SEC Film Room on SEC Network

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure if anybody else has seen this, but this week's episode spends some time covering the Gators. I found it very intersting (although I had to watch through them talking about UGA first).

Some of the key things they covered... Driskel threw the majority of his passes in the flats or behind the line of scrimmage (not a surprise). They did say that Driskel was 1-4 throwing long, but I know 2 of those were dropped (Debose and Dunbar). I also don't think that includes the 2 PI calls.

One thing they really looked at was how we were not in the proper protection from the OL standpoint a couple of times during the game. In both cases they showed how Driskel through a very good pass with pressure, but what scared me is that it really highlighted that we still do have OL problems.

I hope Summers gets them coached up, because even Kentucky has two very good DEs that could make this game closer than I would like.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody was surprised that Moore couldn't block anyone.

Rod J., Thurman, Garcia, Brown, and Green will hopefully be our line. With Sharp spelling the tackles.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was less about Moore just missing people than it was about the protection scheme they were in at times. It seemed like the wrong protection was being called (not sure if that is the center or coming in from sideline).

Moore was not good and either was Thurman... IMO, but these looked like communication issues.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like everything that was wrong can be fixed with some coaching and more playing expereince. The new offense is a bigger adjustment for the O-lineman than any other position group, so it isn't too surprising that there were some mishaps in the first game. I'm sure the coaches have been working on all of those this week, so Kentucky is a perfect team to look for improvment. They are good enough to test to help the O-line continue to learn and develop, but they still aren't a serious threat to pull off an upset.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n47814 said:
I don't think anybody was surprised that Moore couldn't block anyone.

Rod J., Thurman, Garcia, Brown, and Green will hopefully be our line. With Sharp spelling the tackles.

I don't think Moore has any business playing d 1 football

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Any doubt we have with the O line will be solidified by Bama. They have the talent and coaches to expose our true weakness, and it will become the blueprint for the rest of our opponents.

Just sayin'

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ATXGator;n47816 said:
It was less about Moore just missing people than it was about the protection scheme they were in at times. It seemed like the wrong protection was being called (not sure if that is the center or coming in from sideline).

Moore was not good and either was Thurman... IMO, but these looked like communication issues.

After watching the game twice, I think Moore's purpose on the line is to be a living turnstile that gets our starting quarterbacks killed. Thurman was serviceable. The problem is, serviceable against EMU is getting your butt kicked against real competition.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but there were problems other than Moore. The issues they pointed out happened prior to Moore even coming in. Then there was one play during the game where I think Garcia just fell down!

The biggest key to our success is our OL play and what I saw against EMU did not make me confident.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n47875 said:
Yeah, but there were problems other than Moore. The issues they pointed out happened prior to Moore even coming in. Then there was one play during the game where I think Garcia just fell down!

The biggest key to our success is our OL play and what I saw against EMU did not make me confident.

Nobody's going to grade out at 100%. Or at least consistently grade out at 100%. I just don't want my starting guard/tackle missing 25% of his assignments.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, the competition isn't going to get easier. They need to get their sh*t together asap!

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In other words, it was nothing more than a Gator bashing session. Well, count me in as not going to watch it now..lol Oh well.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Game one at the real deal speeds, well different speed than practice. If we see the same type of breakdowns in game 2, maybe worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator