SEC Country on Shannon

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We will see... everybody seems to be predicting Locksley... hope it is true.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So Shannon gets promoted to DC, but demoted from recruiting coordinator. Mac better have one up his sleeve.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cliff's Notes: Shannon is a good DC if he has good talent (like most DC's at most schools).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. That is very anti-Shannon. And who has Mac out-schemed? That part was funny.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow. That is very anti-Shannon. And who has Mac out-schemed? That part was funny.

The other funny part was that he shouldn't be on the hot seat. Dude gets blown out 8 out of 9 losses and recruits like he's mentally handicapped, but they think he shouldn't be on the hot seat.

I think Shannon will do just fine....but yes, need to recruit better.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The article actually stated that saban will never amass the talent that butch davis did :lol2:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The other funny part was that he shouldn't be on the hot seat. Dude gets blown out 8 out of 9 losses and recruits like he's mentally handicapped, but they think he shouldn't be on the hot seat.

Lemme try that for a second.....

The funny part is that some think he should be on the hot seat. Dude goes 10-4 in his first year with an SEC East crown, then 9-4 (cancelled a cupcake that would have been another win) in his second year with a bowl win and another SEC East crown. He's got kids leaving early for the NFL off a highly ranked defense and perhaps not a huge drop off there for next year; meanwhile he has built a healthy stable of RBs and WRs to the point of creating attrition due to playing time. And yet, some think he should be on the hot seat.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The funny part is that some think he should be on the hot seat. Dude goes 10-4 in his first year with an SEC East crown, then 9-4 (cancelled a cupcake that would have been another win) in his second year with a bowl win and another SEC East crown. He's got kids leaving early for the NFL off a highly ranked defense and perhaps not a huge drop off there for next year; meanwhile he has built a healthy stable of RBs and WRs to the point of creating attrition due to playing time. And yet, some think he should be on the hot seat.

Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce to you a Pumper!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Although I'm not on the fire Mac train yet, those years just aren't going to cut it at Florida. You said it in your post, he's losing quite a lot of talent on defense. Does this mean he was riding this talented defense to those wins? Definitely plausible considering he had 100 ranked offenses his only 2 years here so far. He has brought in some solid RB's and WR's, but none of that is going to matter if he can't develop a good QB .

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Only the Negators think so.....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am in no way a pumper for anything going on within the football program here, but the article seems quite misguided. I lived in south Florida during Randy's entire time at UM. He was an excellent DC, talent or not. Randy was a horrendous HC and my contention was that he was an awful hire from the start. I argue that when you fire an ineffective head coach, you are in essence firing the entire staff, yet you go and hire a coach from that staff? Big mistake. Secondly, and I am not defending Randy one iota, but he set out to completely change the way the outside viewed scrotUM and did his best to clean that SH1T up down there. And for the most part he did a good job at that. But Randy was awful at managing the entire program and not just his inability to cope well during the games. Yet Randy has shown that given one simple task, i.e be the DC, that he is quite capable. I think that Randy has done an above average job working with a limited # of LB's since he has been here. Davis has improved in pass coverage and the young guys seemed to make some strides. Even Vosean Joseph who was no stud in high school, seems to have a good grasp of where he is supposed to be. I vividly remember a pass interference penalty he committed in the USCe game (it was a good call), but I commented that he read the wheel route and was covering his assignment. I saw a pass play in the IOwa game where the TE made a nice catch, but Joseph had good coverage. The fact that young guys are knowing where they are supposed to be is to me a testament to the practice and the coach. So I am okay with Randy as DC for now and since we are not asking him to take on more than he can chew, I think he will be a very good DC again, given a decent amount of talent!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am in no way a pumper for anything going on within the football program here, but the article seems quite misguided. I lived in south Florida during Randy's entire time at UM. He was an excellent DC, talent or not. Randy was a horrendous HC and my contention was that he was an awful hire from the start. I argue that when you fire an ineffective head coach, you are in essence firing the entire staff, yet you go and hire a coach from that staff? Big mistake. Secondly, and I am not defending Randy one iota, but he set out to completely change the way the outside viewed scrotUM and did his best to clean that SH1T up down there. And for the most part he did a good job at that. But Randy was awful at managing the entire program and not just his inability to cope well during the games. Yet Randy has shown that given one simple task, i.e be the DC, that he is quite capable. I think that Randy has done an above average job working with a limited # of LB's since he has been here. Davis has improved in pass coverage and the young guys seemed to make some strides. Even Vosean Joseph who was no stud in high school, seems to have a good grasp of where he is supposed to be. I vividly remember a pass interference penalty he committed in the USCe game (it was a good call), but I commented that he read the wheel route and was covering his assignment. I saw a pass play in the IOwa game where the TE made a nice catch, but Joseph had good coverage. The fact that young guys are knowing where they are supposed to be is to me a testament to the practice and the coach. So I am okay with Randy as DC for now and since we are not asking him to take on more than he can chew, I think he will be a very good DC again, given a decent amount of talent!

Good write up....but when Tommy Bowden got fired Clemson hired one of his assistants.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Shannon gets promoted to DC, but demoted from recruiting coordinator. Mac better have one up his sleeve.
It's not demoted from recruiting coordinator. Recruiting coordinator is damn near a full-time job. Realistically you don't want the TE coach, the only guy who isn't doing anything, to be the recruiting coordinator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I . Yet Randy has shown that given one simple task, i.e be the DC, that he is quite capable.
One simple task? Being a DC on a P5 team is a simple task? lulz

I like the rest your post though, buddy.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pump away, but the fact is that losing eight games in two years, getting blownout six times, being 2-4 vs our rivals, and being a terrible recruiter makes you on the hot seat at UF every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator