Scott Stricklin kills it in press conference

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's stumbling on Monday, but it's clear it was the tipping point, irrespective of his denial earlier.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you Scott Stricklin. Question was asked about certain criteria and he said "Best possible candiate". did not care what the background was regarding titles!!!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"We're not going to talk to anyone while their season's going on."

Uh-huh.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We got to hear the Mississippi accent, the command of the language, how he's able to change directions on the fly. He's a quick thinker and decisive. What we aren't getting is anything substantive on the buyout or what happens from here in terms of who they go after. No surprise there. This was a dog and pony show. A lot of AD-speak.

Interesting that he had so little to say about Mac. All we got was "he's a good guy."

What is clear is that Monday was the straw. He denied it earlier, then unwittingly recanted later when he said it "obviously" affected the decision.

Also, a settlement's been reached but the numbers are still being worked on. Hmmm.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Two firings in less than three years will probably be considered as a dumpster fire by most coaching candidates.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that final question was obvious he doesn't get along with Mullen.

I think it was also obvious he hates Mac.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Please tell me he isn't going to wait until the season is over. Are recruits just supposed to hope the new coach fits their style? I mean, come on. I get waiting until the season is over is the way it has always been done. But with the early signing period, that is stupid to do now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I loved his presser. Sounds like he GETS IT. I feel even better about the future!
:chomp:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I beg those media shills NOT to ask the following type question: "Do you have a certain criteria you are looking for in your search?". If that gets asked I better hear: " Yes. The criteria is the best possible candidate"

That's exactly what he said. What a pleasure to hear a polished professional speak instead of our usual bumpkin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But you can and should talk to their agents, at least I think that is fine.

Part of being an AD is learning the art of the white lie. There most certainly will be contact through back channels. Does that interfere with a coach's season? No. Does it infer waiting until the end of the season to talk to the coach? Are you kidding me? No one does that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.