job on Saturdays helping an old man refinish old refrigerators (hand sanding) for $.25 an hour when I was 12. I had one pair of shoes when I started high school. Other than that I had a pretty normal life but I didn't steal for the things I wished I had. With that said, I believe in 2nd chances on a short rope for people if they deserve them. The players got their first chance when they got a scholarship. You know, the old fool me once thing.

So why not play to the crowd and claim victimhood?
It's all the rage these days.
You can commit any crime or screw over any person and all is forgiven because you had a tough early life.
All you have to do is register democrat

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator