Scott Frost: Nebraska and Florida

jessica0

Nov 8, 2017
Full disclosure that I am a Nebraska fan. I'm glad that UF fans realize that Scott Frost is a legit head coach. I'm just passing along a radio interview that was done today by our AD and also a tweet about the connection between UNL's Chancellor and how he knows Scott Frost.

Please take a couple of minutes to listen to the radio interview.

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 58m58 minutes ago
Replying to @ChrisDunkerLJS
Q: We all know winter is coming to Nebraska, when is Frost coming? A: Green laughs. Tells story about how athletics is "just like any other business." About management, performance, metrics and customers. "When you realize the need for change, you act."

Chris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS 57m57 minutes ago
Green adds university is evaluating its business. Says he was at 97 Orange Bowl. Wife's roommate was Frost's cousin. "Yeah, I know who Scott Frost is. We will do what needs to be done in the right way."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He wouldn't go to Nebraska if you guys offered 10 million a year.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Full disclosure that I am a Nebraska fan. I'm glad that UF fans realize that Scott Frost is a legit head coach. I'm just passing along a radio interview that was done today by our AD and also a tweet about the connection between UNL's Chancellor and how he knows Scott Frost.

Q: We all know winter is coming to Nebraska, when is Frost coming? A: Green laughs. Tells story about how athletics is "just like any other business." About management, performance, metrics and customers. "When you realize the need for change, you act."

Green adds university is evaluating its business. Says he was at 97 Orange Bowl. Wife's roommate was Frost's cousin. "Yeah, I know who Scott Frost is. We will do what needs to be done in the right way."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

I suggest you choose an avatar quickly before management chooses one for you.

Given you're a Jessica and a 'Husker it might be Jessica Rabbit, it may be an ear of corn, or it may even be a pink pony.

Good luck.

Alex.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member

Now that he has had a taste of the good life and still spurns over your fan's treatment, I dont think he would ever move back to Lincoln... What is in Lincoln?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't know why anyone would live in Nebraska, the Siberia of the United States. Seems most people's goal is to leave. But having said that some may like it.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The shocking thing to me is that they have radio in Nebraska.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have this feeling that NU is going to overplay the school loyalty card. They need a hometown discount. NU has been irrelevant for a long time. If Frost goes it is because they ponied up major cash. If they do then they did what they needed to.

We seem to be all in on Frost.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's gonna come down to money, and recruiting. Good luck Huskers!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
At the end of the day Scott has to figure out what his easiest path to the NC is. He can probably recruit well enough to win the B10 west but can he recruit well enough to compete with Ohio State and playoff teams. Probably not.
At Florida there's no reason he couldn't land top 5 classes every year.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The shocking thing to me is that they have radio in Nebraska.

He has spent a couple winters in Florida now. Going back to that frigate weather is a hard thing to do. I don’t care if his name is Frost. I live in Central Florida and we didn’t have a frost last year. That will be a factor.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
surprisingly cell coverage is very poor throughout nebraska... its as if the major 4 just up and forgot about most of the state.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I know some UCF fans that say he’s staying.
They want boosters to dig deep. He could stay. He’s not the average guy in a lot of ways.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's gonna come down to money, and recruiting. Good luck Huskers!

I don't think it is going to come down to money. I think it is going to come down to where he wants to coach and possibly sees the best opportunity. It is certainly possible that his loyalty takes him to Nebraska. If that is the case then I would certainly rather he go there. I don't want a coach who would rather be somewhere else. I think the money will be close enough or either school will match so that it isn't what makes the difference.

It really is going to come down to where he and his family would rather be. I hope that is UF... I think without a doubt it is a better opportunity and job, but I wouldn't blame him if he choose to go coach at NU.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
I base my decisions on facts. Because of that, Jessica, I will need to see some pics of you before I can decide which way I think Frost goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.