Scott Frost's UCF staff

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Frost is the guy I want in here, so I was checking out his UCF coaching staff. Seems to have a lot of guys he's previously worked w/ at Oregon and/or Northern Iowa. Not many "big" names (his DC, for example is a first time DC who was the OLB coach at Oregon previously. His OC has only been a football coach since 2009). Notice Frank Verducci is on his support staff (Muschamp's OL coach that he fired for looking for another job).

If Frost were to get the job, how many of these assistants does he bring w/ him?

UCF.PNG

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Funny is the pay structure over there isn't too high. The assistants are actually paid hourly, and only get limited overtime. They have to actually punch a physical clock on the wall like a factory worker.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funny is the pay structure over there isn't too high. The assistants are actually paid hourly, and only get limited overtime. They have to actually punch a physical clock on the wall like a factory worker.

Seriously? What a joke!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks Insti, I meant to do that....(I know, I'm an idiot!)...

Not at all, it is hard to know how the board will treat an insert. Sometime videos play and sometime they show up as a link for example.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting BMF. i checked out his staff yesterday, and must admit I came away unimpressed with the background of the defensive coordinator. It's basically a staff you would expect a small , low-tier school. In the event Frost is the guy i'm sure some of his guys would be brought with, but probably not many.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for posting BMF. i checked out his staff yesterday, and must admit I came away unimpressed with the background of the defensive coordinator. It's basically a staff you would expect a small , low-tier school. In the event Frost is the guy i'm sure some of his guys would be brought with, but probably not many.

I imagine he'd bring in at least 4 of those guys....mostly offense. He's apparently the opposite of McElwain, where he's stated that he appreciates his assistants and has fun coaching w/ them. So I would expect to see many of them go w/ him to his next gig. Check out the QA coach Barrett Ruud (former NFL LB, stud!).

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
How Scott Frost Constructed the UCF Coaching Staff

This would be his initial staff. I don't know how many are holdovers. The purpose of citing the article is to give some insight on how Frost went about putting his staff together.

“There's some huge Nebraska ties on our staff, and some Northern Iowa, and some Oregon, and some Philadelphia Eagles (Austin and defensive line coach Mike Dawson),” Frost said. “That wasn't intentional; I hired the best people that I could find and the best people I knew. I wanted to hire extremely intelligent people that are team players and, more than anything, are in the business to be mentors to young men."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...coaching-staff-together-ucf-knights/84200198/

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Frost is the guy I want in here, so I was checking out his UCF coaching staff. Seems to have a lot of guys he's previously worked w/ at Oregon and/or Northern Iowa. Not many "big" names (his DC, for example is a first time DC who was the OLB coach at Oregon previously. His OC has only been a football coach since 2009). Notice Frank Verducci is on his support staff (Muschamp's OL coach that he fired for looking for another job).

If Frost were to get the job, how many of these assistants does he bring w/ him?

Frost is returning a fair amount of his own paycheck back into the fund that helps pay the assistant coaches at UCF. As I understand it, he is pretty attached to this staff according to several reports here in Orlando, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to keep the bulk of the band together regardless of where he goes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Frost is returning a fair amount of his own paycheck back into the fund that helps pay the assistant coaches at UCF. As I understand it, he is pretty attached to this staff according to several reports here in Orlando, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to keep the bulk of the band together regardless of where he goes.

UR, I agree....and why wouldn't he? He's been w/ these guys for two years now and trusts them. I don't buy the "this coach isn't ready for the SEC". It's football. It's not rocket science. That's why I was surprised at how few of the CSU guys, that made McElwain successful there, didn't come w/ him to UF. Tim Skipper initially wasn't supposed to come to UF, but the RB coach McElwain wanted fell through. I'd expect at least 5 of the 9 assistants Frost has to come with him, if not all of them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Callaghan. Lulz

Verducci too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How Scott Frost Constructed the UCF Coaching Staff

This would be his initial staff. I don't know how many are holdovers. The purpose of citing the article is to give some insight on how Frost went about putting his staff together.

“There's some huge Nebraska ties on our staff, and some Northern Iowa, and some Oregon, and some Philadelphia Eagles (Austin and defensive line coach Mike Dawson),” Frost said. “That wasn't intentional; I hired the best people that I could find and the best people I knew. I wanted to hire extremely intelligent people that are team players and, more than anything, are in the business to be mentors to young men."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...coaching-staff-together-ucf-knights/84200198/

Looks like he retained two coaches from O'Leary's staff:

Sean Beckton and Travis Fisher

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.