Season Predictions 3.0

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Coaches have proven over and over now for two and a half years that they just cannot cut it. There's so many problems. It's really an endless list. Bad play calling, undisciplined/dumb mistakes, bad recruiting up until this year. I don't know how anybody thinks we beat any if the next three. LSU might be close because they have terrible coaching too. But Texas A&M could score 50 on our DBs. As talented as they are, they're still young and getting burnt at times. Tamu and Uga will smoke us.
5-6 seems like the best we can do. 4-7 is what the team looks like. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go WINLESS the rest of the way either. This coaching staff is historically bad.

The only reason we will have a chance to beat Georgia – is well – because they're Georgia. And only chump loses to Georgia.

As for LSU and A&M. They are both terrible right now. Sumlin is probably getting fired after this year. Eventhough their young QB looks pretty good.

Our schedule is historically bad. Even the team that should throttle us – FSU – is having a really bad year. You can only play your schedule. And through massive "smoking mirrors" we will continue to be ranked throughout the year.

The good news is we actually have been getting better every game. Well at least on offense. On defense we've probably been getting worse.

The bad news is if we win enough games, we have to play Bama.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think depending on beating UGA just because they are UGA, no matter how good the are, is a flawed plan. JMHO though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think depending on beating UGA just because they are UGA, no matter how good the are, is a flawed plan. JMHO though.

Look at the past two decades, it's been true a lot more than it's been false. UGA should be riding a 8 game winning streak against us by quality of our team verse the quality of theirs. UGA has a history of tightening up against us and going conservative. Their best win might be Notre Dame. Mississippi State is a garbage and Tennessee is getting worse every week. We might have beaten last weeks version of Tennesse by a couple of touchdowns. The SEC is still Alabama and everyone else. Alabama would beat UGA or us by half a hundred right now.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason we will have a chance to beat Georgia – is well – because they're Georgia. And only chump loses to Georgia.

As for LSU and A&M. They are both terrible right now. Sumlin is probably getting fired after this year. Eventhough their young QB looks pretty good.

Our schedule is historically bad. Even the team that should throttle us – FSU – is having a really bad year. You can only play your schedule. And through massive "smoking mirrors" we will continue to be ranked throughout the year.

The good news is we actually have been getting better every game. Well at least on offense. On defense we've probably been getting worse.

The bad news is if we win enough games, we have to play Bama.
We should be 9-2 at the worst

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the past two decades, it's been true a lot more than it's been false. UGA should be riding a 8 game winning streak against us by quality of our team verse the quality of theirs. UGA has a history of tightening up against us and going conservative. Their best win might be Notre Dame. Mississippi State is a garbage and Tennessee is getting worse every week. We might have beaten last weeks version of Tennesse by a couple of touchdowns. The SEC is still Alabama and everyone else. Alabama would beat UGA or us by half a hundred right now.

Our defense was easily better than theirs the last two years. If you don't think this year is different in so many ways not sure what to tell you. They are flat out better than us all over the place. If Mac somehow pulls it off, it will be because they are UGA.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense was easily better than theirs the last two years. If you don't think this year is different in so many ways not sure what to tell you. They are flat out better than us all over the place. If Mac somehow pulls it off, it will be because they are UGA.

And their offense was also clearly better than ours, by a wider margin than our defense was better than theirs. They are a better team this year, no one is denying that, but lets not pretend they are beating up on world beaters either. They have beaten up some bad teams. Just like our Vandy win isn't that impressive, because it's Vandy. As J and I are saying, never discount UGA being UGA.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the SEC wasn't so down, this team would probably be 4-7; however, as easy as this schedule is, I can see us winning the rest of our games this year. UGA and Michigan may be the only two ranked teams we play all year. This is the worst LSU team we'll play since the 90's, and FSU hasn't been this bad since Bowden was coaching. We are also very fortunate that A&M plays Bama the week before playing us. It's very difficult for teams to bring their A game a week after playing Bama.

That said, we still look like a 1-3 team disguised as a 3-1 team, so I feel like while we should win most the games on our schedule, we could still lose most of the games on our schedule too. This is just a strange, frustrating season.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Please show me in my post where I said 99% of what you said I did. You can't. I am a realist. He isn't going anywhere unless those things I actually said in my post happens.
The quicker you admit this school doesn't want to be Bammer the easier it is to watch the games.
Now. You can go back to your name calling.

Exactly...the comment referred to whether Mac will be back. Not who likes it, hates it, praises it or whines about it. Mac will be back. If I was the AD Spurrier would have been hired instead of Urban and he would still be coaching us. I remember a big debate back on the old board where I said Spurrier would coach USC longer than Urban would coach UF. They thought that was an impossibility.

I will always support the Gators...players and coaches...and make no apology for it. If they get rid of Mac I will support the new guy. But they ain't getting rid of the guy any time soon. Bank it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And their offense was also clearly better than ours, by a wider margin than our defense was better than theirs. They are a better team this year, no one is denying that, but lets not pretend they are beating up on world beaters either. They have beaten up some bad teams. Just like our Vandy win isn't that impressive, because it's Vandy. As J and I are saying, never discount UGA being UGA.

Except we got destroyed by Mich

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My original prediction was L's to Michigan and FSU, with tossups against LSU and UGA.

Well we lost to Michigan.

I now think we should win against LSU.
Texas A&M will be interesting, but I still think we can win it.

UGA is going to turn us into fertilizer.

FSU could still find a way to put it all together by the end of the season, but we stand a better chance in that game by a long shot than I believed before the season started.

So, 10-2 to 8-4 is still possible. 10-2 being possible but likely improbable.

I want to say 9-3, however, I wouldn't be shocked if more injuries pop up....so I'll go with 8-4.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Except we got destroyed by Mich

And, has UGA played anyone as good as the Michigan team we played... and that Michigan team wasn't as good as the one we lost to in 2015.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And, has UGA played anyone as good as the Michigan team we played... and that Michigan team wasn't as good as the one we lost to in 2015.

Here's the deal, ok...if Mac beats a good UGA team, I will be more of a believer(even though we own them). He beats the patsy's but can't beat anyone with a pulse. Our best win was Ole Miss TWO years ago. It's time he starts beating the better teams. Otherwise, he's wasting everyone's time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the deal, ok...if Mac beats a good UGA team, I will be more of a believer(even though we own them). He beats the patsy's but can't beat anyone with a pulse. Our best win was Ole Miss TWO years ago. It's time he starts beating the better teams. Otherwise, he's wasting everyone's time.

To me it depends on the UGA team we beat, is it the UGA team that looks decent. Then credit is due. Is it the UGA team that comes in the last decade that can't get out of it's own way. No extra credit is due. That Ole Miss team wasn't a great team either, they were a team that couldn't get out of their own way. The only good win, might be LSU last year and even that was a $hit storm. McElwain has to consistently beat teams with the same or better talent. In his time here, only the LSU win is that.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
My original prediction was L's to Michigan and FSU, with tossups against LSU and UGA.

Well we lost to Michigan.

I now think we should win against LSU.
Texas A&M will be interesting, but I still think we can win it.

UGA is going to turn us into fertilizer.

FSU could still find a way to put it all together by the end of the season, but we stand a better chance in that game by a long shot than I believed before the season started.

So, 10-2 to 8-4 is still possible. 10-2 being possible but likely improbable.

I want to say 9-3, however, I wouldn't be shocked if more injuries pop up....so I'll go with 8-4.

Are you including a bowl game or the canceled game with that math?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We will lose to either A&M or USCe. The rest will be wins. FSU is trash. Hot trash. UGAy has looked great against overrated teams, they’ll find a way to shyt the bed in Jax like they always do.

Lucky for us, we get to be Bama’s whipping boy again

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you including a bowl game or the canceled game with that math?
forgot about that...consider that in the win column ;)

which would mean 7-4 regular season maybe 8-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.