SDS: Realistic set of expectations for Dan Mullen's first year at Florida

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
What were you basing these picks off of? LSU is gonna be trash this year. I know historically that has been a tough game for us, but they'll be extremely inexperienced on offense and not to mention Ogre's still their coach. I actually think we beat them big this coming season. Vandy? C'mon man... We may very well lose to them, but I can't picture a world in which Vandy is favored over UF. The talent disparity is too pronounced. I'm also not understanding the MSU pick either. A non traditional power school won't be favored because of the lack of talent. As I stated above, I'm well aware that less talented teams win sometimes, but you can't predict that. That's why they're called upsets.

I think 8-4 is the absolute basement for the season. 9-3 is my predicted record. 10+ wins would signify a premature Gator resurgence.

I'm thinking 7-5. I agree LSU will be trash but they were trash last year and we still lost to them at home. Mizz is beating us after the cocktail party. That was locked as soon as Drew Lock came back for his senior year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What were you basing these picks off of? LSU is gonna be trash this year. I know historically that has been a tough game for us, but they'll be extremely inexperienced on offense and not to mention Ogre's still their coach. I actually think we beat them big this coming season. Vandy? C'mon man... We may very well lose to them, but I can't picture a world in which Vandy is favored over UF. The talent disparity is too pronounced. I'm also not understanding the MSU pick either. A non traditional power school won't be favored because of the lack of talent. As I stated above, I'm well aware that less talented teams win sometimes, but you can't predict that. That's why they're called upsets.

I think 8-4 is the absolute basement for the season. 9-3 is my predicted record. 10+ wins would signify a premature Gator resurgence.
This is a prediction discussion, not a Vegas Odds discussion. No one here is talking about Favorites/Dogs.

Why don't you go ahead and predict an undefeated National Championship while you are at it?

As for your other questions... Everyone said LSU would suck this past year. How'd that turn out? Vandy is always, and will always be, a tough game for us. It's always an early start and we play sluggish while often over looking them. As other have said about MSU, they will be hungry to beat their former coaches with tons of return starters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we are no longer a dumpster fire and instead got all of the last 4 years worked out with all facets of the game/team?
Sure. Why not.

Would you give me a break when I'm pumping!

It doesnt have to make sense.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So we are no longer a dumpster fire and instead got all of the last 4 years worked out with all facets of the game/team?
I gotta believe we’re a helluva lot better off than we were 12 months ago.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
The Corndogs just hired Nuss. Let that sink in a minute before predicting us to lose against Ogre and his corndog minions.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta believe we’re a helluva lot better off than we were 12 months ago.
The sad part is ... we haven't played a game yet.
I'm afraid we are in for another disappointment.
I'm just not investing my time in it anymore.
Time will tell.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see us losing to lsu next year. Hell, they might be down to their 2nd interim coach by then. I'm also not buying in on uga after they lose everybody. Didn't frohm average like 120 passing yards a game? Lets see how they do when he has to double his production.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see us losing to lsu next year. Hell, they might be down to their 2nd interim coach by then. I'm also not buying in on uga after they lose everybody. Didn't frohm average like 120 passing yards a game? Lets see how they do when he has to double his production.

Have you noticed Kirbys recruiting classes?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If we're just talking about wins/losses, then 8 wins minimum is a very reasonable and obtainable goal. 9 or 10 wins is still possible. This team isn't completely devoid of talent.

But along with those 8 wins, we need to see some points scored. I'm sick of us having an offense on the far left of the bell curve. This year we need to be at least in the middle, but we need to be back to the right of the curve, consistently, and soon. We used to be known for having a dominating offense. It's time to get that reputation back.

Also, in the games we do lose. We need to at least look like we belonged on the same field as the other team. To many times under Mac we looked completely overmatched in our losses.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think we beat em. They’re gonna lose about 4 games next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Cawks take the East in 2018.

Rather see Chump win the division over the Dawgs any year, but can’t realistically see him ever winning the division.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Losing to Mississippi St wouldn’t surprise me, we always struggle in Starkville. Hell we have had our share of troubles with Ole Miss as well, I don’t know why, we’re usually a far more talented team, but we usually struggle with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.