Season Ticket sales highest in 4 years

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...mpaign=Feed:+sports/college/uf+(Swamp+Things)

The Florida Gators have re-established themselves in the Swamp during coach Jim McElwain’s two seasons — on the field and in the ticket office.

McElwain’s Gators are 11-1 at home. Entering 2017, the Gators are on pace to sell 50,000 season tickets for the first time since 2013, on the heels of a 11-win season in Year 2 under former coach Will Muschamp.

With the Sept. 9 home-opener against Northern Colorado a month away, UF has sold more than 48,500 season tickets — the most in four years. Also, just around 2,000 of the 20,500 student-ticket allotment remain.

“That’s a good deal,” McElwain said.

For McElwain’s team to maintain such a sterling home record will not be easy.

Following overmatched Northern Colorado’s visit, the Gators’ schedule is as good as it has been in years. Tennessee, Vanderbilt, LSU, Texas A&M and Florida State all visit Steve Spurrier-Florida Field.

The Swamp long was considered one of college football’s most intimidating homefields. But the Gators lost six of eight games under Muschamp before he was fired and replaced by McElwain.

• Former UF coach Steve Spurrier gave his audience its money’s worth during Wednesday’s appearance at the Independence Bowl kickoff luncheon in Shrevport, La.

Spurrier was 250 miles northwest of Baton Rogue, but could not resist a quip directed SEC West rival LSU Tigers.

“You can have good ball players and still not win football games — all you LSU fans know about that,” Spurrier said.

Spurrier was 11-1 against the Tigers, who visit UF Oct. 7.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's because of the home schedule this year...UT, LSU, A&M and FSU. Best home slate in many years.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Probably because they have been the cheapest in years...Just sayin...

Somebody's gone to the Law Mule school of just making **** up.

https://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/...s-football-season-ticket-prices-2017-schedule
Florida’s season ticket prices will jump to $380 per seat in 2017, the school announced Wednesday, an average of just over $54 per game over the Gators’ unique seven-game home schedule.This is the second consecutive year that Florida has raised season ticket prices

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How in the hell is there student tickets remaining? WTF? When I was in school (early/mid-90's) they sold out in the first couple of weeks, if not the first week. There's 2,000 left?? Wow! Tells you where this generations priorities are (mine was (A) getting p*ssy and (B) Gator football)....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How in the hell is there student tickets remaining? WTF? When I was in school (early/mid-90's) they sold out in the first couple of weeks, if not the first week. There's 2,000 left?? Wow! Tells you where this generations priorities are (mine was (A) getting p*ssy and (B) Gator football)....

UF students are all eggheads these days.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's simple really. You have to be a complete brainiac (nerd) to get into UF these days and most of those folks aren't into sports.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Somebody's gone to the Law Mule school of just making **** up.

https://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/...s-football-season-ticket-prices-2017-schedule
Florida’s season ticket prices will jump to $380 per seat in 2017, the school announced Wednesday, an average of just over $54 per game over the Gators’ unique seven-game home schedule.This is the second consecutive year that Florida has raised season ticket prices
and if you read the article is due to the fact that we will have more home games this year than ever before, so of course the price is going to go up, this is a business after all. ....what was last years price or 2015? or better yet 2008? I'm sure $380 a seat when we were relevant in every NC conversation, pricing may have been a smidge more, especially for the "donation" portion.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of how or why it happened, more butts in the seats is always a good thing. Attendance has been down across all college football (and sports in general), so this is great to see.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Regardless of how or why it happened, more butts in the seats is always a good thing. Attendance has been down across all college football (and sports in general), so this is great to see.
I completely agree, if any year were to get season tickets, this would be it...Now keeping them at that level of occupancy for next year will be the true tale of the tape

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
We would stand in line for hours to get tickets when I was there.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Freshman year was 97 and I got my tickets when I went up for Preview, can't remember what month that was. 3 years later I was working in the ticket office and student tickets sold out in 3 days. It was insane.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's simple really. You have to be a complete brainiac (nerd) to get into UF these days and most of those folks aren't into sports.
They need to go back to allowing anyone to sit there... let the students sell the tickets to people that actually want to go to the game

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I seem to remember years when a lotto was needed because more students wanted to go to games than there were seats. Not really that long ago or I forget easily.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They need to go back to allowing anyone to sit there... let the students sell the tickets to people that actually want to go to the game
Exactly!!! Why have empty seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.