Season and bowl recap

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Happy we won the bowl game and had a solid overall season (not great or even really good by any stretch) although it was really hard to watch at times.

That said, we have a ways to go. We need to make the below moves IMO:

1) Make Shannon permanent DC. Loved the pressure he was bringing all game, and to perform like that (albeit against a bad offense) with so many starters out is impressive.

2) Let Nord walk-- self explanatory

3) Push Nuss out the door. Let's hope he grabs a low tier HC gig somewhere.

4) Bring in Locksley and a couple other heavy hitting recruiters. Time to boost our support staff.

5) Bring in Zaire. Just to piss off some of the posters here :lol:

If these things happen I will have a much brighter outlook for next year.

SouthernGator84

Dec 26, 2016
Happy we won the bowl game and had a solid overall season (not great or even really good by any stretch) although it was really hard to watch at times.

1) Make Shannon permanent DC. Loved the pressure he was bringing all game, and to perform like that (albeit against a bad offense) with so many starters out is impressive.

4) Bring in Locksley and a couple other heavy hitting recruiters. Time to boost our support staff.

I agree with pretty much everything but you forgot Summers

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with a lot of that. Next year is really make or break for Mac along with this recruiting class. The talent leaving on defense will mean we won't beat mid and lower level SEC teams without having to score some which we have gotten away with some the past 2 years. That opening Michigan game will tell us a lot about how the season will go probably.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with pretty much everything but you forgot Summers

Yea I was going to put him in but had some reservations. Our OL recruiting should be solid this year, and we do have a young group which has shown flashes.

That said, it wouldn't bother me one bit if he was replaced with a younger, more energetic coach.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

@Wuerffel4Pres what gives on the dislike? Care to elaborate? :dunno:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They definitely looked better and more aggressive. We played way too much soft bend but don't break zone under Collins. It drove me crazy.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They definitely looked better and more aggressive. We played way too much soft bend but don't break zone under Collins. It drove me crazy.
Drove me crazy from day 1. Can't stand that soft shīt between the 20s thinking you're unstoppable in the Redzone.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That opening Michigan game will tell us a lot about how the season will go probably.
I wouldn't read too much into that game....Neutral site, first game of the season and both teams replacing tons of starters....Most likely a 14-10 type of game. What I would pay alot of attention to is if we match their strength and size. If yes, we may have something, if not it will be a long season.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I wouldn't read too much into that game....Neutral site, first game of the season and both teams replacing tons of starters....Most likely a 14-10 type of game. What I would pay alot of attention to is if we match their strength and size. If yes, we may have something, if not it will be a long season.
I guess we'll see which coach can coach up all that inexperience won't we. No home field advantage.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

6) Start Trask just to piss off Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Based on recent history, it's entirely possible Law's already exploded. Butting heads with the great O&B Ox isn't good for your health.
Stop kissing ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator