SEC - Big 12 Challenge

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This matchup can really help UF in terms of getting into the tourney and getting a decent seed. The SEC's rep can be enhanced or diminished by this series of games. Here are the 10 games in order of start time with Kenpom ratings:

aTm (62) at UWVa (3)
UF (13) at OU (64)
LSU (158) at TxTech (40)
KSU (26) at UTn (42)
UAR (44) at Ok State (27)
UTx (71) at UGa (52)
Iowa St (24) at Vandy (63)
Auburn (87) at TCU (35)
Baylor (7) at Mississippi (98)
KU (9) at UK (2)

So how does the SEC get 5 games out of these 10? Hopefully UF and UK can win their games. That would be two wins.

UF killed UWVa last year and so I suspect UWVa comes in ready this year and proabably gets that game. After last night it is hard to believe LSU will beat anyone not to mention a Kenpom number 40 team on the road.

UTn might beat KSU at home though after beating UK the other night KSU will show up ready. Still less say UTn is the SEC's 3rd potential win. UAR could win at Ok State, but I guess the home team has the edge.

UGa looked terrible last night against UAL, but still maybe can bounce back to give the SEC a possible 4th win. Iowa St might have some trouble with Memorial and as we have seen Vandy has some talent, so Vandy is a possible 5th win. Pearl is a solid coach so maybe Auburn could beat TCU, but again the home better team probably has the edge. Though over the years UF teams have struggled in Oxford, Baylor likely beats Mississippi.

So I see the best chances for 5 SEC wins are UF, UK, UTn, UGa and Vandy. If any of the first 5 lose, I see the best chances for the SEC to make up for that are UAR and AU.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oklahoma is bad enough now where even a road loss is damaging to our tourney hopes however.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oklahoma is bad enough now where even a road loss is damaging to our tourney hopes however.
Yep, they've lost 10 of their last 12. Interestingly, they beat WVU (#7 at the time), and WVU just beat KS. So they're capable, especially at home.
We need to win the games we're supposed to win (no more Vandy-like games).
Lunardi currently has us as a #5 seed after the LSU romp.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, they've lost 10 of their last 12. Interestingly, they beat WVU (#7 at the time), and WVU just beat KS. So they're capable, especially at home.
We need to win the games we're supposed to win (no more Vandy-like games).
Lunardi currently has us as a #5 seed after the LSU romp.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I watched them against TX a little. They got some small quick guys at guard that can be dangerous at times if their shots are dropping but they didn't look to be that good of a team overall but most road games are usually tough so we better be ready to play.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This matchup can really help UF in terms of getting into the tourney and getting a decent seed. The SEC's rep can be enhanced or diminished by this series of games. Here are the 10 games in order of start time with Kenpom ratings:

aTm (62) at UWVa (3)
UF (13) at OU (64)
LSU (158) at TxTech (40)
KSU (26) at UTn (42)
UAR (44) at Ok State (27)
UTx (71) at UGa (52)
Iowa St (24) at Vandy (63)
Auburn (87) at TCU (35)
Baylor (7) at Mississippi (98)
KU (9) at UK (2)

So how does the SEC get 5 games out of these 10? Hopefully UF and UK can win their games. That would be two wins.

UF killed UWVa last year and so I suspect UWVa comes in ready this year and proabably gets that game. After last night it is hard to believe LSU will beat anyone not to mention a Kenpom number 40 team on the road.

UTn might beat KSU at home though after beating UK the other night KSU will show up ready. Still less say UTn is the SEC's 3rd potential win. UAR could win at Ok State, but I guess the home team has the edge.

UGa looked terrible last night against UAL, but still maybe can bounce back to give the SEC a possible 4th win. Iowa St might have some trouble with Memorial and as we have seen Vandy has some talent, so Vandy is a possible 5th win. Pearl is a solid coach so maybe Auburn could beat TCU, but again the home better team probably has the edge. Though over the years UF teams have struggled in Oxford, Baylor likely beats Mississippi.

So I see the best chances for 5 SEC wins are UF, UK, UTn, UGa and Vandy. If any of the first 5 lose, I see the best chances for the SEC to make up for that are UAR and AU.

So UWVa won as expected LSU lost but put pu somewhat of a fight. UF won. UGa, Vandy and UTn won to give the SEC 4 wins with TCU at AU, Baylor at Mississippi and KU at UK still pending for the SEC to get to 5 or maybe even 6 wins.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If the last 3 games ended now

UK winning by 12

Ole Miss by 5 (won't last)

Auburn tied (could win)

The SEC would beat the Big 12 7-3.....who said the SEC was bad lol

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So it ends up 5-5. So are we happier with 5-5 and UK losing or would we rather have it 6-4 with UK winning?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So it ends up 5-5. So are we happier with 5-5 and UK losing or would we rather have it 6-4 with UK winning?

Anytime that crowd in Lexington loses it is a blessing.

**** Cheatapari. Skull**** racist Rupp's bones. Jam a plunger up the ass of that anti-American skank whore Ashely Judd while you are at it too....

Oh, 84-68. Choke on that forever Big Blew.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my. I know he's not loved around here, but this is too funny not to share.:lmao2:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UK losing is ALWAYS good!! The ESPN crew said that the Big12 would win this challenge EASILY and it ended up tied so that says something about the SEC that we aren't that bad as people think. SEC SEC SEC

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.