SEC Country: Approval Rating for SEC coaches

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
850 of the "strongly approve" votes are from FSUx and UGAy fans though..so....

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Warning, I don't know about the podcast at the end. However, I did listen to the episode before that one and got sun poisoning from all the pumping. For example, LDR can be good this year. Watch your ears.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, there's a pic of a guy's ass in tight underwear right below the McElwain vote.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that it's a terrible poll. I don't think it's necessarily that people approve of him. They just don't approve or disapprove.

I mean he's winning games. It's just that the direction of the program is unknown. Will the defense get worse? Will the offense ever look better?

Who knows?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that it's a terrible poll. I don't think it's necessarily that people approve of him. They just don't approve or disapprove.

I mean he's winning games. It's just that the direction of the program is unknown. Will the defense get worse? Will the offense ever look better?

Who knows?

Man...astute observation. I was going to say they need a neither approve or disapprove option but I didn't want ppl to think I was hating. I bet the poll completely changes with that option.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
People have the tendency to look around them and think what they see constitutes reality.

For instance, the people I know that smoke weed are convinced that the majority of people smoke weed. They think this because they are constantly in the company of like minded people.

The vocal negators on this board are convinced that the majority of the Gator fans out there want McElwain fired. When they discuss this they always say "everyone I talk to wants him gone".

I honestly think that those who fall into the T-Rex and Dirty South category of thinking Mac should have been fired last week are the tiny minority. I think the vast majority of the fans out there, or even just on this board, support Mac and think he has us going in the right direction.

Of course, I could be falling victim to confirmation bias just like the negators. It would be interesting to see a poll on Gator Chatter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Noles love him 100%. He is actually running 110% with Bammer and Tinerc fans (lots of vote early vote often types).

2222 is going to be in for a big surprise when the Mac stumbles into October 2-2. Even he will have to face reality. Butter's owns it lock stock and barrel, even the head in the sand types agree.

Butters is a 4 or more loss coach and a bottom of the SEC offense guy. He is what he is.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People have the tendency to look around them and think what they see constitutes reality.

For instance, the people I know that smoke weed are convinced that the majority of people smoke weed. They think this because they are constantly in the company of like minded people.

The vocal negators on this board are convinced that the majority of the Gator fans out there want McElwain fired. When they discuss this they always say "everyone I talk to wants him gone".

I honestly think that those who fall into the T-Rex and Dirty South category of thinking Mac should have been fired last week are the tiny minority. I think the vast majority of the fans out there, or even just on this board, support Mac and think he has us going in the right direction.

Of course, I could be falling victim to confirmation bias just like the negators. It would be interesting to see a poll on Gator Chatter.
I think it's split down the middle. The biggest group of pumpers on the internet (swampgas) was split 60/40 im favor of the pumpers. Nobody is saying he should be fired year after year 2 but I think you're really down playing the amount of noise out there. Me personally, I think it's borderline insanity to be completely sold on him.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I think it's split down the middle. The biggest group of pumpers on the internet (swampgas) was split 60/40 im favor of the pumpers. Nobody is saying he should be fired year after year 2 but I think you're really down playing the amount of noise out there. Me personally, I think it's borderline insanity to be completely sold on him.

Like I said, I could be wrong on this one. I honestly think the silent majority sees the Gators going in the right direction.

The only way to tell for sure would be to have a carefully worded poll here on Gator Chatter. Of course, that would only tell us the mood of this board's denizens. It would be a rather small and flawed sample, but interesting nonetheless.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest group of pumpers on the internet (swampgas) was split 60/40 im favor of the pumpers.
Yeah, that's telling.

Im actually really surprised. They were full bore in the "just bad luck and too many injury" defense with Chimp.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
62% Strongly approve
33% Approve
4% Disapprove
1% Strongly Disapprove

The 4% that disapprove probably strongly disapprove but they are just being nice so put them in the strongly disapprove pile.
The 33% that approve probably really are in the don't know category. But if you don't know shouldn't you by now so really that's disapproval. The 62% that strongly approve are insane so they don't really count,
So that's:
5% strongly disapprove
33% disapprove
62% are insane

So really 100% of the people that know what they are talking about disapprove.*

*Brought to you by NegatorMath(TM)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
62% Strongly approve
33% Approve
4% Disapprove
1% Strongly Disapprove

The 4% that disapprove probably strongly disapprove but they are just being nice so put them in the strongly disapprove pile.
The 33% that approve probably really are in the don't know category. But if you don't know shouldn't you by now so really that's disapproval. The 62% that strongly approve are insane so they don't really count,
So that's:
5% strongly disapprove
33% disapprove
62% are insane

So really 100% of the people that know what they are talking about disapprove.*

*Brought to you by NegatorMath(TM)

Do you think Swamp Gas is full of Negators? Because their poll only had two choices and it was 60/40 for Mac and 40 against. The pumpers there had a full meltdown. I'm sure they perma banned most of those 40 percenters LOL.

Is that Negator math too?

And I still love ya dude!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Do you think Swamp Gas is full of Negators? Because their poll only had two choices and it was 60/40 for Mac and 40 against. The pumpers there had a full meltdown. I'm sure they perma banned most of those 40 percenters LOL.

Is that Negator math too?

And I still love ya dude!

The 60% that approved on Swampgas are prolly the same 60% that approved on SEC Country and we've already established that they're insane so that's 100% disapprove.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The 60% that approved on Swampgas are prolly the same 60% that approved on SEC Country and we've already established that they're insane so that's 100% disapprove.

Ha! The same 60% wanted Chump back for a 4th year too don't forget.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. The poll was taken by albaverdi and his minions were the voters. That's like asking a bunch of republicans if they approve of trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator