Scott Stricklin’s biggest regret

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How does blind faith become a show of stability?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How does blind faith become a show of stability?
no clue. Look not extending a coach is poor optics for recruiting. you have to have at least 4 years on the coach's contract or it's used against them in recruiting. however there ways of doing this without flushing four or five million dollars. you can extend his contract but not change the buyout at all.

Butters had no Leverage and frankly he hadn't learned anything. He was hired to fix the offense and made it worse. He destroyed recruiting and put together one of the worst rosters we've had since the 70s. the coordinators who me hand-picked and to whom he was so obstinately loyal, were absolutely terrible.

we gave the guy contract paying him well, made him a rich man for life. the contract had certain provisions, ie if he goes to the SEC Championship game he gets a $100,000 bonus or whatever.

We should have never extended the guy and we should have never consodered bringing nussmeier back this year.

New or not some of these things should have been obvious to him.

This kind of crap is exactly how Fooley destroyed the program.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Truth is unusual at this level, let's hope it remains his biggest regret for the many years I expect him to be AD.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree, sure he might have advised him but he is not his boss, so he did not tell him what to do.

If you say so. This happened when Stricklin had been in place for a few months only so.......

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If you say so. This happened when Stricklin had been in place for a few months only so.......

Of course I don't "know" but imagine if you were a new employee, someone you respect but is not your boss "tells" you want to do. What kind of employee would you be, what sort of previous employee who retired and I bet had input that got you hired would "tell" you what to do.

I can't even imagine it, and remember I am very literal in what things mean, "tells" means giving you an order.

No problem if you don't agree after all it is an internet board.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
"New guy" mistake by Stricklin. At least he learns from his mistakes, unlike the icon AD. Hopeful about the Mullen hire.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
"New guy" mistake by Stricklin. At least he learns from his mistakes, unlike the icon AD. Hopeful about the Mullen hire.
Stricklin would have to screw a mule on the 50 during a homecoming game to take us below the depths Foley caused us to go to.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Stricklin would have to screw a mule on the 50 during a homecoming game to take us below the depths Foley caused us to go to.
We had some highs during his tenure...... in spite of him. He owns the lows though.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course I don't "know" but imagine if you were a new employee, someone you respect but is not your boss "tells" you want to do. What kind of employee would you be, what sort of previous employee who retired and I bet had input that got you hired would "tell" you what to do.

I can't even imagine it, and remember I am very literal in what things mean, "tells" means giving you an order.

No problem if you don't agree after all it is an internet board.

I hear you and we can agree to disagree.

I just find it to be quite a coincidence that Stricklin steps into a new job and makes the exact same mistake that his predecessor made with Muschump. When you couple this coincidence with the myriad rumors that were out about AD's turning the job down because Fooley insisted on hanging around, it makes it very easy to draw the obvious conclusion.

I will let it go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.