scUM in the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship?

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Would be an interesting if Preacher Ritch plays against his old pups and beats them. Wisconsin is the only Big 10 team with a shot at it. If they lose in their championship (rest will have two losses). Pac 10 is weak and Washington is with a loss already. One loss SEC team will make it. Looks like both Alabama and Georgia will be in. Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Oklahoma/Washington in the CFP?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I've said for a few weeks, I'd love to watch Miami beat UGA and then get smoked by anyone else...I hate "Da" Poo...but the UGA meltdown in losing a big game to Richt, would be awesome

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
scUM has to play ND this weekend. That ain't going to be no pushover game. They also have to beat Clemson in the ACC Title game.

I also think a 1 loss PAC12 Champ or BIG12 Champ would get in before 2 1-loss SEC Teams.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
scUM has to play ND this weekend. That ain't going to be no pushover game. They also have to beat Clemson in the ACC Title game.

I also think a 1 loss PAC12 Champ or BIG12 Champ would get in before 2 1-loss SEC Teams.

Agree. They've played a lot of close games this year and I thought they were going to get beat by Va Tech. They laid it to Va Tech (which makes me question Fuente as a coaching candidate, btw). They also play ND this week, and ND has greatly improved as the season has moved forward. They're schedule isn't exactly "easy" either, as FSU is always tough as a rivalry game (and they were ranked #3 preseason, so no one saw this collapse coming), they beat a solid Va Tech, have ND, and could get Clemson. They beat an 8-1 Toledo (their only loss), had a tough one vs. Ga Tech, and beat a solid Syracuse team (that beat Clemson). They've had close wins, but the schedule isn't as bad as some think. If you want to see a weak/easy schedule....look at the University of Florida's schedule.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Hope you're right. The idea of uga getting in bothers me more than any other. If it's them and miami, holy smokes that's bad.

I'll be pulling hard for Auburn and GT.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Every time they put on that take away chain, I remember why we hated them in the 70-80's
They had a lot of crowd shots when they'd have a big play and honestly their fans have no idea how to act during a football game. Their fan base is embarrassing

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

If they pull those off then they are deserving. I don't see it happening though. I think they get boat raced against Bama though if they play them

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What? Another 2nd year coach has his team in great position? No way.

I've heard you need at least five years.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
ND is a much better team than VT. Big loss for scUM coming this weekend and it can't happen soon enough. I hate everything about them.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Would be an interesting if Preacher Ritch plays against his old pups and beats them. Wisconsin is the only Big 10 team with a shot at it. If they lose in their championship (rest will have two losses). Pac 10 is weak and Washington is with a loss already. One loss SEC team will make it. Looks like both Alabama and Georgia will be in. Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Oklahoma/Washington in the CFP?

What will be most gratifying to UF fans will be if Ritch makes the playoffs while they are sitting home. In fact as much as I dislike Miami, I think that would be quite an amusing outcome.

Jun 2, 2015
They had a lot of crowd shots when they'd have a big play and honestly their fans have no idea how to act during a football game. Their fan base is embarrassing

Slevin, gotta stick up for my fellow fans. By the way, what is the proper decorum for a fan at a football game? After a longgggggggggg bout of being in the cellar of college football, we are ecstatic to see our guys playing as a cohesive team and with determination, grit and not giving up. I don't know if we have the talent to beat ND, but I can assure you they will know they have been in a tough, hard -fought game. I honestly didn't think we would beat VT, but they again surprised me. Miami generally plays up/down to their competition, i.e.: NC then VT. Hard to figure out how a team can go from A to Z in a week.

I am an old lady, but during my young days I was a little crazy at our games in the Orange Bowl, particularly against our favorite rivals.... FSU, UF, OSU & ND. No doubt our fans are wild and crazy, but this seems to fire up the players, so it can't be a bad thing....right? Besides, it helps to get rid of any nasty inhibitions.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
Every time they put on that take away chain, I remember why we hated them in the 70-80's

When I first saw the chain, my initial impression was "gaudy"! Then, I saw what it apparently meant to those 18 - 22 year old young men and how it got them fired up so I just figured I was just old and not with it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.