Sep 15, 2014
Holy Crap....T Rex was right about Coach White. :faint:

Congrats. Those are some great awards.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mike "Doesn't know how to attack a simple zone" White won coach of the year? Can't be!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yall better give Rex props for being on the white train the whole time while alot were either unsure or not pleased with him. You give him non stop crap on football, time to pay the piper.

Good call rex. I was one of the doubters but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Congrats white!

:racist:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess since he had two first team All SEC players and kept falling short, Fox must be worst coach of the year? I know I should not type the previous since I like Calipari want UGa to keep him.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yall better give Rex props for being on the white train the whole time while alot were either unsure or not pleased with him. You give him non stop crap on football, time to pay the piper.

Good call rex. I was one of the doubters but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Congrats white!

Coaches have won COY early and been fired in a few years before. This year is a nice step for White. He needs to keep earning bids year after year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

:nutswinger:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I doubted Coach, too. However I don't owe trex diddly squat. He probably used firefoley as an alias so he could piss and moan under a different name.

Congrats, Gators!!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tough crowd. I was apprehensive about the hire initially and I think I was kinda rough on him last year but willing to give him a chance.

I would love a sweet 16 though.

Go Gators!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Big hope is that this COY award turns good recruits to consider getting on board. That it gives Coach White's recruiting statements some drawing power. We need certain type players and plenty of them.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
eat%2Bcrow.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubted coach white last year too. His style is so much different than billy's so it was adjustment for me.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I doubted coach white last year too. His style is so much different than billy's so it was adjustment for me.

Yea you were a huge tool last year towards White. Messed up bro.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Count me in the doubters group and I am pleased to see how White has turned things around this year and I agree that he deserves this award.

I am not ready to praise him just yet because he inherited virtually this entire roster (x- Leon, Barry, and Hester) from Billy and I believe that this is a tournament quality roster.
Once he has mostly his own players we will see if he is the long term answer. I sure hope so.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

:britney:

Welcome new UF Basketball Coach Michael White

Three NIT's? That's awesome.

How many NCAAs?

Give me a break. This is a MEH hire at best

Well...obviously I am joking but we weren't the program we are now in 1996...if you wrote down all the accomplishments on paper from the 19 years you'd expect a little more from the new guy besides some NITs.

Sometimes, I feel like Foley is trying to outsmart everyone instead of doing some due diligence. Again, just me

He won three conference championships out of 4 years. I guess it's just difficult for his conference to get an NCAA bid.
Oh, so he can't do "difficult"? I don't get this reasoning? Oh...it's hard to get to the tourney. It's like you are already making excuses for the guy. That's a little f ed up IMHO.

He's from a one off conference...you have to win the conference tourney to get the automatic bid. He's basically 0-3 as the 1 seed in conference tourney play.

Excuse machine in full effect today. This is Will Muschamp all over again. But he did XYZ and he did this and that. Bottom line is he couldn't win the conference tourney ONCE in THREE tries as the best team in his league. Just gimme ONE NC2A...just one.

This is another reach by Foley. Don't try to find the next Billy Donovan. Find the next UF basketball coach.

Simple question...would you rather have a proven guy or an unknown quantity that's never made an NC2A?

No **** if he wins the SEC regular season he'll get in. What was brought up was him crapping all over himself when he was the number one seed in his conference when he knew he'd have to win out to get into the tourney. Hell, he only made one final out of three. I guess I wanted somebody that at least made a sweet 16. My bad. I should have known Foley would be cruising the 50% off rack.

White? SIX year contract for 3 straight NITs? That's settling to me. This is one of the top 3 athletic depts in the country.

Last two SOS's? 211 & 219!!!!

Wow. Now that is a cause for serious concern folks. So the guy beat up on a bunch of tomato cans? 100 wins vs no one. Spin in 3...2...1...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I anticipate a dislike from Rex for that last post. But it's his own words, not sure how he would dislike himself as opposed to owning it. However, I'll also state I've taken him off ignore (req'd for quoting), in hopes that things have improved.

The above quote is less a jab at Rex than it is a "WTF" to Dirty. I'm expecting there may be a few others who eat crow once the season and tournaments are done, but we'll have to wait until March Madness is over to see how White actually stacks up. I'm still waiting to see if White 'has it'.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I anticipate a dislike from Rex for that last post. But it's his own words, not sure how he would dislike himself as opposed to owning it. However, I'll also state I've taken him off ignore (req'd for quoting), in hopes that things have improved.

The above quote is less a jab at Rex than it is a "WTF" to Dirty. I'm expecting there may be a few others who eat crow once the season and tournaments are done, but we'll have to wait until March Madness is over to see how White actually stacks up. I'm still waiting to see if White 'has it'.

I've been all over the place on White. I liked the hire but last year I was not thrilled with his recruiting.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I've been all over the place on White. I liked the hire but last year I was not thrilled with his recruiting.

I don't see a whole lot of talent on this team. Other than Allen, nobody makes me think NBA, and half are destined to be overseas. So, I want to believe in White as having gotten us where we are with what talent was there. But I'm more waiting to see what he can do in the NCAA with what talent he's pulled together - how does he gameplan for opponents, prepare his guys, and manage playing time based on the flow of the game when the pressure is on. So, this year's tournament....and probably a bit more weight on the next year or two where he can show us what talent he can bring in, how well he can develop that talent, and how well he can achieve-maintain solid in-game coaching ability.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see a whole lot of talent on this team. Other than Allen, nobody makes me think NBA, and half are destined to be overseas. So, I want to believe in White as having gotten us where we are with what talent was there. But I'm more waiting to see what he can do in the NCAA with what talent he's pulled together - how does he gameplan for opponents, prepare his guys, and manage playing time based on the flow of the game when the pressure is on. So, this year's tournament....and probably a bit more weight on the next year or two where he can show us what talent he can bring in, how well he can develop that talent, and how well he can achieve-maintain solid in-game coaching ability.

I agree with you completely but I must state that while we don't have a lot of "NBA talent" as you stated, neither do many of the other teams that ultimately win it all. This whole "one and done" thing has served to consolidate the elite talent at a handful of schools which typically means that they have no continuity and can't sustain success (yes, I am looking at you UK) and they lose to more of the veteran teams with good players such as Villanova or UConn. These teams end up winning it all as often as the Dukes and the Kentuckys these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb