Founding Member
Sorry to hear...Gator great.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Horrible news for a great Gator. His poor family has some bad days ahead.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sad stuff man. What a terrifying disease :(

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I keep telling you guys. Football is over....it’s Bruce Willis in “The Sixth Sense”...dead but doesn’t know it yet. eSports, softball, quidditch, debate, and squash are the future. Foley was a renaissance-man....he’ll probably be the 4th statue.

Well, after they convert BHG to a quidditch stadium.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No real surprise other than not seeing the initials CTE in the story. Sadly, his brain was toast a while back.

Scot suffered the mother lode of head injuries, a knee to the head, in the '79 home opener. Doctors warned he could die if he went back on the football field. That wasn't about to derail him. He played on.

You can't talk all-time best UF linebackers without talking #55.

bc32732c2dc0e54f870a36e43af140e0.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone was going to suffer from CTE it would be Brantley. He was a fierce hitter and used to lead with his head a lot. So much so that it ended his career at Florida when he got a severe concussion that knocked him out. That hit should have ended his career all together but the dude loved football too much.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone was going to suffer from CTE it would be Brantley. He was a fierce hitter and used to lead with his head a lot. So much so that it ended his career at Florida when he got a severe concussion that knocked him out. That hit should have ended his career all together but the dude loved football too much.
Total badass on the field.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sad to think that Alzheimer and dementia sufferers don't remember the good times. As Scot's mind goes we all know deep down he has Orange and Blue in his veins.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One of the sickest hits on a qb you will see. I was in the stands that day at the sombrero, about 80 rows up on that side of the field on the 20 yard line on the other end of the field, you could hear it.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the sickest hits on a qb you will see. I was in the stands that day at the sombrero, about 80 rows up on that side of the field on the 20 yard line on the other end of the field, you could hear it.

That left a mark.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Leeman Bennett's first season. They ran a 3-4 with Brantley at IRLB.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Total badass on the field.

He played my HS in my junior year when I was out for the season with a knee injury (thank God). Ocala Forrest won the state championship that year and he was a beast. I got to see the way he hit up close from the safety of the sidelines. There was one play when our equally big and tough all state fullback met him head on. It was like watching a high speed crash. It was pretty much a draw.

I mentioned that hit to him in the Nickel's Alley bathroom when I ran into him in Gainesville. He remembered it right away and told me it was one of the hardest hits he'd ever experienced.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He played my HS in my junior year when I was out for the season with a knee injury (thank God). Ocala Forrest won the state championship that year and he was a beast. I got to see the way he hit up close from the safety of the sidelines. There was one play when our equally big and tough all state fullback met him head on. It was like watching a high speed crash. It was pretty much a draw.

I mentioned that hit to him in the Nickel's Alley bathroom when I ran into him in Gainesville. He remembered it right away and told me it was one of the hardest hits he'd ever experienced.
Speaking of not remembering things. Nickel beer night at Nickel's Alley.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of not remembering things. Nickel beer night at Nickel's Alley.

Yup. I'd always splurge on the "Big Nic" for 25 cents and toss the bartender a nickel for his trouble. :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Jesus. He hit him helmet to helmet and hit him out of bounds.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I like that the announcers added “That was a good, clean hit. He was inbounds.” :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.