Season opener could be moved

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We're planning to go, just means we fly home on labor day.

Irregardless of the date change, both Mac and Hardbalz are in their 3rd year. This could be the best scenario for Mac as Meatchicken is losing a :kiffin:load of starters. 18-20 depending on which depth chart you look at. That doesn't guarantee Mac anything, but with the core we have coming back, it helps. Better keep the coaching decisions going, recruiting up, and fix the offense to have a chance. I think Shannon will have a D ready for us. It's up to Mac to get it done.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan couldn't even beat Iowa with all those seniors and NFL guys on this year's roster so how do they expect to beat the Gators with all of those losses and no game experience in 2017 prior to that game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters cant even beat (or score) against Arky or any ranked team. What's your point?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm planning on driving up and taking my son to his first Gator game. Just hoping it is a win or we are competitive. Either way... it is Gator football and close enough I can drive... Saturday or Sunday... I plan to be there.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Butters cant even beat (or score) against Arky or any ranked team. What's your point?

We looked like a big time offense compared to Michigan against Iowa. We have to find hope somewhere. Michigan's QB is average at best. He only puts up good numbers against overmatched defenses for the most part.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Michigan couldn't even beat Iowa with all those seniors and NFL guys on this year's roster so how do they expect to beat the Gators with all of those losses and no game experience in 2017 prior to that game.

They have a great coach, he'll have them ready to play. If we don't have a competent QB by then, they'll blow us out again. Only this time the whole country will be watching.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We looked like a big time offense compared to Michigan against Iowa. We have to find hope somewhere. Michigan's QB is average at best. He only puts up good numbers against overmatched defenses for the most part.

Maybe they just had a terrible day that day, it happens. Isn't that the game their QB got hurt? I wouldn't be going on the loss of this game as an indicator that we should beat them next year. Yeah they lose a lot of players, but he's recruited great and has another great class coming in. Michigan ain't falling too far, if at all.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can't compare those...michigan loses to iowa means nothing. Doesn't mean UF would beat michigan this year (we wouldn't) and it certainly means nothing for next year.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Im a little embarrassed but this game will be my first plane ride it would be nice to know what day to fly in. And we're gonna kick their a $$, suck it law.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I didn't see where the article explained the reason WHY the game might need to be rescheduled. Nothing in there indicated a problem to address.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im a little embarrassed but this game will be my first plane ride it would be nice to know what day to fly in. And we're gonna kick their a $$, suck it law.
It's a pretty neat area to spend a few extra days if you have the time.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Our offense clicked after a rocky start. And Iowa had a pretty good defense as well. I will take our D and those coming back next year with Shannon as DC. Also, Mac gets the offense going and fixed (not holding breath, but hoping) we have a very good chance. Meatchicken is losing a bunch of starters. Doesn't mean they're going to be bad, it just means UF may have more starting experience. We have not been able to say that in a long time.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell me again how we were big time? Didn't we only have 331 yards of offense? Our offense only scored 14 pts and one of those was the 85 yd play by Thompson. So we have what, one legit TD drive? We have a lot of work to do.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Most will disagree with me, but if we beat Michigan, I'll consider next season a success. 0-3 against 'em. I'm starving for our first victory already.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Most will disagree with me, but if we beat Michigan, I'll consider next season a success. 0-3 against 'em. I'm starving for our first victory already.

It'll be a success if we beat MeatChicken, Vols, Ugly, and Holes. And, of course, we win the East.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters will have great difficulty overcoming a 3 game losing streak to Holes, two game losing streak to Voles, and a loss to Ugly. Throw in some blowouts and the result is inevitable.

You have to be able to sell ice to eskimos to sell that the Gatornation should demand more of that. Frankly, Butters can't sell anything so I don't see it happening.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Butters will have great difficulty overcoming a 3 game losing streak to Holes, two game losing streak to Voles, and a loss to Ugly. Throw in some blowouts and the result is inevitable.

You have to be able to sell ice to eskimos to sell that the Gatornation should demand more of that. Frankly, Butters can't sell anything so I don't see it happening.
So you're predicting at least 6 losses next year? Let me find my shocked face.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say 6-6 is the high end.

It's OK, we will score two TDs in November and the Pumpers will claim we are turning the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator